RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Canelo

Chautauqua

Guest 2Admin2

Did you see Tommy Berry coolly switch the whip from the outside to the inside hand half way up the straight?  

4 hours ago, kakama said:

Nice profitable day for Tommy, that's for sure.

that's even if you include the $2000 fine for using the whip once more than allowed. Plus the $400 fine for a 'celebratory gesture' before the post and the 3 meetings suspension. I think Tommy is still well ahead and grinning all the way to the back.

I

Pathetic nonsense - a robot monkey would be much more to their liking!!! I've been watching racing for a looong time - but no doubt some have been watching longer than me - has anyone in all those years ever seen someone fall off close to the line because they were celebrating???  Thought not. I have seen jockeys very cooly drop their hands and get beat though. But never have I seen someone standing up in the irons waving and going over the side. That's because jockeys only do it when it's a big deal and when it's 'in the bag' - and they're PUMPED!! Good on 'em!

I hate this anti-celebratory nonsense; lucky they don't insist on it for the owners aye!! What about being a danger to all those around them in the stands??....blah blah..Still, I daresay, as has been pointed out, the very happy owners would be more than willing to cover his fine I'm sure!! Good on you Tommy! Enjoy every moment of it.

55 minutes ago, kakama said:

What was the $400 fine for? 

Was it for  his cheezey grin standing high as he crossed the line? 

BEFORE he crossed the line. Kakama.  Fair bloody dinkum.  Did Murrihy think Tommy was going to fall out of the saddle with 20 metres to go??

I know dearest.  Rules are rules.  I did notice a couple of occasions where jockeys hugged connections/trainers after the race with no penalty.  

Not indicating there should be a penalty, merely trying to show sometimes common sense should prevail.

Also, I was so excited with Winx I did forget to say what an absolutely awesome effort by Chautauqua.

Last 600 in 33.72 on a Soft 6......!!!! What would he have done on a dry track.....??!!

The Michael, Wayne and John Hawkes-trained five-year-old came from a seemingly impossible position on the home turn before overpowering rivals to win by 1-1/4 lengths.

Tommy Berry held on tight down the Randwick straight, coming home the final 600m in 33.72 seconds with a final furlong of 11.50 seconds.

Chautauqua was the only runner to break 34 seconds for the final 600m at the Randwick meeting, which was run on a track rated a soft (6).

Below is a table summarising the fastest final 600-metres and 200-metre splits at Randwick on Saturday plus an analysis which can be used to blackbook future winners.

Race

Fastest Last 600m

Fastest Last 200m

1 – Kindergarten Stakes (1100m)

Astern (34.67)

Astern (11.99)

Analysis: A dead-heat to begin proceedings with the Gai Waterhouse-trained half-brother to Winx, El Divino, splitting the line with John O’Shea’s Astern. El Divino  (34.74/12.02) had enjoyed an easier time of it than Astern during the run and looked as though he would defy the challenge but it wasn’t to be, forced to share the spoils. These two impressive looking colts gapped the rest.

2 – Carbine Club Stakes (1600m)

Queen Of Wands (35.13)

Queen Of Wands (11.80)

Analysis: Queen Of Wands closed off gamely when finishing third behind the boys in the Group III mile. She continues to improve with racing so her time may come soon. He’s Our Rokkii (35.38/12.02) raced wide but that wasn’t a disadvantage on Saturday and his turn of foot was enough to give him the win.

3 – Chairman’s Handicap (2600m)

Libran (36.37)

Libran (12.53)

Analysis: This looked a ‘slogfest’ watching it live and the sectionals suggest that’s exactly what it was. Libran must be commended for lumping 58kg through these conditions and wearing down the on pace runners which had produced a stop/start race up front. Chris Waller’s galloper is three in a row heading into the Sydney Cup next week and nothing he’s been racing recently looks able to defeat him. Perhaps the stablemates Grand Marshal and Who Shot Thebarman will provide the greatest competition.

