RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Winter Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

El Kapitan this might be a little presumptious!! ;)

Well the BIG Day has arrived!!??  CANWEDOOSIT!??     CAUSEWECAN!!  or try.!!

Knock those high flyin  TBirds  and hope by the fourth round they be calling for a Rescue!! (World).!!

I cant paste answers like those pros in here so be lenient with me !!    :)

Edited by Dogzstar1

Race 7 - Caulfield R6

1st - 4 I Am A Star $7.80   

2nd - 15 Leotie Q-$52.70

scr: 8,10,12

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL

4 THE BRONCOS 1256.80

1 THE THUNDERBIRDS 720.80

Leotie could have pulled one back for the T-birds who scored through Cubes & The Cat while Nekky (his 4th in a row), Rob and Bucking Billy climbed aboard for The Broncos who still lead.

325.80 Bucking Billy 

179.00 Lloyd

327.00 Gordy

195.00 Catalano

18.00 Howie

18.00 Moose

272.00 Rob

96.00 Cubes

127.00 Geoff

0.00 Brian

187.00 Nekky

232.80 Heather

PRESIDENTS GRAND FINAL

3 THE PANTHERS 1031.60

2 THE SUNLINERS 962.40

The Sunliners all miss as Alan and Richard take the Panthers aggregate past that of their rivals. No change overall. The Cam v Gruff contest is looking crucial. In the next Gruff has Miss Rose Delago and Jameka. Cam has Jacquinot Bay & Suavito.

288.80 Graeme

18.00 Pam

83.80 Patty Panther

91.60 Ray

153.00 Alan

624.00 Richie

49.00 Gruff

49.00 Cam

163.00 Richard

83.80 Craig

294.00 Mr Gee

96.00 Steve

In the next (bar quinellas):

For The Broncos:

The Cleaner & Suavito (must pay $4.60+) will put them 5-0 up

Mahuta will put them 5-1 up

Miss Rose de Lago & Tall Ship will help their aggregate

For The Thunderbirds:

Jameka (must pay $13.30+) and Jacquinot Bay will cut their deficit to 2-3

Set Square will cut their deficit to 2-4

Lord of the Sky will help their aggregate

For the Panthers:

Miss Rose de Lago will put them 4-2 up

Mahuta & Berisha will help their aggregate

For the Sunliners:

Entirely Platinum will give them the lead.

Jameka, Suavito & Jacquinot Bay will draw them level

Race 8 - Caulfield R7

1st - 14 Miss Rose de Lago $7.80   

2nd - 4 Jacquinot Bay Q-$88.00

scr: 10

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL

4 THE BRONCOS 1568.80

1 THE THUNDERBIRDS 798.80

Moose was the sole Thunderbird on target but so was his opponent Howie while fellow Broncos Bucking Billy (with a BB - what else) and Gordy also found the Oliver winner. No change overall. Thunderbirds better be GO....soon !

481.80 Bucking Billy 

179.00 Lloyd

405.00 Gordy

195.00 Catalano

96.00 Howie

96.00 Moose

272.00 Rob

96.00 Cubes

127.00 Geoff

0.00 Brian

187.00 Nekky

232.80 Heather

PRESIDENTS GRAND FINAL

4 THE PANTHERS 1109.60

2 THE SUNLINERS 1196.40

Pam (with a nice BB) and Steve weigh in for The Sunliners bit Gruff despite being the sole Panther to pounce puts his side further ahead after pulling clear of Cam. The Sunliners aggregate has over taken that of their opponents but they need individual wins.

288.80 Graeme

174.00 Pam

83.80 Patty Panther

91.60 Ray

153.00 Alan

624.00 Richie

127.00 Gruff

49.00 Cam

163.00 Richard

83.80 Craig

294.00 Mr Gee

174.00 Steve

7 minutes ago, Lloyd Vivian said:

Bucking Billy - when you're hot - you're hot!!! :) Well done mate - Betty would be proud of you!

Betty's contribution to the Broncos team was of course immense Lloydy, it's a real shame that she didn't see herself as being able to be there right at the end. Thank you for being such a good sport Lloydy in not insisting that we go for a 'sub' from outside of the competition at the 11th hour. You're a good man. 

