RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Winter Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

Race 9 - Caulfield R7

1st - 4 Lord of the Sky $8.20
2nd - 3 Fast & Rocking Q: $11.10

Scr: 2,8

Warriors vs Broncos
2 WARRIORS 997.6
4 BRONCOS 1058.2

Crucible and John (BB) score for the Warriors and John passes Geoff, however Betty (Q) replies for the Broncos and passes Sylvia. Broncos still lead 4-2.

$319.00 Crucible
$127.00 Nekky

$122.80 PJ
$159.00 Howie

$113.00 Pete
$164.40 Gordy

$98.80 Sylvia
$158.20 Betty

$242.00 John
$116.60 Geoff

$102.00 Punter Pete
$333.00 Rob

Thunderbirds vs Renegades
3 THUNDERBIRDS 943.8
2 RENEGADES 588.2

Brian closes the gap on Maurice and Moose extends his lead further. No change in the match score but Birds aggregate looking good.

$136.00 Brian
$210.00 Maurice

$427.00 Moose
$0.00 Wrinkles

$105.00 Catalano
$105.00 Kay

$146.80 Cubes
$141.20 Rees

$78.00 Heather
$54.00 Sarah

$51.00 Lloyd
$78.00 Mark

Sunliners vs Reapers
4 SUNLINERS 1057
2 REAPERS 787

Big change in this scoreline. Richie breaks the tie in his match and Ray passes VS to give the Sunliners a 4-2 lead. Could the Reapers be the first team relegated?

$187.00 Richie
$105.00 Sir Galivant

$0.00 Cam
$59.00 Ian

$254.80 Steve
$160.00 Steve P

$165.20 Craig
$194.00 Hesi

$180.00 Pam
$27.00 Viceroy

$270.00 Ray
$242.00 VS

Heat vs Panthers
2 HEAT 662.2
3 PANTHERS 630.4

One winner for each team. Sharne extends her lead over Mr Gee while Gruff puts a bit of distance between himself and Maria. Three players still to break their duck.

$315.20 Sharne
$0.00 Mr Gee

$54.00 Casper
$164.00 Richard

$191.00 Sir Castleton
$303.40 Graeme

$0.00 Jenlove
$0.00 Rosina

$24.00 Maria
$109.00 Gruff

$78.00 Jack
$54.00 Alan

Seems that Warriors chances rest with the John O'Shea runner 'Kinshachi' in the final race of the Comp today.

Good news for the Warriors is, it's found a jockey, after none being listed for most of the week.

If 'Kinshachi' gets up from it's nice draw`of barrier 2 then PJ will triumph over a shattered Howie, and Sylvia will wrest back the lead over Betty - makig it 4-2 to the Warriors.

A very exciting finish, as I always knew it would be.

'Kinshachi' ...you pace yourself ...there's always next week, don't wear yourself out today. :D

3 minutes ago, Right first time said:

Seems that Warriors chances rest with the John O'Shea runner 'Kinshachi' in the final race of the Comp today.

Good news for the Warriors is, it's found a jockey, after none being listed for most of the week.

If 'Kinshachi' gets up from it's nice draw`of barrier 2 then PJ will triumph over a shattered Howie, and Sylvia will wrest back the lead over Betty - makig it 4-2 to the Warriors.

A very exciting finish, as I always knew it would be.

'Kinshachi' ...you pace yourself ...there's always next week, don't wear yourself out today. :D

Warriors would also prevail if PJ's roughie (Makatiti) were to win, or if by some miracle Prince of Brooklyn drifted to $6 and won.

Birds vs Renegades 

Cubes & Rees have same selections so Cubes has won that one - if only Rees had picked an Ozzie best bet perhaps.  Wall St Wolf would break the tied match in Kay's favour but Birds would still win on aggregate.  Peter's roughie would also win Sarah her match, but Lloyd would pass Mark at the same time so doesn't help the Renegades.

Renegades only chance appears to be the longshot maiden (Flake & Chips) winning for Wrinkles - what a way that would be to break your duck!!

