RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.

Power.... first starter a winner in UK.

Shares same female line as Jakkalberry.

A very strong female line that has left proven stallions.

Check out the female line of Arion pedigrees.

Thoughts on Power breeders?

On 4/11/2016 at 4:07 PM, Nasrullah said:

Power.... first starter a winner in UK.

Shares same female line as Jakkalberry.

A very strong female line that has left proven stallions.

Check out the female line of Arion pedigrees.

Thoughts on Power breeders?

Very nice filly sold at sales for 22k

This family goes back to the 'blue hen' mare Malva, and what an amazing mare she was. Only 15 hands high, but the dam of derby winners Blenheim and King Salmon, and also of His Grace.

Blenheim of course is the sire of Mumtaz Begum, the dam of Nasrullah.

Breeders in New Zealand will also be familiar with this family, as Malva is the 3rd dam of champion sire Summertime, the fourth dam of NZ half brother sires Crest of the Wave and Palm Beach, and now the 9th dam of both Jakkalberry and Power.

This family has been extremely successful 'down under' and it would be no surprize if both Jakkalberry and Power continued this success with this great thoroughbred line.

02/05/2016
Peace Envoy (FR) 2014
(C. by Power-Hoh My Darling)
2nd Curragh Ivawood 2YO Race, €25000 1006m earning €4750

01/05/2016
Biz Power (IRE) 2014
(C. by Power-Biz Bar)
1st Milan Premio Lampugnano, €10710 1000m earning €5950

30/04/2016
Wheneverwecan (IRE) 2014
(F. by Power-Jallaissine)
2nd Thirsk Totescoop6 Play Today Novice 2YO Auction S., £5000 1006m earning £963

08/04/2016
Peace Envoy (FR) 2014
1st Dundalk Irish Stallion Farms 2YO.Maiden S., €15000 1006m earning €9225

There is also enough in Power's pedigree, and the progeny of Oasis Dream to suggest that his progeny will run a good middle distance as they mature, especially when bred to the stouter NZ mares.

On Tuesday, May 03, 2016 at 0:07 AM, Nasrullah said:
02/05/2016
Peace Envoy (FR) 2014
2nd Curragh Ivawood 2YO Race, €25000 1006m earning €4750

01/05/2016
Biz Power (IRE) 2014
(C. by Power-Biz Bar)
1st Milan Premio Lampugnano, €10710 1000m earning €5950

30/04/2016
Wheneverwecan (IRE) 2014
(F. by Power-Jallaissine)
2nd Thirsk Totescoop6 Play Today Novice 2YO Auction S., £5000 1006m earning £963

08/04/2016
Peace Envoy (FR) 2014
1st Dundalk Irish Stallion Farms 2YO.Maiden S., €15000 1006m earning €9225

Has another 2yr old in at Leopardstown today.

Edited by Swoopa
typo

I have seen a few of his progeny, like what I have seen  and think he will leave some good winners.

2016 fee $8000 + gst represents an excellent opportunity for breeders I believe.           

I think that Power and Jakkalberry offer breeders an excellent opportunity based on their race records, pedigrees, types and the quality of the weanlings and yearlings they have left.

Two images below of each horse. They are related!

Power in the first image and Jakkalberry in the second.

Power by Oasis Dream.jpg

Jakkalberry.jpg

Pedigree Power ( excuse the pun).

Summertime a 7-time winner in the UK who went on to be champion sire in New Zealand three times, four times the leading NZ-based sire judged on combined Australasian progeny earnings, and the only stallion ever to sire three consecutive AJC Derby winners.

Summertime's son Sobig whose many top-class sons included Melbourne Cup winner Think Big, Caulfield Cup winner Sobar and Cox Plate winner So Called.

Power is my pick to be Champion first season sire in Europe this season.

The winners keep coming in.

Turn of foot!

The Richard Hannon-trained Somebody To Love (2f Power-Starchy, by Cadeaux Genereux) looked a filly with a big future and she overcame a troubled passage to win on her debut at Sandown on Friday.

The 100,000gns Tattersalls breeze-up purchase, bred by Roundhill Stud, was stopped in her tracks before eventually finding daylight and showed amazing acceleration to score by two and a quarter lengths.

The Racing Post commented that it was “a remarkable performance from the winner”  and continued that“her chances looked slim when she lost plenty of ground at the start and then looked to get outpaced in a detached last, but despite getting stopped in her run once she saw daylight she found a devastating turn of foot to hit the front and win going away. She looks smart.

