RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
bazach

Weanling sale

Agree  Breeder, I'm  not  one that "follows the  herd "as far as flavour of the month.As you say it's about trying to  stay  one step ahead if you can. That's the  challenge and I enjoy  that. Also making a profit keeps her indoors happy!!

Cheers 

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 11:39 PM, Breeder said:

Basically agree with you Swoopa , but I suppose what I was trying to say is, if you're looking for some value then look away from the "in fashion sires". I would not be surprised to see some "inflated" prices paid for the progeny of those fashionable sires at the MM sale, so to get some value , no matter what you're aiming to do, look for some good alternatives. The three I mentioned were just looking at the newer sires.

I would take a slightly different approach if I was trying to pinhook vs buying to race myself because with pinhooking I'd be looking forward to who I thought would be the next "flavour of the month" at the yearling sales. For example, I think the clever buyers at NZB went past Tavistock ( large numbers coming down the pipeline) and bought Makfi's. I'm not sure what the Aussie's would be looking at.

But no matter what you're buying for, I agree that on type you have be trying to envisage what type the weanling will grow into ---for that I'd definitely need some experienced help --yearlings are hard enough but weanlings are a more difficult proposition.

Breeder,From all reports a very strong and busy two days with lots of cash around.Alot of agents etc buying weanlings for trainers and putting them in the paddock to cut out the middle  man at the yearling sales.