Cheers RFT - hey it's a FUN competition right? :) .. no room for egos in my book. :) Just wish I could have tipped a bit better in a Grand Final and stretched your neck a bit. Not my day today it seems. Tried to go a bit wider in my selections than just the favourites but hasn't really come off. I couldn't see Mahuta or Suavito beaten today but they were both very ordinary.

In the next (barring quinellas):

For The Broncos:

Palentino can put them 5-0 up (must pay $4.60+)

Fast 'n' Rocking can put them 5-1 up

For the Thunderbirds:

Gold Symphony can cut their deficit to 2-4

For the Panthers:

Fast 'n' Rocking will increase their lead to 5-1

Truculent & Gold Symphony will help their aggregate

For the Sunliners:

Taddei Tondo will draw them level

Girl Guide will help their aggregate

Race 9 - Caulfield R8

1st - 5 Voodoo Lad $2.80   

2nd - 8 Jungle Edge Q-$29.00

scr: 4,9

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL

4 THE BRONCOS 1652.80

1 THE THUNDERBIRDS 882.80

Cubes (with a BB) and Heather scored for the Thunderbirds with Broncos Geoff, Nekky & Bucking Billy replying. No change overall. In the deadlock Moose has Vostok & Downhearted in the last with opponent Howie on Mr Individual & Prince of Brooklyn.

509.80 Bucking Billy 

179.00 Lloyd

405.00 Gordy

195.00 Catalano

96.00 Howie

96.00 Moose

272.00 Rob

152.00 Cubes

155.00 Geoff

0.00 Brian

215.00 Nekky

260.80 Heather

PRESIDENTS GRAND FINAL

4 THE PANTHERS 1137.60

2 THE SUNLINERS 1224.40

Only Richie for the Sunliners and Richard for the Panthers on the penultimate winner. No change overall. All down to the last.

288.80 Graeme

174.00 Pam

83.80 Patty Panther

91.60 Ray

153.00 Alan

652.00 Richie

127.00 Gruff

49.00 Cam

191.00 Richard

83.80 Craig

294.00 Mr Gee

174.00 Steve

Before the comp started today I made mention of 'Vostok' and referred to 'Vostok' to be a very big result for the Thunderbirds if it gets up in the last.

That assessment still stands, as depending on what 'Vostok' pays it could get the Thunderbirds up to 3-3, though the aggregate that my team-mates have amassed would still see the Broncos home.

I've made these sort of 'off-the-cuff' assessments before and been well wide of the mark, so might be best to take me with a grain of salt.

To win:

The Thunderbirds have a couple of permutations that could force a draw but the Broncos look to have too strong an aggregate in this event. Looks like congrats to Howie's team.

The Sunliners need:

So Does He or Curragh King to win for Pam

OR

Tiny's Legacy to win for Cam

OR

Downhearted to win for Steve

- 4 chances there for the Sunnys to go out winners....

Great effort today Panthers.

Good reward for an interesting season.

I wish  all competitors heaps of luck in the spring comp and will see you in the summer.

Big thanks PJ and John when he scored.

Also hearty congratulations to Howie and the Broncos with a well deserved championship.

Richard ( 14-2 ) :D

Race 10 - Caulfield R9

1st - 8 Prince of Brooklyn $3.10   

2nd - 6 Mr Individual Q-$5.20

scr: 5,10,16,18

CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL

5 THE BRONCOS (Champions)

$1921.80

1 THE THUNDERBIRDS

$955.20

The Broncos had it won before the last but finished in style with all but Match Star Bucking Billy on the final winner with quinellas for Gordy, Howie, Geoff and Nekky while Rob and Gordy doubled up with BBs. The Thunderbirds finished with collects from Heather (quinella) and Catalano. It was unfortunate that the Thunderbirds, for whom Heather was MVP, chose today to have one of their rare off days and must have fancied their chances after defeating their opponents twice in the round robin. A huge congrats to the Broncos and especially to Howie, who finally got the better of Moose in the last, for selecting a top side in the draft

509.80 Bucking Billy 

179.00 Lloyd

487.80 Gordy

226.00 Catalano

137.40 Howie

96.00 Moose

334.00 Rob

152.00 Cubes

196.40 Geoff

0.00 Brian

256.40 Nekky

302.20 Heather

PRESIDENTS GRAND FINAL

5 THE PANTHERS (Presidents Champions) 

$1365.20

1 THE SUNLINERS

$1286.40

The Sunnys had 4 chances to take it out in the last but the best of them - Downhearted - ran out of room at a vital time and the Panthers secured the match with all their side bar Gruff & Mr Gee scoring in the last, while Richard, Alan & Graeme added quinellas and Patty and Alan doubled up with BBs. The final pair of collects for the Sunliners came from Craig and Man of the Match Richie who posted a huge score in race 1. Patty got up to edge Ray in the last to extend the margin of the Panthers win. Graeme edged Mr Gee in the last for Panther MVP honours. The Panthers were unlucky to not make the Championship Finals and vindicated their previous good form with a Grand Final win today. The Sunliners were valiant as ever and gave them a real fight to the last. Thanks everyone.

