RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Spikecity

Well done TAB - finally

15 hours ago, aquaman said:

Never mind the jockey challenge, whats happening with Co Mingling, when are they going to get off their collective chuffs and fix it.

Don't hold your breath on that one Aquaman....won't be happening anytime soon...

The reason for this

8 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Don't hold your breath on that one Aquaman....won't be happening anytime soon...

The reason for no action is obvious, they want to shaft punters with huge takeouts to pay for their top heavy bureaucracy, and ever falling turnover. They need to stop telling lies on this one.

18 minutes ago, aquaman said:

The reason for this

The reason for no action is obvious, they want to shaft punters with huge takeouts to pay for their top heavy bureaucracy, and ever falling turnover. They need to stop telling lies on this one.

How is it paying for their "top heavy bureaucracy"?? It's costing them a shit load of money not making them more. I thought that was rather obvious. 

10 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

How is it paying for their "top heavy bureaucracy"?? It's costing them a shit load of money not making them more. I thought that was rather obvious. 

Because Gonsta, and just for you, the takeout rate has to be the same in both % in both countrys for it to work. And because NZ needs to take more out of the pool to pay for our bureaucracy they are unable to co mingle, thought this was rather obvious.

9 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Because Gonsta, and just for you, the takeout rate has to be the same in both % in both countrys for it to work. And because NZ needs to take more out of the pool to pay for our bureaucracy they are unable to co mingle, thought this was rather obvious.

And you think they are making more money than if it was commingled? Really?? The majority of punters aren't that stupid, no one is betting on any Aus dog quads, harness, and the majority of non guaranteed thoroughbred pools. Same with first 4's etc. I'd be interested in hearing other people's opinions on it but common sense tells me it's in their interest to have commingling back and they have taken a massive hit since it hasn't been. 

1 hour ago, GONSTA said:

And you think they are making more money than if it was commingled? Really?? The majority of punters aren't that stupid, no one is betting on any Aus dog quads, harness, and the majority of non guaranteed thoroughbred pools. Same with first 4's etc. I'd be interested in hearing other people's opinions on it but common sense tells me it's in their interest to have commingling back and they have taken a massive hit since it hasn't been. 

I don't even bother taking exotics on Aussie Dogs or Harness anymore, last night about 9;30 I l flicked over to trackside 2 and there was an Australian dog race about to jump in 1 minute. I think it was either Ballarat or Bendgio I looked at the double pool and it had $2 in it.

The racing board don't seem too worried about sorting the issue and I would have thought they would have taken a massive hit too but every TAB I seem to walk into these days has pokies in it so I guess they are propping things up.

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

high takeout rates are such short term thinking.

Reminds me of NZ Post hiking the price of sending a letter - they think it maximises revenue - while in fact it just hastens the death of the service...

12 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

I don't even bother taking exotics on Aussie Dogs or Harness anymore, last night about 9;30 I l flicked over to trackside 2 and there was an Australian dog race about to jump in 1 minute. I think it was either Ballarat or Bendgio I looked at the double pool and it had $2 in it.

The racing board don't seem to worried about sorting the issue and I would have thought they would have taken a massive hit to but every TAB I seem to walk into these days has pokies in it so I guess they are propping things up.

Ditto. I used to religiously take a quaddie on the dogs every Thursday / Saturday night, betting into 20k+ pools, I haven't had one with the NZTAB since they stopped commingling them, ditto with a lot of punting people I know. Same with the Brisbane / Adelaide quaddie's on a Saturday, bet into a pool of $1000 and the most you can make off a 5% ticket is 50, compared to a let's say 100k commingled pool.

Doesn't take a mathematician to see how much it's costing them, a pool of $50 with a 26% takeout rate or a pool of $2000 with a 25% takeout rate. Hmmmmm. 

3 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

high takeout rates are such short term thinking.

Reminds me of NZ Post hiking the price of sending a letter - they think it maximises revenue - while in fact it just hastens the death of the service...

Agree Col, it's the same with the Newspapers. In all three examples all it has done in my opinion is milk those who rely on it and driven those who are able too use alternative sources or methods to do so.

To put things into perspective re co-mingling. Randwick quaddie in the weekend paid 16K versus 48K with Tabcorp. Fixed odd prices including best fluc options suggest NZTAB is only for mugs and the desperates when other better options are readily available offshore.