RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Black Kirrama

<< The CoMingling Farce continues >>

Melbourne Cup Day 2105 we had comingled quinella and Trifecta pools.That was the last time, with Australia.

We have been told progress is being made, The Asian win/place pools are comingled.

Please Mr Greg Purcell ,come on this forum and tell us why we have not got exotic comingling with Australa.

Who stuffed up the negotiations in 2014 and 2015 ?

.Justify your salary, please.

There have been many promises from Purcell. He has not delivered.

I have a spread sheet to justify why, I bet off shore with exotic bets.

Take Randwick, 02 April  2016.The day that  Winx won the Doncaster. Her half brother  deadheated for first in R1.

Compare the Quinella, Trifecta and first 4 dividends,for any race you like.But have a look at the trifecta comparisons as the day goes on.

This is a typical Saturday pattern, of results, when there is group racing in Aussie.

R10 The Adrian Knox Stakes on the above date is a case in point.I liked the Moroney,Alaskan Rose to run a banker 1.2.3.

The Trifecta paid.

NZtab   $4911.60.

NSW    $11504/

Vic       $16799 /

Qld       $10454

Comparing  the April 9 Randwick trifectas seems to give the same 38 %  plus to the NSW agency.

But wait there's more.

Today, 13 April 16, when McDonald rode 5 winners at Warwick Farm the Quaddie dividends are:

NZTAB : 7661.50

Vic        19156

NSW      14 K +

QuL        19K

The issue here is :

If you bet on Premier Days the pools are bigger off shore.

Purcell needs to act now. Explain why comingling is not happening as it should.

Thank God I lived in Victoria for a few years and opened a TAB account.

Rev Somervell

1 hour ago, Black Kirrama said:

Read this 

Purcell has the Power to direct the New Zealand Totalisator Board(TAB)

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/293487/nz-could-recover-millions-from-offshore-racing-bets

I read it.  That's not what it says.

Anybody can open an account online and start betting on larger pools with www.tab.com.au.  Obviously there are still plenty of mugs out there for the New Zealand TAB to prey on and take advantage of, as thousands are bet on the Australian racing non commingled pools everyday.  Todays Quaddie from Balaklava paid $693.90 in New Zealand and $5732.10 in Australia.  The winners of these Quaddies pretty much got what they deserved.

The commingling agreement between the NZ TAB and Tabcorp came into effect on  30 May 2007 and expired on 30 June 2015.

Prior to that expiry date last year, negotiations had started some 18 months prior ie January 2014. NZRB wagering expert Martin Saunders was heavily involved with these negotiations. My understanding after his departure from the NZRB he was brought back as a wagering consultant to deal with the commingling issue. I don't know if he still fills that consultancy position but negotiations to put a new agreement in place have been going on now for almost two and a half years and seemingly no light at the end of the table. The NZRB/TAB have remained virtually silent on the issue.

One has to wonder, if they cannot reach agreement after two and a half years, whether there will ever be any agreement reached.     

I rung the tab help line a month ago and asked when comingled pools would start again.   Was told by a bloke at tab that they had reached an agreement and were waiting for commerce department approval. That's what I was told?

I saw John Allen(The person you need to write to) at Ellerslie on Derby Day I said I would like to speak to him about this particular subject which I am hot underr the collar about especially since six weeks prior I had written direct to Supertab to find out what the delay was and they stated it was to do with NZ which was contrary to advice I had received from someone in NZ.I must admit that John Allen sat down with me for 15 minutes and he advised it should be sorted out by the end of june and that there were legal issues?I also said the guaranteed  pools were a insult to our intelligence and that the punters who have opened Australian accounts will never come back.Writing on this forum achieves little .

If nothing happens at the end of June I will be following this up.I would love to know how much this is costing the racing clubs in lost profits from the TAB and how much the TABs  racing turnover is down.I find in NZ no one on racing shows and especially racing journalsits are prepared to ask the hard questions because they are busy protecting their own jobs why has someone not done a indept article and stated what is actually happening.In any other corporate body they would have had a team working on this 24 hours a day till it was sorted my feeling is that they do not want to sort it out

43 minutes ago, Fiery Falcon said:

I also said the guaranteed  pools were a insult to our intelligence and that the punters who have opened Australian accounts will never come back.

I think that's the problem even if they do sort the comingling it's been to long and most punters have found alternatives and aren't looking back.

In my case yip sure they will get a few bets back here and there when I am in a bar or TAB but those that I do online will be done through other agencies, simply I find the agencies mobile sites and customer service much more user friendly amongst other things.  

7 hours ago, rdytdy said:

The commingling agreement between the NZ TAB and Tabcorp came into effect on  30 May 2007 and expired on 30 June 2015.

Prior to that expiry date last year, negotiations had started some 18 months prior ie January 2014. NZRB wagering expert Martin Saunders was heavily involved with these negotiations. My understanding after his departure from the NZRB he was brought back as a wagering consultant to deal with the commingling issue. I don't know if he still fills that consultancy position but negotiations to put a new agreement in place have been going on now for almost two and a half years and seemingly no light at the end of the table. The NZRB/TAB have remained virtually silent on the issue.

One has to wonder, if they cannot reach agreement after two and a half years, whether there will ever be any agreement reached.     

Not with that bloke involved Ted. Another waste of space like Bayliss and Cairns...the "dream team".......:rolleyes:

All trousers and no undies.......

On 13 April 2016 at 8:17 AM, aquaman said:

They will never reach agreement as long as NZ wants to extract more percentage wise per dollar than their co mingling partners. And because of this greedy extraction imposed on NZ TAB customers, i feel they are in no hurry to resolve this issue.

Only the Government can change the tax rate which is the real problem. More than half of you support the current regime. Go and talk to them and bring our taxation on all products into line with either NSW or Vic and there will be commingling in a heartbeat. 

On 4/14/2016 at 2:55 PM, Ohokaman said:

Not with that bloke involved Ted. Another waste of space like Bayliss and Cairns...the "dream team".......:rolleyes:

All trousers and no undies.......

You're not allowed to call Bayliss a waste of space Ohoka, he watches this site very carefully from afar........he has warned us all.

10 hours ago, Insider said:

Only the Government can change the tax rate which is the real problem. More than half of you support the current regime. Go and talk to them and bring our taxation on all products into line with either NSW or Vic and there will be commingling in a heartbeat. 

Cobblers, its not the tax rate holding it up, its the amount taken out of the dollar to fund the excessive's imposed on the industry, being paid for by a dwindling band of punters. The TAB now find themselves in a situation that as each yr go's by their bureaucracy costs more, and their punting base shrinks, hence it gets harder by the day to get to the same percentage takeout as their would be partners. This is my take on it, and lets face it, the TAB are not forth coming with any information. So i shall continue to speculate.

1 hour ago, biff said:

You're not allowed to call Bayliss a waste of space Ohoka, he watches this site very carefully from afar........he has warned us all.

If you can give me just one positive contribution any of these made to NZ Racing Biff, I might change my view.

Read Blokeys post on Sad news topic before you answer......

Guest 2Admin2
2 hours ago, aquaman said:

Cobblers, its not the tax rate holding it up, its the amount taken out of the dollar to fund the excessive's imposed on the industry, being paid for by a dwindling band of punters. The TAB now find themselves in a situation that as each yr go's by their bureaucracy costs more, and their punting base shrinks, hence it gets harder by the day to get to the same percentage takeout as their would be partners. This is my take on it, and lets face it, the TAB are not forth coming with any information. So i shall continue to speculate.

I thought they had already played the tax "rabbit out of the hat" card?  Most of the gain has been pissed away.

42 minutes ago, 2Admin2 said:

I thought they had already played the tax "rabbit out of the hat" card?  Most of the gain has been pissed away.

Yes you are correct, the Gov gave them the tax break after the fair tax protests, now when was that?, maybe at a guess, 15 yrs ago.

Guest 2Admin2
Just now, aquaman said:

Yes you are correct, the Gov gave them the tax break after the fair tax protests, now when was that?, maybe at a guess, 15 yrs ago.

You only have to look at the decline in the Golden Egg Layer revenue - the Tote!!  They have priced this low cost model off the market and added high cost show pony book makers to manage FOB and Sports betting.

Biff is right - they have no idea.

I've been informed by TAB VIP representative that they now limit my a/c on sports(all sports) bets to upto $250.

That means that I can place a bet to win a maximum of $250.

Their reason is that I only bet on line movements.

1 hour ago, Diver Dan said:

Biff is right - they have no idea.

I've been informed by TAB VIP representative that they now limit my a/c on sports(all sports) bets to upto $250.

That means that I can place a bet to win a maximum of $250.

Their reason is that I only bet on line movements.

Wow that's absolutely pathetic. Join betfair if you haven't already. Especially if your betting live, never gets suspended and your betting into a far more competitive %. You will never regret it.