1 minute ago, N1MUE said:

Warriors would also prevail if PJ's roughie (Makatiti) were to win, or if by some miracle Prince of Brooklyn drifted to $6 and won.

Birds vs Renegades 

Cubes & Rees have same selections so Cubes has won that one - if only Rees had picked an Ozzie best bet perhaps.  Wall St Wolf would break the tied match in Kay's favour but Birds would still win on aggregate.  Peter's roughie would also win Sarah her match, but Lloyd would pass Mark at the same time so doesn't help the Renegades.

Renegades only chance appears to be the longshot maiden (Flake & Chips) winning for Wrinkles - what a way that would be to break your duck!!

Yes absolutely John...'Makatiti' for PJ would see the Warriors equalise at 3-3 and take the match out on aggregate dollars.

Could it be any more exciting ! :)

Kinshachi hit the front 200m out to the roar of the Warriors (and the Heat), and I'm guessing Howie had a sinking feeling, however Kinshachi just came to the end of it and the Broncos prevail.

What a great finish and congrats to Howie and the Broncos for a great win!  Hope that dreaded week off doesn't come back to haunt you.

Good effort team Warriors - oh so close and live to fight another week.

48 minutes ago, von Smallhaussen said:

you think you gotta problem - i'm playing rippin Rayzor who has 6 out of 8 so far today! :angry:

sorry I got that wrong - try 7 out of 9 

well done Ray I have never been at that level ;)

Thank you for the opportunity PJ and thanks to others that have scored when needed

All the best to those remaining - it has been fun 

Phew ....that was close ....'Kinshachi' was given a gorgeous trip and loomed to win at the 200m mark - the Warriors' saviour looked like it was at hand.

But then along came 'Divine Mr Artie'  you wonderful little horse ! :)

Congratulations to my Broncos' team-mates, whose continued top form has seen us through to the Grand` Final.

Rob has been brilliant this back half of the comp, Gordy powered home today once we reached the Aussie races, Betty found the line nicely again once we reached the Aussie races, and Geoff was in front for most of his match until John kicked in to gear with a good win. Nekky is readying himself for the Grand Final in a fortnight where he is sure to go a big race. 

Thanks to John and his Warriors team for a very close and exciting match. We got the bob in, but you took us right to the wire. You are a top team, and we fully expect to see you in the Grand Final with us in a fortnight's time.

Mreanwhile we Broncos ...we'll rest. :)

Thanks for another great PJ Super Comp day of racing, PJ.

Race 10 - Caulfield R8

1st - 3 Divine Mr Artie $9.20
2nd - 2 Prince of Brooklyn Q: $17.40

Scr: 1,8,12,18

Warriors vs Broncos
2 WARRIORS 1308.4
4 BRONCOS 1426.2

Best bet wins for Betty & Gordy seal the win for Broncos and Gordy takes player of the day honours for the Broncos. Crucible with his 6th winner in the last takes MOTM honours but not enough to get the Warriors home. Congrats to the Broncos who go straight through to the Final.

$445.80 Crucible
$127.00 Nekky

$122.80 PJ
$159.00 Howie

$113.00 Pete
$348.40 Gordy

$98.80 Sylvia
$342.20 Betty

$334.00 John
$116.60 Geoff

$194.00 Punter Pete
$333.00 Rob

Thunderbirds vs Renegades
4 THUNDERBIRDS 1070.6
2 RENEGADES 680.2

Only opponents Cat & Kay on the winner, but Cat with the quinella breaks the tie in their match and Birds win 4-2 to progress to a semi-final against the Warriors. Renegades kept this match close the whole way but are unfortunately eliminated. Mose takes MOTM honours while Maurice top scored for the Renegades.

$136.00 Brian
$210.00 Maurice

$427.00 Moose
$0.00 Wrinkles

$231.80 Catalano
$197.00 Kay

$146.80 Cubes
$141.20 Rees

$78.00 Heather
$54.00 Sarah

$51.00 Lloyd
$78.00 Mark

Heat vs Panthers
1 HEAT 754.2
5 PANTHERS 998.4

Rosina wins the scoreless tussle with Jenlove on countback (she had the runner-up in the last). Best bets to Alan and Graeme round out a good win for the Panthers, with the latter MOTM with 6 winners - there's that first draft pick form - just a little too late. Sharne was player of the day for the Heat who will play next week in the semi-final against the Sunliners. Panthers straight through to the B final and a week off next week.

