RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Thoughts

I will just throw something in here. I like to have a bet or 3 on racing in Hong Kong. In March there were 2 Wednesday night meetings that the NZ TAB short changed local punters by only having 2 races on one of these nights and 4 the other night on which to bet on. The normal Happy Valley card is 8 races. I believe this had something to do with system capacity and the World Cup 20/20 cricket. So what do the TAB expect punters to do when trying to follow up on horses bet on previously when they will not provide the product?

On 17/04/2016 at 4:05 PM, Bimbo said:

Why didn't they get a punter onto the working group so they could get a punters perspective on things?  The punters are the ones that are funding everything.  They could have invited that handicapper chap.

Brilliantly, they neither consulted punters, nor the overseas bookies that they concluded it would be a good idea to somehow tax or at least act as tax collectors.

Perhaps the sad but inevitable truth is that the customer base is shrinking. Younger generations just aren't interested in racing as there are too many other attractions. Offering more of the same will not bring them back, apart from an occasional party day. Ask N.Z. Post about letters. Lotteries Commission about Big Wednesday, even the weekly prize used to be $1,300,000.

Regarding proposal number 2 the consultation document states:

"The NZRB is not able to offer bets on sports where there is no approved NSO in New Zealand, even when the specific sporting event is international. For example, the NZRB is currently not able to offer bets on Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) because there is no NSO. This represents a loss of potential revenue."

Yet when I just went to the sports section of the TAB website (for the first time in a long time) I noticed there is a section for Mixed Martial Arts and plenty of options open?  Whats going on?  Is the consultation document wrong or are the TAB taking illegal bets on MMA?