RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Winter Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

17 minutes ago, Chestnut said:

Okay Howie.. sorry just trying to add some fun into it for folk.. but sure... :)

And you've done a brilliant job, Maria. Not sure what you're apologizing for and I certainly wasn't trying to correct you, I was just telling my team not to panic as the Reapers had a big battle in front of them. Thanks again for your efforts today, Maria.

Wow - that was close....I had my hand on the belt buckle expecting the 'downtrou' ....but managed to avoid the duck.However, true to form. Mr Gee managed to nose me out of the quinella....[ I had the 2nd horse as my sub too :) ]

Congratulations Mr Gee - an awesome effort. Dunno how you pick 'em - but good on you. Sorry Team - all round them today but no joy till the last. Onwards and upwards next week!

Race 10 - Morphetville R7

1st - 3 Black Heart Bart $2.80
2nd - 11 Under The Louvre Q: $6.10

Sunliners vs Renegades
1 SUNLINERS 485.4
5 RENEGADES 1123.4

Maurice on the winner in the last to take his neck & neck battle and give the Renegades a 5-1 win and 3 points. Wrinkles takes Man of the Match honours.

$215.20 Cam
$98.00 Sarah

$116.00 Steve
$367.80 Wrinkles

$0.00 Ray
$158.60 Kay

$21.00 Pam
$49.00 Maurice

$133.20 Richie
$367.00 Mark

$0.00 Craig
$83.00 Rees

Panthers vs Thunderbirds
3 PANTHERS 1596.2
3 THUNDERBIRDS 868

Couldn't split the tie in the last but Panthers earned enough for a profit bonus and they end up with the higher aggregate thanks to MOTM Mr Gee.

$0.00 Graeme
$49.00 Cubes

$264.20 Rosina
$315.00 Catalano

$155.60 Richard
$77.00 Heather

$140.40 Gruff
$62.00 Moose

$751.00 Mr Gee
$28.00 Lloyd

$285.00 Alan
$337.00 Brian

Winter Trans-Tasman Super Comp : Round 5 : 21 May 2016

Race 10 Comp: Morphettville R7

1st:   3 Black Heart Bart  $2.80

Quinella:   with 11 Under the Louvre  $6.10

Scr:  5,10

Sub:   3 Black Heart Bart

2  Heat      $1,159.20            

4  Warriors  $884.00            

PJ, TC, Sylvia and John found the winning fave in the last of the day to pull the Warriors through for a well earnt 4-2 win over the Heat.  Sharne was the only Heat member to find the winner in what was an up and down day for the Heat who managed to secure 1 point for a higher aggregate.   Well done to Jenlove MVP for the Heat and for being the top player in the match, and to Cap'n John who was the MVP for the winning Warriors.

$550.00  Jenlove              

$70.00     Punter Pete    

Casper  $249.80

$21.00     Pete   

$21.00     Jack     

$166.00  PJ         

$212.40  Maria  

$236.00  The Crucible    

$0.00       Sir C    

$105.00  Sylvia  

$126.00  Sharne               

$286.00  John                    

5  Broncos  (J2)    $1,122.40

1  Reapers               $480.00

Nekky and Geoff found the winner in the last for the Broncos, well and truly securing their win over the Reapers.   Ian and Sir G came home strong with two winning BBs for the Reapers but the margin was too much to overcome.    Well done to Howie who was MVP for the Broncos and the Match and congrats also to Sir G MVP for the Reapers. 

$470.00  Howie

$49.00     Viceroy

$121.00  Betty

$59.00     VS

$184.00  Nekky

$77.00     Ian

$206.20  Rob

$157.00  Sir Gallivant

$0.00       Gordy

$80.00     Hesi

$141.20  Geoff

$58.00     Steve P

I'll send the sheet through to PJ so if you have any queries I'm sure he can sort them for you :)

Have a good week all.

Ciao :)

Boy oh boy, that was hard work. Commiserations Sunliners,but we needed those points,even if the margins were small and close.

You met another dark horse in Wrinkles, Bro, he is showing some very good consistent picking. My intuition paid off,along with Sarah whom we will forgive for having an unusual day off. Maurice ,well done mate and Memphis and Kay. We have the makings of a top 4 team.