$315.20 Sharne
$0.00 Mr Gee

$146.00 Casper
$164.00 Richard

$191.00 Sir Castleton
$487.40 Graeme

$0.00 Jenlove
$0.00 Rosina**

$24.00 Maria
$109.00 Gruff

$78.00 Jack
$238.00 Alan

Sunliners vs Reapers
4 SUNLINERS 1494.6
2 REAPERS 1408.6

This match went crazy in the last race with five best bet winners (2 of them with the quinella). Sunliners hold on to win 4-2 with their captain Ray leading from the front with a stellar performance - watch out the Heat next week. Hesi finishes with a bang for the relegated Reapers. Can't say I'll miss the skeletons. And quite fitting that Steve P finished with another cracking score and got beat again - mate what have you done to upset the racing gods?

$187.00 Richie
$105.00 Sir Galivant

$0.00 Cam
$243.00 Ian

$438.80 Steve
$344.00 Steve P

$165.20 Craig
$447.60 Hesi

$180.00 Pam
$27.00 Viceroy

$523.60 Ray
$242.00 VS

Peter asked me to post the stats.  He will take care of draw for next week.

Best Scores

Ray 523.6
Graeme 487.4
Hesi 447.6
Crucible 445.8
Steve 438.8

Worst Scores (5 duck eggs, but admittedly only 9 races)

Wrinkles 0
Cam 0
Mr Gee 0
Jenlove 0
Rosina 0

Most Wins

Ray 7
Graeme 6
Crucible 6

Most quinellas

Hesi 2
Sharne 2
Nekky  2

Biggest Winning Margin

Moose 427.00
Wrinkles 0.00

Narrowest Winning Margin  (someone asked if we'd had a Nil-Nil draw before)

Jenlove 0.00
Rosina 0.00

Highest Losing Score

Do I even need to post it? - pretty sure you can guess.

Lowest Winning Score

Rosina 0.00

Just got in from a big day shifting my daughter & Son-in-law to discover I've missed out on a heap of stress and tension!!!! Abandoned meeting, woeful picking on my part, not helped by Caulfield being upgraded to a good when I did all my picks for a soft track :(:( - ending with 2 from 9 races, $50 in the bin, came 2nd, - BUT the mighty Thunderbirds still prevailed!!!! :) A man's gotta be happy after all that...well done Memphis...game honours to you today, but match honours to us so that sort of evens it up! :)

Thanks team - I won't study anywhere near so much next week!! Always go better when I don't overthink it!! :)

Congratulations TBIRDS, too good on the day, go well in the Finals.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my Teammates for getting us this far. Top effort guys and girls, been a pleasure being part of this fun comp with you all.

Sarah give PJ a big hug for me for his efforts :)

RENEGADES  Over and out.

Well fought Renegades. We had (well a couple of us were tryhards. ) to play a hard game today. You were most worthy opponents.

Thank you Globe Derby for your gracious wishes. Look forward to our match ups next comp.

Sarah, we are now even, but I acknowledge some sense of fear when the mighty PJ pits us together!

Hope you'll forgive the worst atrocious winter's weather you've headed into.

Beaut effort today Heat, and Sid ran so close for us Sharne! what a lovely boy he is .. down to the last race for an outcome :) ... apologies.. I was out property hunting today.. I think I should have been winner hunting  :)  On to next week against the Sunliners - study up ;) .. but for all those that have left us... the Renegades and my luvly jubly Reapers - since you were throwing those streamers from the boat VS  (my fave racehorse Streama :) )   here is a song for both teams  :wub:

1 minute ago, Chestnut said:

HURRICANES !!! 

Outstanding!!  

I thought last year was the best chance they'd have at a title, but looking good to go one better this year.

Barrett, Savea (Ardie), Coles, Perenara (and throw in Milner-Skudder next year) - could be starting a dynasty here ;)