RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Winter Trans-Tasman Super Comp Results Thread

23 minutes ago, Steve Paul said:

Stirling effort today John, both here and the knockout comp'

Much appreciated by All I am sure.

Steve.

Cheers Steve.  Bit hectic at times - once again makes me realise what a stellar job the master does, week in week out.  Guess it helps when your better half is in the comp as well - she's less likely to expect you to spend time with the family :unsure:

Thanks to Geoff for the whiz bang formatting tool/website to get the results from my spreadsheet to look a little more presentable on here.

14 minutes ago, sharne said:

oh dear we are in the cellar, I was so useless today sorry team

:o nooooo  .. a team is a team we all have good and bad weeks that's a given ! :)   It's not a bad place to be anyway - no pressure on us now to perform so more than likely we will :) ... We shall all make hay while the sun shines - party on and ensure that none of the good stuff is left in the cellar for the next dwellers ;)    

6 minutes ago, hesi said:

What!

You mean to say you have your brother in law and your wife in the comp.

That means you potentially have a mole in the Reapers:(

haha.. no he's referring to Peter  ...       You have all men in your team hesi .... do you think John's married to VS? :D

1 hour ago, Piccadilly said:

Hanging my head in shame guys. Seem to have lost my mojo. Will make it my mission to

find it before next week !!!

It's all good Pam. We're holding you back for the Grand final. ;)

cheers
R

1 hour ago, Piccadilly said:

Hanging my head in shame guys. Seem to have lost my mojo. Will make it my mission to

find it before next week !!!

No drama Pam we are a team :).....Ray just wants us to cruise along and slowly build into the finals and ignore all the hyper activity from the "sprinters"B)

When I asked you to go easy on me Pam I didn't expect you to take it THAT seriously!!! :) Back from the fishing trip where I ticked one more off  the bucket list by catching a beautiful 1.1m, 14.5kg kingi this morning..to find the Tremendous Thunderbirds have hit the top of the table!! Awesome effort guys! Onwards and upwards aye...nah..hang on....just onwards!!! :) 

Table after Round 3

1st 8.5 The Thunderbirds $5110.40

2nd 7 The Sunliners^ $4479.20

3rd 6 The Grim Reapers* $5040.00

4th 6 The Broncos $4624.00

5th 6 The Renegades $4477.60

6th 4 The Panthers $4098.40

7th 4 The Warriors^ $3532.40

8th 3.5 The Heat^ $4010.40

* J1 Joker played

^ J2 Joker played

The Thunderbirds win took the to the top of the heap displacing the side they defeated yesterday - The Sunliners. The Grim Reapers nice win took them up 3 places to trail 3rd while the Broncos walloping of the Warriors took them past half the opposition teams into 4th. The Renegades won but still lost two spots (!) while the Panthers defeat cost them two places also, likewise the Warriors. Defeat for the Heat saw them slide one place down into the cellar. Half the teams - The Broncos, Renegades, Panthers and leaders The Thunderbirds have yet to play a Joker.

Round 4 Draw - Sat May 14th

Meetings will be Rotorua, Doomben, Morphettville & Scone

THE WARRIORS (7th) vs THE THUNDERBIRDS (1st) 

The Crucible v Moose

PJ v Cubes

Pete v Brian

Sylvia v Catalano

John v Heather

Punter Pete v Lloyd

THE SUNLINERS (2nd) vs THE PANTHERS (6th) 

Steve v Rosina

Craig v Mr Gee

Cam v Richard

Richie v Gruff

Ray v Alan

Pam v Graeme

THE GRIM REAPERS (3rd) vs THE RENEGADES (5th) 

VS v Sarah

Sir Gallivant v Wrinkles

Ian v Kay

Viceroy v Maurice

Steve P v Mark

Hesi v Rees

THE BRONCOS (4th) vs THE HEAT (8th)

Betty v Sir Castleton

Geoff v Jack

Howie v Maria

Rob v Sharne

Nekky v Casper

Gordy v Jenlove

Nothing like following a 6-0 hiding from the (previously) last placed team, with a match against the top team (and at Rotovegas of all places - can't remember the last time I backed a winner there).  Good thing we've got a little bit of home town knowledge at Scone - right Peter??  Forget Doomben & Morphettville - rubbish racing there - lets go five races at Scone.

I guess if there was a silver lining to the weekend's clouds, it's the fact that if you're going to have an absolute shocker then you're best to get it out of the way on the day your opponents put up ridiculous numbers.

Team Warriors note the bit in there about "get it out of the way" - time to pick up our game this weekend.  Expecting Steph Curry back for this one. 

On 5/8/2016 at 3:16 PM, Group one winner said:

Im sure its just a coincidence my last 3 opponents have all been Hurricane team mates..............................;)

Pete's weaning you off us gradually... you miss us... you know you do :wub:

13 hours ago, N1MUE said:

Nothing like following a 6-0 hiding from the (previously) last placed team, with a match against the top team (and at Rotovegas of all places - can't remember the last time I backed a winner there).  Good thing we've got a little bit of home town knowledge at Scone - right Peter??  Forget Doomben & Morphettville - rubbish racing there - lets go five races at Scone.