330.20 Graeme

174.00 Pam

116.80 Patty Panther

91.60 Ray

235.80 Alan

683.00 Richie

127.00 Gruff

49.00 Cam

235.40 Richard

114.80 Craig

294.00 Mr Gee

174.00 Steve

Well Team we said WECANDOOSIT!?? and WEDIDOOSIT!

started early winter at the BOTTOM worked our way to the TOP!

and never looked back and we ended up in a BLAZE O'GLORY!

incidentally EL Kapitan those 5xgallon containers of sugar mixed wiht jet fuel well and truly scarpered those pesky T/Birds!!ssh! :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Looking forward to Spring Comp ...Many thanks P.J for another enthralling /entertaining comp!!

STATS

Best Scores
683.00 Richie 

509.80 Bucking Billy

487.80 Gordy

Worst Scores 

91.60 Ray

49.00 Cam

0.00 Brian

Most Wins

6 Nekky

6 Bucking Billy

Most quinellas

2 Heather

2 Graeme

2 Alan

2 Gordy

2 Bucking Billy

Biggest Winning Margin
683.00 Richie

235.80 Alan

Narrowest Winning Margin

137.40 Howie

96.00 Moose

Highest Losing Score

256.40 Nekky

Lowest Winning Score
127.00 Gruff

We've done it, team, and managed to finish it off in style with a big result in R10 !

First of all, thanks to the Thunderbirds' Cubesmeister, Heather, Lloydy, Brian, Moosey, & Catalano. You have been a top team in this winter competition and congratulations on being such worthy Grand Finalists. Come the Spring comp and you could definitely go all the way and bring home that Gold (sorry, can't get the Olympics out of my mind). I was especially impressed with your good sportsmanship in not insisting that we bring in a sub from outside the comp for the departed Betty. The logistics of having to explain what to do and what races to do it in would have been just too much for me at the 11th hour what with everything else going on ! 

To my team-mates, great effort over the past 3 months or so and well done for all holding your nerve today in "the big one." Geoff you were my first pick and you never flinched, an outstanding record over the 3 months. Nekky you had 6 winners today I think it was, you are a champion. Rob you have been an inspiration over the past several weeks just as you have been in many past comps; Gordy you've been a sensation through this comp and really set the tone for us today with your 29-1 shot winning in R1. And of course it didn't stop there, you carried on winning all day ! And thanks also to Betty who was arguably ( with due respect to Richard 14-2 :) and Cubesmeister) the top selector in the competition and played such a significant role in getting us to the Grand Final today.

Most of all, thanks to of course PJ and also very much to John too, they have been absolutely brilliant in giving is such an enjoyable competition, statistics, and commentary through the past 3 months. You guys are the best. Seriously...you are the best. Thanks also to all participants in the competition for making it the success it was, the first PJ competition with teams selected by draft. To those who are departing such as Richard, and those who have departed, I'm sure everyone joins with me in thanking you for your contribution and hoping that your absence will be a short one.

I'm away now to savour the moment.

Cheers to you all.

Howie  

HUGE thanks PJ for all your effort in making these comps so enjoyable: it is really appreciated by everyone involved.

And a big thanks to Captain Cubes and my team-mates for an awesome effort. Fell at last but were right in the firing line all the way through the comp.

Roll on the Spring Comp!! :) 

Thanks to everyone for taking part and making it so much fun.

I am going to do a back-flip now and change the format of the Spring Comp back to the "old" regional teams. When I held the poll I had forgotten that I had promised to do this after completion of the Winter Comp so I need to keep to my original word. There will be a week off next weekend and I will call for teams for the Spring Comp (beginning August 27) starting tomorrow. Thanks again everyone. 

Cheers

PJ