RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mr_gee

dead 6 to slow 9 rotorua track

4 hours ago, mr_gee said:

Rotorua Track Rating 13 April 2016

Racing Rotorua would like to apologise for the error made with the Penetrometer reading leading up to raceday today. This was due to human error made during the calculation of the rating in the lead up to racing. This is out of character for our Course Staff and procedures have now been put into place to avoid this error happening again.

We understand how important it is for a club to give accurate information leading up to racedays for trainers, owners and punters etc to make appropriate decisions.

With regards to this raceday we feel that we have let the Industry down and we sincerely apologise for this.

Owen Nickel
PRESIDENT

seen  on the   trac  facebook

Hadn't spotted this earlier.

Good to see they put their hands up immediately and acknowledged that a genuine error had indeed been made. No prolonged investigation/enquiry taking weeks with a subsequent whitewash report.  

They have been open and frank about what has occurred, so well done Owen Nicholl/Rotorua. Credit due in that regard. 

Ted, don't start, we had this debate over your track a few years ago, same result, late scratchings, mine was one of them. Why are our Stipes paid to do a job that is not being done properly? Get to the track, inspect it before scratching time, it is called an informed  opinion, instead of a guess.

One of our part time Stipes used to be a jockey, rode a horse on race morning at TeRapa, and he was a good judge, an accurate track assessment!

Why do we have to put up with these amateur  calls in our professional industry, sad but true! 

I am afraid to say Greg, your not accountable to our industry, you nit pick on the smallest issues, the recent David Walker case being a classic example.Gloria deserved a call, hey, David is not allowed to ride work, instead a stakeout by our new integrity man, wow, how tough! 

And the cost to the industry, how pathetic! 

Take my license for my comments, can I be crucified for my honesty, go well!

It was good to see Andrew Forsman show some balls today, young man going well,  but at this stage, none of his own money on the line. 

He is under the Murray Baker umbrella, sheltered and waiting for his turn to put his own hard earned up.

If there are not some serious issues addressed in the next few years, there won't be an industry for the Young guns to shine in. 

No disrespect to Andrew, nice bloke and a fresh face on the block!

We all need to unite to see some change, but this is an industry that is so splintered, frustrating to say the least.

Todays track was just another hail in the coffin, of an industry that will have the lid finally closed, if we don't band together and make a stand!

This coming from a mug that will drive his truck to Dargaville tomorrow and race for $7000.

Best hospitality in NZ, alongside Wairoa, but a man needs his head read!

Will we ever stick together, unite and make something happen?

It would be nice to go down fighting, hardly likely!

Well said Chris, and as I said until there a people running the show who give a shit nothing will change, they keep taking their big fat cat salaries and not give a rats behind for the rest.

Yes you are right unless the WHOLE industry, or at least the majority make a stand of some kind then it is on a one way track to nowhere..and fast.

I used to always have a couple in work but not any more, it simply is not worth it.

Thanks for the input Chris we need more like you to stand up and fight.

Well said Chris Wood. Looking at the stewards report for the Rotorua meeting two of the three stewards are also named as being the stewards in the Te Rapa "mistakes". Surely they would have systems in place by now - The Racing Board needs to provide an explanation as to why the track was not inspected when they arrived on course - or was it? Presumably the stewards are paid a professional wage - then they should act like professionals or suffer the consequences. Fortunately my all up was late scratched.

1 hour ago, puha said:

Bumbling godber said i i i r r r um um  will look into Peter and will get back to you next week . Same old answers just a different week.

He said that to about four questions yesterday. 

I certainly feel dicked!!! I put substantial bets on at 8.30am in the morning on the net after checking the pentrometer reading and the metservice report for Rotorua. As soon as I saw the first race I wanted to get my money off. It is appropriate that the Rotorua committee apologised for the "human error" of their staff in taking the reading, but are they going to refund my bets?? There has to be an option to cancel bets in a situation like this.

Damn right Chris , the industry isn't just fractured , it's shattered . No accountabilty by anyone for anything . The NZRB lack the teeth and inclination to string a few people up for their transgressions . The RIU is just a name of a subsidiary company of the NZRB  in order to dupe people into thinking that there was any kind of independent impartial standard being upheld . Then there is NZTR  who project an image of perceived governance and leadership to the masses but when faced with real issues , an avoidance of communication is the preferred option . The Racing  Industry has proven itself to be run into the ground by people who convey an appearance of expertise & empathy but in reality the actions implemented are the reverse .