RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
vanturk1

new h & s laws

No such thing as a accident these days, no matter happens someone has to be accountable, its a sick world we live in, the laws over the top, where will it end, we all have risk in some form, is the racing game anymore dangerous than driving or cycling to work, the road toll is 300 plus a year but we still drive, but its not a work place so its ok.

I was in the stand today and saw  R7 not a good sight from the ambulance droping off a sambuck and them carrying on to the course doc running down the track carrying a box to the horses coming down the straight and and the out come of the race. Why was a protest not lodged. I am gobsmacked . If i had a horse in the race i would have asked the question. 

5 hours ago, puha said:

You can't have rules and laws in for every possible outcome . Its called life you know. 

what a load of rubbish. there was sufficent time in place to have alerted the jockeys of the incident ahead yet there was nothing in place to do that.   it now called life 

Hard case alright...thats probably the company Health and Safety rep above.

Just got f****** out of hand and restrictive...as bad as the doctors stroke of a pen and the power that ink has in it.

Peoples lives and livelihoods are being affected now by these new rules.. 

4 hours ago, porky said:

Hard case alright...thats probably the company Health and Safety rep above.

Just got f****** out of hand and restrictive...as bad as the doctors stroke of a pen and the power that ink has in it.

Peoples lives and livelihoods are being affected now by these new rules.. 

damn right i drive forklifts periodicly and with the rules and regulations surrounding them now just makes you feel like getting off and walking away coz its not worth the crap that goes with it..anything that happens while your driving is automatically your fault

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 0:49 PM, elbow said:

damn right i drive forklifts periodicly and with the rules and regulations surrounding them now just makes you feel like getting off and walking away coz its not worth the crap that goes with it..anything that happens while your driving is automatically your fault

Me too elbow, I know exactly what you mean. Compulsary seatbelts on forklifts! they will bring in air bags next 

1 hour ago, Shad said:

Wonder what will they barr the owners from this time, you can't even go to the stable before the race to see your horse geared up or put the winning polish on.

They will be barred from attending any meeting where they have a horse running. 1. They may injure someone when jumping about and waving their arms at the finish of a race. 2. They may have a heart attack in exactly the same process.

Fark. It is just nanny state lunacy it it's very worst. Kids are now going to grow up as soft as marshmallows, wrapped in cotton wool.  

ted

its not lunacy ,its reality. either accept the change or be left behind. I no of some companies who just seem to pass the buck , yet near miss accidents arnt reported.it a changing society ted,  some of the new pratices put in place by i e. racing clubdms is over the top ,but its only because they are lazy in finding a safe  and  ideal way to go about things. look at sat with danielle, you call that nanny state ? I call that 'a accident waiting to happen' yet who gona stand up and say it could have been prevented?

correct no one!

When I was an apprentice a long time ago for Fletchers, a guy called Poofoot died when he walked of the end of a saw horse. We thought the fumes did him in, as phew you didn't want to be on the same floor as him. 

Recently OSH realizing the danger of saw horses, wanted the trades to put pillows around them in the fall zones but scrubbed that idea when the 'trip hazard was pointed out.

Talking about saw horses the correct height when balancing out the risk of back injury v fall injury is - distance from floor to Anus -10 inches (250mm). Fair Dinkum!

I know an engineering outfit that work around sewage ponds. They have been told they must wear Safety Harness, Life Jackets and Welding Protection gear but there is no advice as to which order they go on. Can you imagine Safety boots tick, leggings tick, life jacket /viz jacket/welding vest tick, welding gloves tick, safety harness tick, Hard hat/ welding helmet tick.

This thread is about horses and H and S. I have added shit and anus (whats the plural please) you may see a connection.

Its just madness...and unless you have a clean bill of health from the doctor these days.., 

No- one will employ you or take the H & S risk and other risks involved in offering you employment.(even work experience)

OK for you to work for yourself...no probs...your paying tax! 

Something needs to change.

If you change the word WORK to SPORT  all will be fine . Professional rugby players both Union and league are injured week in week out but that's fine. You trip over someone's lunchbox on a job site and theirs an inquest. Also in a few weeks you can get pissed as a chook and stumble around dams with loaded shotguns and that's a o k .