RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

Woodville today

2 hours ago, barryb said:

Nice crowd in and Winston Peters in attendance. Plenty of pensioners to grab a few more votes from. 

Hey Baz, I didn't think you were quite on the pension yet (haha!). Seriously, he (Winnie) certainly did more than all other Racing Ministers in living memory, especially over ensuring the tax rate for racing was aligned to other gambling forms. Not sure where the big financial 'shot in the arm went' as stakes at 7k still aren't enough to keep the wolves from the door. Athough he isn't in the same outrageous league as Donald Trump, having read about why more people are voting for Trump than anyone else - ie they are sick of the establishment doing nothing other than lining their own pockets - it's not hard to see a comparison between Trump and why people vote for NZ First. Methinks that NZ First will clearly be a bigger player in the next election than the last, ie likely hold the balance of power.

2 hours ago, biff said:

That's not a grin Tom, he's actually laughing at how stupid we all are for accepting the status quo. It's a gravy train, he's the conductor.

I don't know that he is the conductor. I think he has no interest in the portfolio whatsoever and he is content to turn up when there is a bit of a do on (Karaka Million or the sales) then leave the rest to either idiots who clearly know nothing about it(NZRB or the TAB) or imports who have never acheived anything in their own homeland and are intent on destroying our industry. In each case they have a good line in BS which they spin to Guy to delude him that all is well.

Makes you sick really

I would love to see the day when Key or Guy rock up to a race meeting on a glamour day and get directed to the public entrance and told to pay their way.

On the other hand, it would be great to see clubs pepper them with invites to $7,000 meetings, where - if they had the balls to turn up - the reality of the state of the industry could not escape them.

13 hours ago, Scotch Thistle said:

I would love to see the day when Key or Guy rock up to a race meeting on a glamour day and get directed to the public entrance and told to pay their way.

On the other hand, it would be great to see clubs pepper them with invites to $7,000 meetings, where - if they had the balls to turn up - the reality of the state of the industry could not escape them.

In the same way the Minister in charge of Worksafe will not go out and see the damage their mad laws have had on small business I don't think we will see John or Nathan at a $7000 meeting

John and Nathan are not interested in racing - that is the crux of the problem

NOTE I am not saying there is not a place for safety in the workplace but this is out of control 

5 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

In the same way the Minister in charge of Worksafe will not go out and see the damage their mad laws have had on small business I don't think we will see John or Nathan at a $7000 meeting

John and Nathan are not interested in racing - that is the crux of the problem

NOTE I am not saying there is not a place for safety in the workplace but this is out of control 

I agree about worksafe laws being out of control.The small to medium size business i work for have basically got somebody full time now to go through health and safety.We have up to 80 trucks per day coming and going and every time we get a new driver coming in we have to do an induction.Between forklift courses,First aid courses and all the other shit courses that we have to do the boss is paying out a fortune each year just to be able to operate within the rules.

9 minutes ago, richie said:

I agree about worksafe laws being out of control.The small to medium size business i work for have basically got somebody full time now to go through health and safety.We have up to 80 trucks per day coming and going and every time we get a new driver coming in we have to do an induction.Between forklift courses,First aid courses and all the other shit courses that we have to do the boss is paying out a fortune each year just to be able to operate within the rules.

and that means no money for wage increases for hard working staff! :angry: