RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
WhoKnows

The Big Boss

Wow, what an amazing run by this big horse today, breaking the track record over 2700m mobile at just his 3rd start!

You knew he was moving along as the field was breathless apart from the Purdon runner with a lap to go, good to see Ray Faithful with another good horse, he always had a good one but it's been a wee while since we have seen one like this.

nutwood (?) my fav free legged pacer - used to come home so fast (occasionally) that it got the speed wobbles. Anyone remember who trained it? I've got colours similar to Mike Austin in my head but pretty sure it wasn't him.

anyway, agree it's great to see Ray faithful with a good horse again and it looked like a great days racing all round. Takes a big effort to beat all stars in a race their horses have been set for and great to see it can happen (sometimes)

19 minutes ago, harewood said:

Yes remember Nutwood. Was trained by M Austin. Had 38 starts for 8 wins and finnished its racing in the USA where it ran a 1.50.6  best time.

Was driven by Junior McGrath in all but one of his NZ wins.

Superior Chance and Hondo's Dream are a couple more free legged pacers I remember.