RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Winter Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

30 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

Sorry Heather - I missed that.  When I entered your picks I thought you had omitted an Oz best bet, but when I look at your post now, it is there.  Either I'm going mad or you edited your post and I didn't pick it up.

Peter - Heather's score should be $23 higher.

All good John. Fantastic job by you. Thanks

Yay finally its on Doggies take on Gold Coast Suns   on DUKE TV ..Gonna be tuff without Libber after last weeks bruising tackle!!

Now to settle down and watch a good game ..Doggies by 9 !! :ph34r:

In 13 rounds the Reapers have had $20,996 scored against them - that's an average of $1,615 per match, ie. a profit put up against them on average every week.

The next highest score against a single team is $18,463.  That's a difference of $195 per match.

Hesi, Steve P and Ian (all Reapers) are the three individuals with the most points scored against.

Perhaps those skeletons videos and memes have encouraged a few of us to try a bit harder against the Reapers.

puff puff wheeze wheeze ....... long day hanging onto cubsey's trousers round down his ankles so he culdn't score ..... another challenge we came so close to winning this is getting monononotonous.

Congrats ops .  grim-reaper-7.jpg

3 hours ago, hesi said:

Well played Lloydie boy, too good for me today.

Thanks International Rescue, tightly contested battle, I understand that the skip may not be reading this, an underwear issue or something of the like:D

Well played Reapers, I think I should petition PJ for a recount.

We beat the top team last week and drew with the second team this week, yet we are nearer to the bottom than the top:)

Cheers Hesi - a tough match today. Yes, it appears our marvelous Captain Cubes indeed suffered a rare 'wardrobe malfunction' today, but at 11/2 we've resolved to never mention it outside the dressing room again. I shudder to think what this will mean for his hapless opponent next week.... Well done Thunderbirds! How's that Heather aye???!!! 8 winners!! :)

55 minutes ago, Lloyd Vivian said:

Cheers Hesi - a tough match today. Yes, it appears our marvelous Captain Cubes indeed suffered a rare 'wardrobe malfunction' today, but at 11/2 we've resolved to never mention it outside the dressing room again. I shudder to think what this will mean for his hapless opponent next week.... Well done Thunderbirds! How's that Heather aye???!!! 8 winners!! :)

When Captain Cubes is in bothered times, the Team kicks in, Thunders on, and happy to do so.

That's a GREAT Team chaps.

Well done Birdies.

10 hours ago, N1MUE said:

In 13 rounds the Reapers have had $20,996 scored against them - that's an average of $1,615 per match, ie. a profit put up against them on average every week.

The next highest score against a single team is $18,463.  That's a difference of $195 per match.

Hesi, Steve P and Ian (all Reapers) are the three individuals with the most points scored against.

Perhaps those skeletons videos and memes have encouraged a few of us to try a bit harder against the Reapers.

PJ - with Johns observation in mind are we able to change our team name for the 'plate final' round ....

how about ' The heavenly Angels' ? ;)

Angel-angels-18057631-345-500.jpg

12 hours ago, hesi said:

Luck

Pity the poor Panthers, highest aggregate yet may not make the top four

That should be "wont" make the top four.

RENEGADES  are on the WARPATH after having points ripped from their grasp in the last.

The Panthers will feel the full force of our pissedoffedness:wacko:

If not ,Von. keep the kettle on for us will you and the gate unlocked.

17 hours ago, Dogzstar1 said:

Yay finally its on Doggies take on Gold Coast Suns   on DUKE TV ..Gonna be tuff without Libber after last weeks bruising tackle!!

Now to settle down and watch a good game ..Doggies by 9 !! :ph34r:

You guys are upto third now. Good one. Hope you can stay there. Top four would be a great finish . Just have to fend off Cats Gws and Eagles 

should beat the Saints next week 

An interesting look back at the draft order, with the benefit of 13 rounds of hindsight:

Howie easily got the best of the first two rounds of the draft.  Sharne (for Maria) the standout in the 3rd round.  The Warriors just edged the 4th round with Pete, and Cubes got the best of the final round with perhaps the bargain buy of the entire draft.

Draft                 Win               Loss
1 Graeme 5 8
2 Steve 3 10
3 Kay 7 6
4 Casper 8 5
5 Crucible 8 5
6 Geoff 10 3
7 VS 5 8
8 Catalano 5 8
9 Moose 7 6
10 Ian 5 8
11 Betty 9 4
12 PJ 8 5
13 Sir Castleton 4 9
14 Maurice 4 9
15 Cam 5 8
16 Gruff 4 9
17 Alan 7 6
18 Craig 7 6
19 Sarah 8 5
20 Sharne 10 3
21 Punter Pete 5 8
22 Nekky 7 6
23 Steve P 5 8
24 Brian 8 5
25 Lloyd 6 7
26 Viceroy 5 8
27 Gordy 5 8
28 Pete 8 5
29 Jack 6 7
30 Mark 5 8
31 Pam 4 9
32 Rosina 7 6
33 Heather 9 4
34 Sylvia 7 6
35 Rob 7 6
36 Wrinkles 7 6
37 Richie 6 7
38 Sir Galivant 6 7
39 Mr Gee 5 8
40 Jenlove 5 8

C Richard 11 2
C Cubes 11 2
C Rees 8 5
C Howie 8 5
C John 7 6
C Maria 6 7
C Ray 5 8
C Hesi 4 9

Who cares for stats, and wether we make up the mentionable parts. I love my Team:wub:, am proud of their efforts and ( I think I'm gonna cry) , hope they pull up their bloody socks and knock the Panthers nxt week. :angry:

Go the RENEGADES.

