RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Replacement For Apache Cat

:lol:

I knew I would get a bite from you and Pogo.

Even more unusual markings than the Cat don't you think. They reckon they already have a huge following of her because of that factor. 

Now settle down or I'll go around to the Oaks and tell on you. :D

Good to see owner Dick Karreman enjoying success over the weekend.

Night Voyage won a nice 3 yr old race onGroup 1 day.....race stake NZ$20k

At Awapuni he wins with Snowdrift.......race stake NZ$7k

Wins with showy Miss Vista at Flemington.....race stake. A$86k ,which was lowest stake of day !

The above is telling and all the rhetoric from top trainers etc about raising minimum stakes has led to zilch.....Rogerson ,Wheeler etc

win a race barely pays for 1 month training !

NZ$7k.......geez !

Yes Teddles, I'd have to give her points for more distinctive markings.  

Shame they didn't call her Pocahontas - would have been nicely in keeping with the Indian theme.

Two wins is a great start but remember, two swallows (the birdies Ted.  Keep your mind above your navel) don't make a summer.

It was because of her looks that one can't help compare her with the "The Cat" my dear. Anyhows' she has started off better than him. Two from two whereas he was 3 from thirteen. Interestingly, both sprinters also. 

Speaking of Indian's and two's Irish:

There once was an Indian whose given name was "Onestone", so named because he had only one testicle. He hated that name and asked everyone not to call him Onestone. After years and years of torment, Onestone finally cracked and said, "If anyone calls me Onestone again I will kill them!" 

The word got around and nobody called him that any more. 

Then one day a young woman named Blue Bird forgot and said, "Good morning, Onestone." He jumped up, grabbed her and took her deep into the forest where he made love to her all day and all night. He made love to her all the next day, until Blue Bird died from exhaustion. 

The word got around that Onestone meant what he promised he would do. 

Years went by and no one dared call him by his given name until a woman named Yellow Bird returned to the village after being away for many years. Yellow Bird, who was Blue Bird's cousin, was overjoyed when she saw Onestone. She hugged him and said, "Good to see you, Onestone." Onestone grabbed her, took her deep into the forest, then he made love to her all day, made love to her all night, made love to her all the next day, made love to her all the next night, but Yellow Bird wouldn't die! 

What is the moral of this story? 

You can't kill two birds with one stone.   

Here you go Irish. Just seen this: Thought you might like to see the photo. 

Miss Vista - Racing and Sports’ Most Popular Horse

Miss Vista — an Apache Cat lookalike — has rocketed to the top of the Racing and Sports most searched horse list.

The George Osborne-trained Miss Vista blitzed a Maiden field at Ballarat yesterday leading all the way on her debut.

In doing so Miss Vista went within a whisker of the course record clocking 57.31 over the 1000m.

Given her looks and performance it is not surprising Miss Vista Horseform has created so much attention from racing enthusiasts — and her popularity is certain to grow as her career progresses.

CeLHlJQUMAA6jqP.jpg

Thank you Teddles.  Her name stuck out when I looked at the fields last night, but I was buggered if I could think why. 

Speaking of champions,there are some lovely photos of Sir Slick on Facebook.. Looking as fit as a Mallee bull (stupid expression, who's ever seen a Mallee bull to know how fit they are?) and obviously enjoying his well earned retirement.

Spring is upon us Teddles.  21 sleeps to Cox Plate and 31 to The Cup.  Isn't Spring grand?? :)

Teddles, today was the first time I have seen Miss Vista in the flesh (so to speak).  I have to admit, she is very, very striking.

What do you fancy for the Arc???

37 minutes ago, Irish said:

What do you fancy for the Arc???

With all the rain in the Waikato hopefully the Unicorns this time Irish. :) 

A long time ago, when the Earth was green,
There was more kinds of animals than you've ever seen.
And they'd run around free when the Earth was being born,
And the loveliest of 'em all was the unicorn.

There was green alligators and long-necked geese,
Some humpty backed camels and some chimpanzees.
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born,
The loveliest of all was the unicorn.

Well now God seen some sinnin' and it caused Him pain.
And He said, "Stand back, I'm going to make it rain!"
He said, "Hey, Brother Noah, I'll tell you what to do,
build me a floating zoo,"

"and take some of them".......

"Green alligators and long-necked geese,
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born.
Don't you forget My unicorns."

Well Old Noah he was there and he answered the callin',
And he finished makin' the ark just as the rain started to fallin'.
Then he marched in all them animals two by two,
And he sung out as they went through,

"Hey Lord,"

"I got Your green alligators and long-necked geese,
Some cats and rats and elephants, but Lord, I'm so forlorn,
I just can't see no unicorns !"

And Noah looked out through the driving rain,
The unicorns were hiding, playing sally games.
They were kickin' and splashin' while the rain was pourin',
Oh, the sally unicorns!

There was green alligators and long-necked geese,
Noah cried, "Close the door 'cause the rain is just pourin',
And we just cannot wait for no unicorn!"

The ark started moving, and it drifted with the tide,
And the unicorns looked up from the rocks and they cried.
And the waters come down and sort of flooded them away,
That's why you never seen a unicorn to this very day.

But you'll see green alligators and long-necked geese,
Some cats and rats and elephants, but sure as you're born,
You're never gonna see no unicorn!

However I assume you are talking about the Arc in France my dear.

The omen bet for me seeing I have a Postponed mare outside in the paddock will have to be No 2 Postponed. Won the Juddmonte International Stakes easily last start and has a string of wins going into the race.

The danger horse is the Japanese visitor Makahiki who won the Japanese Derby in May and came out and won the Prix Niel. The Japanese are yet to have a winner of the Arc but have finished second on numerous occasions. 

Thank you for your wisdom. :) and poetry

I must tell you, I had to have my beloved Conor put down in April - which was a very sad state of affairs.  

Swore on a stack of Bibles he was to be my last cat  - as I want to do a bit of travelling and decided he didn't deserve to go into a cattery whilst I swanned off about the world. 

That was the end of the penny section but I currently find myself the mother of a ghastly creature named Dubhghall (Gaelic spelling :)  pronounced Dougal)

We were doing a bit of bonding on the couch last weekend and I found myself reciting The Man From Snowy River, I Love A Sunburnt Country,  Teddy Bears Picnic (except I couldn't remember the bloody words) a few lines from Romeo and Juliet and I finished with the 3 witches from Macbeth.

I worry Teddles, whether I should be concerned about reciting poetry and Shakespeare to a cat or the fact the cat seemed to enjoy it. :) 

I thought Postponed looked the one to beat but may have to look at the Order Of St George - seeing he is Aussie owned and Frankie is riding.

10 minutes ago, Irish said:

We were doing a bit of bonding on the couch last weekend and I found myself reciting The Man From Snowy River, I Love A Sunburnt Country,  Teddy Bears Picnic (except I couldn't remember the bloody words) a few lines from Romeo and Juliet and I finished with the 3 witches from Macbeth.

I worry Teddles, whether I should be concerned about reciting poetry and Shakespeare to a cat or the fact the cat seemed to enjoy it. :) 

I would be worried if I was caught reciting poetry to pussy on the couch too Irish. :) I wouldn't like to end up walking like this:

20 hours ago, Irish said:

Didn't your granny tell you Pogo:  if you can't say something  nice, don't say anything.

the only time she got carried away was when she croaked it.

realists 1 pollyannas 0