RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

TRACKSIDE CLOCK

I have reported this phenomenon before................. Trackside clock says 17:21 so I get on the laptop to have a bet on Caufield Race 6 which starts in 4 minutes ( 17:25 )  if you go by the trackside clock on CH1.

Hello cant get on , Race says its resulted with the winner Miss Promescuity  Trackside Clock says 17:25 with the TV ( Mysky_) . my Laptop which is 100%

accurate % & my cellphone ALL in agreement at 17:36.  Race is run and the resulted as per above.......... WTF ??

Someones missing out bigtime. O'h I wasn't able to get a bet on.

Actually I am convinced the TAB website clock runs about 1 minute late. Never bothered to check and find out. I have watched it click over to a start time only to find when I switch over on the telly that the race is half run and yet when you watch TV live, NZ races seem to inevitably start a minute or two over time. It is most likely done deliberately in some plot to increase turnover but would have the opposite effect causing many to miss out on placing bets.

Being a watcher of NZ TAB coverage from the western side of the ditch I can never understand why starters in NZ are so tardy at getting races underway. The thing is that if they run a minute or two late, Sky TV here in Oz just switch to whatever is coming up next and the NZ race is replayed later (most times). This is a dis-incentive for Oz-based punters to bet on NZ races thru' Super TAB and ultimately costs the NZ industry turnover and dollars. For God's sake just start loading 90 seconds earlier and it would fix the problem.