PS. For all teams and players, I would like to say that Peter Jenkins has created a most memorable and fun competition this time round. it has been full of some real characters and banter. VS for his skeletons, Nimue for his stats, Howie the ever present BLUE, Hesi, Chestnut, Rayzor, etc, and not forgetting those a bit less demonstrative who also contribute to a great online "fun" competition.  Well done all.

Another very interesting set of stats from you, John. Thank you.

You're absolutely right, the Broncos have done very, very well out of their first two draftees Geoff and Betty, both in terms of their win/loss record and also dollars accumulated. I recall in the days leading up to the draw for team-members Geoff saying to me not to feel obligated to select him as first draftee as his form on the most recent 'Mighty Blues' campaign had been only average and that he thought there were several better-credentialled candidates for me to go to as my first selection. As it transpires Geoff has turned out to be the perfect selection as first draftee with 10 wins from his 13 matches, so I'm very glad I got that one right !

There's been great backup for Geoff and Betty from Gordy, Nekky & Rob, chiming in at regular intervals with good wins to keep The Broncos at the top of the tree. These guys have the knack of getting late winners (Races 9 & 10) to allow us Broncos to sneak through to victory in closely-contested matchups. A great bunch of team-mates.  

Cubatorily speaking , Thunderbirds easily got the bestest picks in the draft .

For those 1- dimensional pseudo professional stat analysts out there.... (you know who you are ((:ph34r:)))....here are 4 salient facts :

#1 We got a bona fide famous secret undercover agent (the glamorous Lady Penelope)in the LAST draft round !!!!.....who has gone 9-4 and we are pretty freaking sure got robbed of some victory by some femme (Red-head ?)in a prior round by a nose by a roughie in the last......anywhoo.....

#2 The selection committee at Cube Central didn't pick members of the mighty , mighty International Rescue for round-robinness....oh nonono....this top 4 thunderbolt squad is picked for depth for a deep playoff run .

#3 Cubity has never been in a top tier finals team before .The Cubcalendar would seem to indicate this is Cubemeister's 4th PJ comp and the terribly unfortunate Highlanders and the 2 incarnations of the dangerous Barbarians (who made a couple of real nice play-off runs(love you guys.....you know Cubes picked no former teammates in the MMT (Mighty , Mighty Thunderbirds))) never achieved top-flight statusness

#4 We learn , we grow .   Cubes is an ardent Geelong Cats supporter who was at the MCG at the Grand Final when whatshisname kicked 9-1 in a glorious effort versus Hawthorn . And we still have a 500 piece Gary Ablett jigsaw puzzle . And PJ is a Cats fan and Cubity feels we bonded in some way even though we never met .

#5 Sorry teammates . First ever bagel last week . Now we know how Von feels .

#6 Catalano = Thunderbird 1 = Scott , Mooseman = Thunderbird 2 = Virgil , Brian/Kundmeister = Thunderbird 3 = Alan , Lloydinator = Thunderbird 4(Are we really all living in a yellow submarine ?) = Gordon......International Rescue picks #2 through to #5.....now is your chance to shine.....

On 7/17/2016 at 7:18 PM, globederby12 said:

Who cares for stats, and wether we make up the mentionable parts. I love my Team:wub:, am proud of their efforts and ( I think I'm gonna cry) , hope they pull up their bloody socks and knock the Panthers nxt week. :angry:

Go the RENEGADES.

PS. For all teams and players, I would like to say that Peter Jenkins has created a most memorable and fun competition this time round. it has been full of some real characters and banter. VS for his skeletons, Nimue for his stats, Howie the ever present BLUE, Hesi, Chestnut, Rayzor, etc, and not forgetting those a bit less demonstrative who also contribute to a great online "fun" competition.  Well done all.

NIM1UE, your stats are always wonderful to read and view.  But, it is always what a team brings to the competition in their next Racecafe Racetrack Tipping Competition  match up/outing.

Renegades, the time has come for us all to step up as a team this week. Against , a consistent opponent in the  Panthers. This week, our tipping season is on the line for a finals play off placement. Are, the Renegades up for it ? We as a Team have been challenged many, many  times already this Racecafe Tipping Season and produced when needed.

Go Renegades !

On 7/19/2016 at 10:24 PM, Cubes said:

#1 We got a bona fide famous secret undercover agent (the glamorous Lady Penelope)in the LAST draft round !!!!.....who has gone 9-4 and we are pretty freaking sure got robbed of some victory by some femme (Red-head ?)in a prior round by a nose by a roughie in the last......anywhoo.....

Deary me.. you say that like it's a bad thing!! :) ...Embrace the red headed femme movement Cubes ..  rejoice :) .. showing squarish tendancies ;)  :D

Sir Castleton (4/9-1941.60) v Brian (8/5-2709.00)
1 – 3 & 5
2 – 1 & 10
3 – 7 & 9
4 – 7 & 8
5 – 5 & 11 (BB)
6 – 1 & 3
7 – 14 & 16
8 – 8 & 13
9 – 2 & 4
10 – 3 & 12 (BB)

ALTERNATIVE NZ MEETING
1 – 4 & 7
2 – 1 & 9
3 – 4 & 7
5 – 2 & 5
6 – 3 & 10 (BB)

Jenlove (5/8-3075.80) v Cubes (11/2-3128.40)
1 – 8 & 13 
2 – 1 & 13
3 – 4 & 5
4 – 6 & 9
5 – 4 & 12 (best bet)
6 – 6 & 10
7 – 14 & 16
8 – 1 & 10
9 – 7 & 8
10 – 2 & 14 (BB)

ALTERNATIVE NZ MEETING
1 – 2 & 3