4 – Country Championships Final (1400m)

Clearly Innocent (35.00)

Clearly Innocent (11.64)

Analysis: That troubled hoof only delivered a better price for Clearly Innocent fans as it certainly didn’t hinder him on raceday. Tommy Berry was in the worst part of the track and had to alter course on the bend before Greg Bennett’s superior four-year-old switched into overdrive. He was simply too good and his sectionals were dominant. His final 200m split was 0.44 seconds quicker than any of his rivals.

5 – PJ Bell Stakes (1200m)

Pearls & Egyptian Symbol (34.56)

Pearls (11.64)

Analysis: Tempt Me Not (34.94/11.96) crossed from the wide gate then kicked on the turn for a deserved win. Pearls charged out of the ruck to claim second place while the consistent Egyptian Symbol chased as gamely as she always does. Not sure which one to follow from this race as Pearls was coming back in distance, Tempt Me Not needs to be kept fresh and Egyptian Symbol appears destined for a career of placings.

6 – Sires’ Produce (1400m)

Yankee Rose (35.42)

Yankee Rose (12.16)

Analysis: Golden Slipper form has a history of holding-up into the Sires’ as was the case again this year. Yankee Rose thumped her rivals and dominated on the stopwatch. Telperion (35.87/12.33) tried hard but was no match. The best horse won. 

7 – Australian Derby (2400m)

Tavago (35.66)

Tavago (12.25)

Analysis: Strong Kiwi stayer Tavago was never going to get beaten once they’d settled into their positions. A great ride by Tommy Berry to save ground and keep his mount comfortable. Tavago’s final 600m was a clear-cut 0.46 seconds faster than any of his rivals. Tally  (36.12/12.44) was brave in third. He’s had a great campaign. 

8 – TJ Smith Stakes (1200m)

Chautauqua (33.72)

Chautauqua (11.50)

Analysis: Chautauqua was outstanding. His final 600m was 0.43 seconds faster than any of his rivals but it was the final furlong which blew them away. Chautauqua went 0.36 seconds quicker than anything else in the race for the final 200m. English (34.15/11.86) deserves a mention. She’s only a three-year-old filly and physically still has room to furnish. 

9 – Doncaster Mile (1600m)

Winx (35.35)

Winx (11.98)

Analysis: Winx found a way to win – as she does. Her final 600m was a dominant 0.29 seconds faster than any of her rivals. She was the only runner to break 12 seconds for the final furlong which was no mean feat considering the pace at which lightweight Vergara had moved them along. Superlatives aren’t enough for this wonder mare. Happy Clapper (35.73/12.21) and Azkadellia (35.64/12.22) simply ran into a freak. Their efforts to place were terrific.

10 – Adrian Knox Stakes (2000m)

Alaskan Rose (36.06)

Alaskan Rose (12.12)

Analysis: Maiden galloper Diamond Made (36.28/12.15) stepped straight into a Group III victory and whilst not the strongest to the line, certainly gives the impression she’ll run the 2400m of the Oaks next week. So will Alaskan Rose but the question must be asked if this race can stack-up to the Group I Vinery Stud Stakes a week prior? I think not.

On 2/04/2016 at 6:47 PM, Huey said:

out of this world, you just knew he would win when jumped and ridden quiet. Him and the great mare would have been interesting.

Whilst I love this horse and his sintillating finish, it must be said the great mare always ran on the pace and could have a final 600m and 200m equal to or better than what Chautauqua achieved, so how could he possible get past her?

6 hours ago, Jefferson said:

Whilst I love this horse and his sintillating finish, it must be said the great mare always ran on the pace and could have a final 600m and 200m equal to or better than what Chautauqua achieved, so how could he possible get past her?

Indeed hard to see anything getting past her.

They made a big thing about Exosphere "being lame" after the race....he was certainly lame in it....

Now it turns out there was nothing wrong with the horse, heading to the All Aged Stakes on April 16....

Obviously a ploy to try and maintain some sort of aura around a prospective stallion...?? :ph34r: