RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Te Aroha Track

G1 Breeders Stakes Day at Te Aroha tomorrow. 

The fields throughout the day are excellent and some good racing should be in store.

We did receive some rain 2.5m around lunch time today and would freshen the good sole of grass. The track reading was a Dead 4 (at 4pm this afternoon) with  a bit of give in the track and racing should commence on a Dead track tomorrow. Showers are forecast for later in the day (hopefully after the last.)  

Hope to see a few of you there. 

They will break out the caviar for you Barry :) how do you rate Abidewithme? Prefer if the track was no worse than 1.36 but must have very live chance at false odds...trip back from Oz take a toll ?

Just now, Gruff said:

They will break out the caviar for you Barry :) how do you rate Abidewithme? Prefer if the track was no worse than 1.36 but must have very live chance at false odds...trip back from Oz take a toll ?

Abidewithme is one I am going to back in that race, its odds are too good to ignore.

The only disappointing aspect of the day was the track bias.....the last 5 winners all led all the way and all up hard against the rail, didn't make for overly competitive racing but at least the fields held up well with decent numbers.

3 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

The only disappointing aspect of the day was the track bias.....the last 5 winners all led all the way and all up hard against the rail, didn't make for overly competitive racing but at least the fields held up well with decent numbers.

Just a normal Te Aroha race day mate.

Has had a leaders bias for the last 30+ years.

6 minutes ago, Shad said:

Very sad to see two horses break down at te aroha and one at southland  sumthing you never like to see at the races, thoughts for the connections, must be every owners nightmare.

Yes I really felt for the owners of Recite & The Last Shower, its bloody tough when that happens to you.

My wife cries everytime it happens when we are on course, & where The Last Shower was right by our car, we had to wait 30 mins before I was allowed to go home.

We have been through it ourseleves as owners 3 times and it never gets any easier, you get very attached to them unless you are a heartless bastard.

13 minutes ago, barryb said:

Yes I really felt for the owners of Recite & The Last Shower, its bloody tough when that happens to you.

My wife cries everytime it happens when we are on course, & where The Last Shower was right by our car, we had to wait 30 mins before I was allowed to go home.

We have been through it ourseleves as owners 3 times and it never gets any easier, you get very attached to them unless you are a heartless bastard.

Have witnessed it myself a few times only as a spectator, and its quite a horrific scene to see,  sum years ago a good horse called fiesta point broke down at wingatui in front of the stand, just about made me cry as its such a shame as these majestic animals are someones family members, a definite down side to racing,im always pleased when all hores get round safely.

It's nuts. The track was seriously rough when it really shouldn't have been. Its almost as though the track managers are watering the tracks too much and the grass roots aren't getting deep enough to bind everything together.....that or the grass types aren't the right ones. That sort of bias never used to be there and it would seem we have a lot of this at the moment. If you chop the top out, you can't have horses accelerate through it. Hence the from the front bias.

11 hours ago, barryb said:

Great day out Ted, decent crowd and entertaining day, need more dunny's on such a huge day though, near had to wee out the back of the grandstand.

Cheers Barry, have made a note, more port-a-loos for next year.

Turnover was terrific with in excess of $211,000 done on-course.

8 hours ago, Berri said:

It's nuts. The track was seriously rough when it really shouldn't have been. Its almost as though the track managers are watering the tracks too much and the grass roots aren't getting deep enough to bind everything together.....that or the grass types aren't the right ones. That sort of bias never used to be there and it would seem we have a lot of this at the moment. If you chop the top out, you can't have horses accelerate through it. Hence the from the front bias.

Or they are simply racing too much at a few venues .

11 hours ago, Huey said:

Or they are simply racing too much at a few venues .

There is plenty more tracks out there that they race more often than Te Aroha. We have a track that can be irrigated but not used over the summer months.  What was Elleslie like over those months not very pretty really was it.  Matamata who race nearly every second week leading into Xmas was a bit like that too. You cant change the weather the only thing you can try and change are the people at the top who are calling all the shots and making a mess of it.  A horse running round on Saturday for 40000 and their only six in a race.  Easy way to make a bit of money for some. The fields are a joke at some meetings and they need to use their nosh and sort it out. A Meeting a day apart in the same  area is stupid  and is not good for the industry because both meetings have average fields.

20 hours ago, Berri said:

I thin I know who you are and hey your horse run. Also it is an on the pace runner.  If you are who I think you are you have lived in our town and you know what the mountain and the weather is like in our area. Some rain feel Friday but their was fog Saturday morning also earlier on in the week.  The weather pays a big part and you cant change that

Yes you can! You simply prepare the track depending on the time of the year and the likelihood of the weather whatever it might be. 

Its the idiots preparing a dead 4 track for nomination day in the Autumn and then complaining when it rains on the Wednesday and of course doesn't dry out hence a soft 6 or 7 come Raceday with everyone moaning and rightly so.