RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
doric68

easter Monday racing a joke

1 gallops meeting in deep South,1 NI meeting,grass harness,have I got my dates wrong???? is it Easter.Who schedules the race meetings these days as he/she has not got a clue or do the trainers not want to race their horses on holidays.The premier race meeting of the day,Riverton.Is racing deliberately being killed off here,sure looks like it.

Agree Doric but the TAB won't miss out. What about Easter Sunday. No races here but they're happy to take our bets on 9 gallops meetings (7 Aussie, 1 Japan, 1 Singapore), 4 Aussie Harness and 7 Aussie dogs so they don't need a Kiwi racing industry anyway.

Yep its an outdated silly govt policy, a racing meeting or 2 today would have been perfect.

As it was I got bullied into going for a walk up Mt Te Aroha & now my bloody legs are aching, I will be in bed in 30 mins & completely shagged tomorrow with only Riverton on to watch.

It won't do any harm to have all racing (almost all) participants have a day or two off. Maybe out of it we can get some Saturday meetings with good sized fields during the next couple of weeks. It would be good to have some reasonable NZ racing leading into the magnificent Randwick Championships. What was the point in watching any NZ racing yesterday before tuning into Rosehill.

1 hour ago, puha said:

Thanks NZTR  instead of spending a relaxing arvo having a couple of beers and I will instead go shopping and find a nice cafe for lunch. You will lose out on my $$$$ today  with your pathetic Easter Monday programming. 

Snap! Just heading out to do the same thing Puha, minus the shopping which is a plus.  

1 hour ago, kakama said:

Watched races from Riverton today. 

Why are horses up 4 wide half way thru the race? What is going on? 

Crickey you haven't been up with the play, quite the standard these days and been happening for a long time, a real buggar if you are paying for it. Not a lot of thought goes into it, get to the front at all costs, only problem is most of the time you're not there at the finish, Mongolian khan, couldn't do it, wonder who is the apprentice mentor is  these days, or maybe they don't have one.

7 minutes ago, Shad said:

Crickey you haven't been up with the play, quite the standard these days and been happening for a long time, a real buggar if you are paying for it. Not a lot of thought goes into it, get to the front at all costs, only problem is most of the time you're not there at the finish, Mongolian khan, couldn't do it, wonder who is the apprentice mentor is  these days, or maybe they don't have one.

Mayb Shad you could become one...its an easy job. Bit like getting a stable hand to try and get a horse into the barriers numerous times after it is late scratched !!!

Warwick Farm races today were fields, full of horses with potential. Bet the next star. This is much more exiciting to bet on than NZ horses that have had 30 starts each and always seem to race each other week in, week out.