Nothing to do with Power, but two words ... College chapel. Don't be too quick to pick your top stallings by how many they win ir how they start...

i have visited juddmont and have seen frankle, oasis dream, and dansili - the latter the best stallion I have seen for the type of horse I like. Oasis Dream was a laid back powerhouse of emense class - and a horse by him is worth consideration such is the class of mare that these Stallion attract. Juddmont is Probably my go to for the best that the uk offers (generalisation).

zacinto has started well / I'm a fan but stand by my thoughts that real power will come from a dansili first dam in a sire. However I would have no hesitation going to zacinto - and good luck to Nick and his son in Canterbury Belle country.

Canford Cliffs another good example. 24 2YO winners last season in UK and has just landed his 1st Oz winner - in country Victoria.

UK & European 2YO form no match for the Aussies in my view.

One Cool Cat! 

By this time of the year [in Europe] with his Two Year Old's they were all the rage.

Winners everywhere, including a Stakes Winner or was it two?

Once bitten, twice shy for me!

Showcasing, now there's a good enough sire.

On 6/7/2016 at 6:37 PM, Nasrullah said:

I think that Power and Jakkalberry offer breeders an excellent opportunity based on their race records, pedigrees, types and the quality of the weanlings and yearlings they have left.

Two images below of each horse. They are related!

Power in the first image and Jakkalberry in the second.

Power by Oasis Dream.jpg

Jakkalberry.jpg

I had the chance to inspect Jakkalberry a few weeks ago. 

What a magnificent stallion. 

Two Miles?

If he had been trained for say the McKinnon instead of the Cup, I have no doubt that he would have been more than competitive based entirely on his type!

22 hours ago, Dopey said:

Nothing to do with Power, but two words ... College chapel. Don't be too quick to pick your top stallings by how many they win ir how they start...

i have visited juddmont and have seen frankle, oasis dream, and dansili - the latter the best stallion I have seen for the type of horse I like. Oasis Dream was a laid back powerhouse of emense class - and a horse by him is worth consideration such is the class of mare that these Stallion attract. Juddmont is Probably my go to for the best that the uk offers (generalisation).

zacinto has started well / I'm a fan but stand by my thoughts that real power will come from a dansili first dam in a sire. However I would have no hesitation going to zacinto - and good luck to Nick and his son in Canterbury Belle country.

Ben interested on your opinion on raise the flag, he came from juddmonte stud his dam left dansili i think, his progeny here have been abit disappointing for me, but hoping they maybe late developers. They zacinto horses are looking good, was impressed at the south island sales by his progeny.

22 hours ago, Shad said:

Ben interested on your opinion on raise the flag, he came from juddmonte stud his dam left dansili i think, his progeny here have been abit disappointing for me, but hoping they maybe late developers. They zacinto horses are looking good, was impressed at the south island sales by his progeny.

From what I've seen of that family raise the flag (sorry to say) ... Blood is there but the genetic lottery did not fall in his favour as he is not as athletic. I'm don't mean to be harsh and of course the horse no doubt will to others be a good type, and I have to confess have not seen him in the flesh but he looks nothing like dansili or the others.

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

From what I've seen of that family raise the flag (sorry to say) ... Blood is there but the genetic lottery did not fall in his favour as he is not as athletic. I'm don't mean to be harsh and of course the horse no doubt will to others be a good type, and I have to confess have not seen him in the flesh but he looks nothing like dansili or the others.

Thanks for your thoughts, you can't fault his breeding, his stock sold well at chch sales which surprised me, top price 52k higher than the zacinto breed, was interesting, might make jumpers yet, time will tell, might get the odd exception i hope.

2 hours ago, Dopey said:

Agree. Although I haven't seen him (Raise the Flag), his dam left 7 stakes-winners from 8 foals including Dansili, so I can't see Northern Hemisphere breeders letting him go easily if they thought he would make a successful sire. All the best to his connections though, and the South Island has produced some amazing stallions also with no race form but great pedigrees (Mellay for example).

2 hours ago, bazach said:

Agree. Although I haven't seen him (Raise the Flag), his dam left 7 stakes-winners from 8 foals including Dansili, so I can't see Northern Hemisphere breeders letting him go easily if they thought he would make a successful sire. All the best to his connections though, and the South Island has produced some amazing stallions also with no race form but great pedigrees (Mellay for example).

Agree

The difference was that Raise The Flag's siblings had racetrack ability while Raise The Flag was unplaced in one start.

While a horse could of had ability and not shown it, I possibly feel that race track ability at Group One level whether that be a win or placing is a better chance of increasing your odds hugely rather than using pedigree alone.

I agree that European 2yo form is not enough to say that a horse will continue with it. However Power's female pedigree is very deep and has got more form as 3yo's and upwards.

Another winner by Power yesterday!