3 points, yyyeeeehhaaaaa

Table after Round 5

1st 14.5 The Broncos^ $7580.40

2nd 11.5 The Thunderbirds $7560.80

3rd 9 The Panthers $7322.80

4th 9 The Grim Reapers* $7281.60

5th 9 The Renegades* $6836.00

6th 8 The Sunliners^ $6225.60

7th 6 The Warriors^ $5744.40

8th 5.5 The Heat^ $6438.40

* J1 Joker played

^ J2 Joker played

A narrow defeat for The Thunderbirds cost them the table lead slipping to 2nd as the Joker-fuelled Broncos powered their way to the top with a victory over the Reapers who lost two slots in defeat. The Panthers, who passed them made up two places with a narrow win on aggregate. A win for the Renegades gained them a spot, likewise for the Warriors who crept out of the cellar with their victims - The Heat - taking their place. The Sunliners lack-lustre effort saw them lose two places to slip into the bottom half of the table. The Thunderbirds and Panthers are looking good nestling in the top 3 with both Jokers up their sleeves.

STATS

Best Scores
751.00 Mr Gee 

550.00 Jenlove

470.00 Howie 

367.80 Wrinkles

367.00 Mark

Worst Scores 

0.00 Sir Castleton

0.00 Graeme

0.00 Ray

0.00 Craig

0.00 Gordy

Most Wins

6 Mark

5 Brian 

5 The Crucible

5 John

Most quinellas

2 Gruff

2 Brian

2 Mark

Biggest Winning Margin
751.00 Mr Gee

28.00 Lloyd

Narrowest Winning Margin

236.00 The Crucible

212.40 Maria

Highest Losing Score

285.00 Alan

Lowest Winning Score
49.00 Cubes (again !) & Maurice

Ray, it was a good tipping match up with you  today. Bit of luck in the one race with the Quinella got myself over the line.

Wonderful, to see the Team Renegades folks return to the winners stall after last week.

Captain Rees, well done on your win :).  Thanks Chestnut and N1MUE for your informative summaries. Catch you next Saturday on the Race Cafe Turf.

Thanks for the close match today Heat.  Thought we were looking good heading to Australia but we only just snuck a win in the last.

Nice work team - long way to go but we're out of the cellar and you have to start somewhere.  On a positive note the two teams we still have to play in round 1 of the round robin (Reapers and Sunliners) both put up some numbers like we've put up in earlier rounds, so hopefully a couple more wins to close out round 1.

Joker 1 against the Reapers perhaps??

A huge thanks to John and Maria for their efforts today !

Round 6 Draw - Sat May 28th

Meetings will be Ellerslie, Trentham & Doomben 

THE SUNLINERS (6th) vs THE BRONCOS (1st) 

Pam v Rob

Richie v Howie

Cam v Gordy

Ray v Betty

Steve v Geoff

Craig v Nekky

THE PANTHERS  (3rd) vs THE RENEGADES (5th) 

Mr Gee v Wrinkles 

Graeme v Maurice

Gruff v Sarah

Rosina v Rees

Richard v Kay

Alan v Mark

THE HEAT  (8th) vs THE THUNDERBIRDS (2nd) 

Jenlove v Lloyd

Maria v Heather

Casper v Brian

Jack v Cubes

Sharne v Catalano

Sir Castleton v Moose

THE WARRIORS (7th) vs THE GRIM REAPERS (4th) 

PJ v Steve P 

Sylvia v Hesi

Pete v Von Smallhausen

The Crucible v Viceroy

John v Sir Gallivant

Punter Pete v Ian 

1 hour ago, Lloyd Vivian said:

Wow - that was close....I had my hand on the belt buckle expecting the 'downtrou' ....but managed to avoid the duck.However, true to form. Mr Gee managed to nose me out of the quinella....[ I had the 2nd horse as my sub too :) ]

Congratulations Mr Gee - an awesome effort. Dunno how you pick 'em - but good on you. Sorry Team - all round them today but no joy till the last. Onwards and upwards next week!

I'd back you to beat him in a fishing comp Lloydie;)

1 hour ago, Brown Fox said:

Long overdue downtrou here:( Only way from here must be up:o

Come and join us in the cellar for a week Graeme.. you can eat, drink and be merry ... worked wonders for the Warriors and us the time before last :)  I can only guarantee it for the week following your incarceration though.. after that it seems to wear off :)  

2 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Fecking hard day at the office. When our STAR Sarah struggles one knows it has been an awkward day. Wrinkles you beauty ,very consistant.

Bring it home guys.

