RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Sam Wynne, Overdue Suspension

Whilst clearly a talented apprentice the day of reckoning has come and none too soon IMHO. Stipes had given her a warning 2 races earlier but she clearly is not a quick learner.From memory its not the first time either.

BOOTS ‘N’ ALL (S Wynne) shifted in near the 250 metres and made firm contact with CARBIDE. BOOTS ‘N’ ALL continued on an inward movement severely checking CARBIDE and GOLD ALLURE. Apprentice S Wynne admitted a breach of Rule 638(1)(d), and after hearing all relevant submissions the JCA suspended her licence to ride at race meetings for 3 weeks effective 1 May to 22 May inclusive.

Someone needs to get a hold of her cos next time injuries may occur.

1 hour ago, Mainland Rookie said:

Agree , she took a right angle almost on that horse. Good that she wants to win but she needs to remember to actually look around and see where the other horses are! 

My point exactly and its not the first time shes done it. Fine line between competitive and dangerous at times which is why i raised this topic.Lets hope she learns from this episode as she has some talent.

I totally agree her riding at times is dangerous. i feel very sorry for the owner of the horse she caused to fall at Timaru a few weeks ago, it was showing nice promise i havnt seen it back racing since, although i may be wrong. she also injured atleast 1 other horse in that incident. And didn't recieve any punishment for it even though she clearly tryed to force her way through a gap that was not really a gap at all!

Re the last race at Riccarton on Saturday (for which she got the suspension, which I agree had been coming just based on that day's rides alone), but from a business perspective, it was probably not a smart move for Sam to put one of Kevin Myers horses half-way through the running rail