RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Whyisit

David Walker

Guest 2Admin2
38 minutes ago, Whyisit said:

David gets hit hard again .Lay advocate fails to sway JCA to go easy on him

case is on the JCA WEBSITE.

Maybe if David lived in  Muttamamuta he mightn't got charged.

You are incorrect.  He got the minimum and most of the penalty will be served concurrently with his existing penalty.  All parties concerned and involved were satisfied with the outcome.

I agree though, if I'm correct about your inference, that Walker has been hard done by comparatively to other industry offenders.

He is in fact being stopped from earning a living in his chosen field and in many industries this is not allowed. If this is the worst they can find to challenge it makes for very poor judgement especially when the industry is in such disarray. The energy that was put into this investigation would have been better served explaining how other enquiry decisions were made. Just adds fuel to an already burning lack of confidence. 

On 31 March 2016 at 4:24 PM, 2Admin2 said:

You are incorrect.  He got the minimum and most of the penalty will be served concurrently with his existing penalty.  All parties concerned and involved were satisfied with the outcome.

I agree though, if I'm correct about your inference, that Walker has been hard done by comparatively to other industry offenders.

You are incorrect  He got another 6 months additional after his existing penalty finishes .  That was for one charge the other charge he got 3 months to be served concurrently with 6 months additional he just received.

Guess  you are sticking up for the lay advocate seeing he was helping you to stifle the Matamata case.

18 minutes ago, Whyisit said:

You are incorrect  He got another 6 months additional after his existing penalty finishes .  That was for one charge the other charge he got 3 months to be served concurrently with 6 months additional he just received.

Guess  you are sticking up for the lay advocate seeing he was helping you to stifle the Matamata case.

You know that for a fact or just mouthing off??? 

Guest 2Admin2
1 hour ago, Whyisit said:

He still got the minimum.  As for "stifling the Matamata case" it's clearly evident you have a chip about something.

My view is that it was a sledge hammer to kill an ant.

For f...s sake there are better ways to solve a little problem.

A man still has to earn a living and support his family doesn't he?

When society decrees  that you have done wrong [and he did] there are not too many opportunities left other than friends, and even then it can turn to custard as it so obviously did.

I am glad that I wasn't policeman, judge and jury, as karma never fails, is my experience, all 67 years of it!

Shame we cant as humans show more compassion to one another, second chances work!......rehab works!.....not in all cases, but it works, what David did was no worse than D Oliver, difference being, Damien is a millionaire +........from where I sit David has different circumstances, surely we as an industry should have thrown out an olive branch?.......B Spriggs and P Robl recovered from their punishment, yes their crime was not as obvious or severe maybe, but in the wash up, we only have one life, and a second chance from our peers can be humbling and reforming. IMO and of course there will be vastly different and more savage views.

Guest 2Admin2

Well said Biff.  What Walker would have financially gained out of his indiscretion wouldn't have bought a round of drinks at any one of the zillion conferences NZTR managers have attended.  That's not to excuse Walker however in my opinion it puts into perspective the difference between those who have to work hard to make a living in the industry and those who just pitch up to the trough.