RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Irish

WINX

Gee I thought she was flat and under pressure a long way out last week. Jock said he thought she was in trouble at the 800, Said track was cut up and made her work hard. Waller said he thought she was beat.

Only her heart got her up - got to be a big risk she is flat as a pancake.

I hear you on it being a huge race kakama - but she has earnt over $6.6M - you would like to think they will make a decision based on her wellbeing rather than greed ??

Guest 2Admin2
8 hours ago, kakama said:

Those $4 million buck races don't come around too often! 

I am no trainer, but she didn't have a gut buster last week. Will be interesting, I will say she will start.

I disagree - she had to work hard and shift ground to get through the pack and on the worst of the track.  She was labouring and hanging slightly.  Tough run and I wouldn't back her up.

7 hours ago, gubellini said:

Gai Waterhouse yesterday paid $2.3 million for Winx's yearling half brother by Snitzel. He is a full brother to El Divino who dead heated for first with Astern in the 2yo Race at Randwick last Saturday.

Gai has spent decades spending others money on pricey yearlings. A quick perusal of her current position in Sydney training ranks these days suggest others have more appeal. For example Waller has not signed for 1 as yet although some of his clients do use  bloodstock agents.His current position-No 1

45 minutes ago, Trump said:

Gai is good at spending other peoples money. How many $1m plus sales have resulted in top class horses? Very few if any. 

Has a good relationship with studs and loves a good deal.I see that one of the yearlings she paid a bit for yesterday includes Waterhouse in the ownership. Is that unusual??

4 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Gai has spent decades spending others money on pricey yearlings. A quick perusal of her current position in Sydney training ranks these days suggest others have more appeal. For example Waller has not signed for 1 as yet although some of his clients do use  bloodstock agents.His current position-No 1

3 hours ago, Trump said:

Gai is good at spending other peoples money. How many $1m plus sales have resulted in top class horses? Very few if any. 

Most big buyers don't use their own money even NZs big buyers.Most are syndicated before the hammer falls or later on with the buyer maintaining a 10% share and management fees from here on in.

I once heard Gai say that she didn't have a Sheik,Banana king or a chicken farmer behind her which mean't it was hard to compete.

32 minutes ago, crustyngrizzly said:

Most big buyers don't use their own money even NZs big buyers.Most are syndicated before the hammer falls or later on with the buyer maintaining a 10% share and management fees from here on in.

I once heard Gai say that she didn't have a Sheik,Banana king or a chicken farmer behind her which mean't it was hard to compete.

Poor Gai, does she still wear her hats down at the soup kitchen?

19 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

She has Coolmore on her books for a start. Statistically she has thus far spent, with associates, around 8.6 mio in the first 2 of 3 sessions. Couple that with the 5+ mio she spent at MM's and she must have some serious firepower for the next few seasons.

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

She has Coolmore on her books for a start. Statistically she has thus far spent, with associates, around 8.6 mio in the first 2 of 3 sessions. Couple that with the 5+ mio she spent at MM's and she must have some serious firepower for the next few seasons.

She's had over 140 named 2yos so far this season. Hate to think how much $$ they cost all together, let alone how many will still be racing as 4yos.

52 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

She's had over 140 named 2yos so far this season. Hate to think how much $$ they cost all together, let alone how many will still be racing as 4yos.

Had 2 in GS this year and they ran last and second last.To be fair though she has trained numerous GS winners with Vancouver the latest. Straight off to stud soon after.