RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Irish

WINX

6 minutes ago, mckenzie said:

The word champion is used too often in racing but she is one that deserves it. She's probably gone past Sunline and Black Caviar now in terms of what she's done at this point of her career compared with them. Who knows what's next. 

Yeah what-eva...nice tui add!

I have a Zabeel and Sunline Cap...don,t have a Winx one as yet...Bedpost waiting 

6 minutes ago, mckenzie said:

The word champion is used too often in racing but she is one that deserves it. She's probably gone past Sunline and Black Caviar now in terms of what she's done at this point of her career compared with them. Who knows what's next. 

Yeah what-eva...nice tui add!

I have a Zabeel and Sunline Cap...don,t have a Winx one as yet...Bedpost waiting 

14 minutes ago, Insider said:

The three great mares of my time in Australasia Racing:

Black Caviar, Sunline and Winx  [In no particular ordered.]

New Zealand only: Showgate stands alone.

Makybe Diva right up there too?  Different type of horse but did win three Melbourne Cups and a Cox Plate.

25 minutes ago, N1MUE said:

Makybe Diva right up there too?  Different type of horse but did win three Melbourne Cups and a Cox Plate.

Without a doubt the greatest stayer I have ever seen or will ever see, male or female.

More one dimensional than the the three I chose, hence see misses out, but not by much.

Edited by Insider
Grammar

Tommy Smith won 7 in his career, remarkable to think Chris Waller has won 5 already and has a mare who could potentially win another 2. Not downplaying Tommy Smiths record or saying Waller is his equal but that is an amazing record in a race of this calibre.

Makybe Diva had a pretty low strike rate, less than 50% of her races she won. She was a great mare but there wasn't that immense pressure to win every race that Sunline, BC and now Winx had. Plus she was the only one that failed overseas.  

8 hours ago, Trump said:

No mare will ever win 3 Melb Cups. It was a rarity. 

The ONLY horse to ever win three Melbourne Cups was a mare Makybe Diva. 

Other than her no mare has even won it twice.

To emphasize how hard it is to win the race more that once only four other horses have won it twice in the 155 year history of the cup.

Archer 1861-1862

Peter Pan 1932-1934

Rain Lover 1968-1969

Think Big 1974-1975

Corey said he was in trouble from the start, never handled the track. Donna was disappointed with the run.

Weather has been bad since so she expects the track to get worse if no good weather later in the week.

Grass very long on track and taking longer to dry out. Running rail going out 10m for second day.

VSB already on the way home, not worth staying.

2 minutes ago, Gruff said:

How many times you go back to the well

This will be the greatest test of Chris's training ability.

Get it right and he's a hero.

Get it wrong and he will be crucified.

EVERY MAN AND HIS DOG WILL BE SAYING: "I told you so".

I see the stewards have stopped betting on the QE due to the uncertainty over her starting.

Tough race last Saturday. With the bad weather continuing, my money says she won't be starting.

Waller has plenty of other options, no point ruining the mare..

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Corey said he was in trouble from the start, never handled the track. Donna was disappointed with the run.

Weather has been bad since so she expects the track to get worse if no good weather later in the week.

Grass very long on track and taking longer to dry out. Running rail going out 10m for second day.

VSB already on the way home, not worth staying.

Rail out 6m from the 1600.