Sorry Team Renegade for my abysmal performance today - I think I may have to scrutinise the runner of this comp... I'm sure he got my score wrong! on the bright side, I only picked two winners today and both were my BB's so It could have been worse ! Oh well onwards and upwards, off to the races in Muswellbrook tomorrow as PJ is presenting trophies on behalf of Arrowfield  so I promise to put in some serious form study :)

Well done fellow Broncos Betty, Nekky, Gordy, Rob, and Geoff.

After 2 rounds of this comp we were 8th of 8 and fading - gleefully labeled the 'cellar-dwellers' by rival teams  ...yet 3 rounds later here we are 1st of 8 and travelling well with a nice cushion in front of the second team. Just goes to show that anything can happen in this comp, and no-one can ever be counted out. There's gonna be many more twists and turns before this comp is through.

Broncos ...the team to beat and looking good, even at this early stage, to take out this Competition. Though no doubt other teams will have a somewhat different viewpoint.  I notice we've still got to play the pre-post favourites the Panthers in round 1 ...and after an indifferent start like us they appear to be on the rise. That one's gonna be a great matchup.

Thanks for the match today Hesi and the Reapers, not your best day but I'm sure you'll bounce back quickly.

And of course thanks today to Maria and John for their sterling performance with the scoring and with the commentary.

So there it is, rival teams, . . . come get us ....if you think you can. :D

As Cubity sits at Cube Central sipping our gumboot tea  , we wonder how all those soy-free , no-gluten , trim milk latte-sipping Aucklanders and Sydneysiders (excluding any that may be Thunderbirds naturally) are planning to spend their day .

For surely judging by some posters here....their day must belong to the continuation of their attendance at Comedy School...seemingly repeating "Delusional Thinking 101"

For as surely as 2 Cubed is 16 , here are some 4 factoids for non-Thunderbirds to consider as they sit through "Clown Training 302 (Half Unit))"

Thunderbirds are the only unbeaten team......check

Scott (Catalano) , Virgil (Mooseman) , Alan (Brian) , Gordon (Lloyd) and Lady Penelope (Heather)...great draft picks....check

Captain Cubemeister has earned a total of $184 in the last three rounds and seems to have gone 3 - 0 in that time....check

International Rescue is the team opponents fear the most.......check (Although the Dim Sleepers probably scare a few)

Haven't even mentioned T'Birds still have two jokers.....check

So other teams , ponder all that  as you sit through "Pie Throwing 103"

Cubes and Out

2 hours ago, Right first time said:

Well done fellow Broncos Betty, Nekky, Gordy, Rob, and Geoff.

After 2 rounds of this comp we were 8th of 8 and fading - gleefully labeled the 'cellar-dwellers' by rival teams  ...yet 3 rounds later here we are 1st of 8 and travelling well with a nice cushion in front of the second team. Just goes to show that anything can happen in this comp, and no-one can ever be counted out. There's gonna be many more twists and turns before this comp is through.

Broncos ...the team to beat and looking good, even at this early stage, to take out this Competition. Though no doubt other teams will have a somewhat different viewpoint.  I notice we've still got to play the pre-post favourites the Panthers in round 1 ...and after an indifferent start like us they appear to be on the rise. That one's gonna be a great matchup.

Thanks for the match today Hesi and the Reapers, not your best day but I'm sure you'll bounce back quickly.

And of course thanks today to Maria and John for their sterling performance with the scoring and with the commentary.

So there it is, rival teams, . . . come get us ....if you think you can. :D

We already did. Remember. How fortunes change though. 

Was one week to early with the Joker, otherwise we might be right up yr ringo . Hard to pick some weeks with some interesting results changing the placings in the blink of an eye. 

On 5/21/2016 at 6:49 PM, globederby12 said:

OOOwweee. Wrinkles vs Mr Gee  nxt weekend. MATCH OF THE DAY.

This comp sets up some exciting head to heads.

GO WRINKLES my boy

Captain, you don't mind putting pressure on your fellow team members do you :) . Mr Gee is in the top three and truly an exceptional tipster indeed.

I will try my best for the team.

On 5/21/2016 at 6:08 PM, hesi said:

Thank christ you've changed your font Wrinkly, now I can have a drink:D

hesi, your kind comments are always appreciated :).

5 hours ago, Wrinkles said:

Captain, you don't mind putting pressure on your fellow team members do you :) . Mr Gee is in the top three and truly an exceptional tipster indeed.

I will try my best for the team.

Dear Wrinkle you will blow him into the weeds.Relax and deal with him