I guess if there was a silver lining to the weekend's clouds, it's the fact that if you're going to have an absolute shocker then you're best to get it out of the way on the day your opponents put up ridiculous numbers.

Team Warriors note the bit in there about "get it out of the way" - time to pick up our game this weekend.  Expecting Steph Curry back for this one. 

Interesting summation John. Yes get that shock-horror result out of the way early, I agree. Might be hard to fit a race from Scone into this week's schedule and then there is the doubt that Trackside won't cover the thing. Those Morphettville races always throw up some drama and more than a few upsets. I figure those T-birds are due a systems failure that will have Bones scratching his plastic noggin. Could be the week to strike although I agree that Arawa Park is my own personal punter graveyard.

Well done on the big Kingi Lloyd. 

Scone Horse week on this week so busy, busy, busy....

http://www.sconehorsefestival.com/

17 hours ago, hesi said:

The fish looks a bit rigid(dead) Lloyd, you sure it's not out of a deep freezer or one of those one's you find hanging on walls:D

Well done though, even getting it off a wall would have been a challenge.

PS That's not the marine reserve at Leigh in the background??

I can assure you he was very much alive - albeit totally 'stuffed' - as were my arms!!! :) Leigh is on the same side of the island as I was on - but that's about as close as it gets. Many miles away - But I can't reveal any more secrets or there'll be no more there when I go next time!! :) 

6 hours ago, Peter Jenkins said:

Interesting summation John. Yes get that shock-horror result out of the way early, I agree. Might be hard to fit a race from Scone into this week's schedule and then there is the doubt that Trackside won't cover the thing. Those Morphettville races always throw up some drama and more than a few upsets. I figure those T-birds are due a systems failure that will have Bones scratching his plastic noggin. Could be the week to strike although I agree that Arawa Park is my own personal punter graveyard.

Well done on the big Kingi Lloyd. 

I agree with everything except the "shock-horror result" bit. :o

1 hour ago, Peter Jenkins said:

I am at the Stud for an Open House this morning so race 1 update will be a little late but should catch up by race 2. Good luck today everyone.

From a quick flick through the picks, I could only see four entrants on Domination in the first  (only a quick glance so might have missed subs, etc..)

Rosina for the Panthers and Ray for the Sunliners to tie that match up at 1-1.  Gordy with a best bet continues the Broncos scoring blitz, and John picks his first winner at Rotorua since goodness knows when (unfortunately didn't have a bet). 

ROUND 4

Race 1 - Rotorua R1

1st - 5 Domination W-$17.50

2nd - 8 Wee Biskit Q-$178.20

scr: 16-18,20,21

1 THE WARRIORS (7th) 175.00

0 THE THUNDERBIRDS (1st) 0.00 

Only John finds the Windsor Park wuffie in the first to hand the Warriors an early advantage.

0.00 The Crucible 

0.00 Moose

0.00 PJ 

0.00 Cubes

0.00 Pete 

0.00 Brian

0.00 Sylvia 

0.00 Catalano

175.00 John

0.00 Heather

0.00 Punter Pete

0.00 Lloyd

1 THE SUNLINERS (2nd) 175.00

1 THE PANTHERS (6th) 175.00

Just Ray and Rosina from their respective sides find the opening winner so all square thus far.

0.00 Steve

175.00 Rosina

0.00 Craig

0.00 Mr Gee

0.00 Cam

0.00 Richard

0.00 Richie

0.00 Gruff

175.00 Ray

0.00 Alan

0.00 Pam

0.00 Graeme

0 THE GRIM REAPERS (3rd) 0.00

0 THE RENEGADES* (5th) 0.00 

A couple of Reapers labelled the runner-up but in the end all missed.

0.00 VS

0.00 Sarah

0.00 Sir Gallivant

0.00 Wrinkles

0.00 Ian

0.00 Kay

0.00 Viceroy

0.00 Maurice

0.00 Steve P

0.00 Mark

0.00 Hesi

0.00 Rees

1 THE BRONCOS (4th) 350.00

0 THE HEAT (8th) 0.00

Gordy with a beaut BB hits th trail for the Broncos with the Heat still cool after one.

0.00 Betty

0.00 Sir Castleton

0.00 Geoff

0.00 Jack

0.00 Howie

0.00 Maria

0.00 Rob

0.00 Sharne

0.00 Nekky

0.00 Casper

350.00 Gordy 

0.00 Jenlove

* Joker

Can't see any evidence of Joker plays today apart from a J2 from The Renegades

After catching up on results one would have to ask why the devil we even pick here in New Zealand in the winter, let alone race a horse.

I for one loathe looking for pins. One must forget about form it appears.