RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Great To See The Young Guns Firing

AJC Derby Tavago, Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young.  AJC Oaks  Sophia Rosa. Stephen Marsh

Dream results for these young trainers and a huge step taken in their respective training careers.

At a time when it is very hard to attract young people to our training ranks, here are some young ones that are really standing out and are shining lights for others to aspire to.

To take their respective 3yos to the "Championships" in Sydney with the world watching on and win both the Derby and the Oaks was a fantastic achievement.

Congratulations Trent, Natalie and Stephen. We are both thrilled and proud of your achievements a week apart and no doubt there will be more big wins to come.        

6 hours ago, rdytdy said:

AJC Derby Tavago, Trent Busuttin & Natalie Young.  AJC Oaks  Sophia Rosa. Stephen Marsh

Dream results for these young trainers and a huge step taken in their respective training careers.

At a time when it is very hard to attract young people to our training ranks, here are some young ones that are really standing out and are shining lights for others to aspire to.

To take their respective 3yos to the "Championships" in Sydney with the world watching on and win both the Derby and the Oaks was a fantastic achievement.

Congratulations Trent, Natalie and Stephen. We are both thrilled and proud of your achievements a week apart and no doubt there will be more big wins to come.        

Yes, very well done to all concerned. HOWEVER, Trent and Natalie off to Oz and no doubt many of their owners will follow and support them there. See a 40-box complex for sale at Matamata track--assume it is Lance Noble's old training centre. Any prospect of a "new" trainer setting up?  I have my doubts with the prevailing industry stagnation and low stakes. A refugee centre probably the only viable option.

Agree Chevy, the downside is immense but as Ted says good to see and all the best to them - they know, like I do, NZ Racing is unsustainable and in its death throes - it is simply over

Edited by turny
spelling

Come on guys, be a bit more positive.

Just off the top of my head, up north re young trainers we have David Greene, Andrew Forsman, Jacob McKay, Samantha Logan, Emily Holmes, plus James Bridge and Steven Cole at Byerley Park. No doubt there will also be others I haven't thought of immediately.

Andrew of course is in partnership with the astute Murray Baker and will train on his own account in due course and the other young ones are training on their own account at present already.

The success of Trent, Natalie and Stephen must surely be inspirational and motivational for them.

If we didn't have the likes of them, then I would be a lot more worried. Not only are our stallions progeny firing on the world stage, so are our jockeys and trainers.  

Go the young guns.!!     

Not knocking the young ones Ted, but from an owner's viewpoint NZ racing it's current form is unsustainable and that will impact on the viability of new young trainers. Suspect Jacob, Samantha and Stephen surviving on family support, both financially and horse-wise.

The TRUTH is depressing Rosie when it comes to grass-roots NZ racing. Of course we all like to celebrate the wonderful achievements of the few flying the flag in Australia, but when did you last see a" Snow Lupton" being lauded at a big meeting? Lately, and this is not a snipe at their results because they are big investors, it has been China Horse Club, Owen Glen, Lib Petagna etc racing horses from the well-established, powerful stables that have been getting great results. The lot of lower-level owners and their battler trainers is being eroded at break-neck speed by personal financial indulgence in the governance domain.

On 11/04/2016 at 8:31 PM, turny said:

Agree Chevy, the downside is immense but as Ted says good to see and all the best to them - they know, like I do, NZ Racing is unsustainable and in its death throes - it is simply over

For the last 30 years racing people have been saying racing is finished and for the next 30 years racing people will be saying racing is finished, so that will be 60 years of racing is finished, but surprise it won't be finished.

On 4/11/2016 at 9:46 PM, chevy86 said:

Not knocking the young ones Ted, but from an owner's viewpoint NZ racing it's current form is unsustainable and that will impact on the viability of new young trainers. Suspect Jacob, Samantha and Stephen surviving on family support, both financially and horse-wise.

Not only that , but it really goes to show how lazy or connected the racing journalists are in this country there are other stories out there that deserve the attention rather than writing about the same old few all the time.

I think there have been 3 stories basically regurgitating the same stuff in each article about young Jacob McKay and his first couple of runners on nzracingnews.

Huey...

You are entirely correct in your observations.

There are no objective racing writers operating in New Zealand. If anyone believes that I am wrong in making this statement, please provide me with the evidence and allow me to comment. I would welcome being proved wrong.

All the best.

Ashoka

Jockeys doing well today.  James McDonald is four from four so far at Warwick Farm (great jockey).  Chris Dell third on a $100 pop and a winner from his only other ride.  Daniel Stackhouse with a winner at Ballarat and Ryan Hurdle with one at Balaklava.  Good on them.

On Tuesday, 12 April 2016 at 8:51 PM, Jefferson said:

For the last 30 years racing people have been saying racing is finished and for the next 30 years racing people will be saying racing is finished, so that will be 60 years of racing is finished, but surprise it won't be finished.

Racing may not be finished in 30 years  but what state will it be in? 30 years ago the Wellington Cup was worth $400k, this year it was worth $200k.

On 4/12/2016 at 8:51 PM, Jefferson said:

good to hear you are still around Greg!