RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
porky

Des ...Sunday Mornings

Just thought I would have a listen to Des...havn,t done for a long time!

Unfortunately the last couple of calls ...He has simply aired the party line and not his opinion...

(O,sullivan fine and maybe justification for restructuring races)...Sorry just came back with no Easter Sunday

... is in law and wants Ellerslie back to Easter (apologies Des)

...I agree J.McDonald is world class, but sitting there yesterday with a couple of mates and that gap appeared on the rails 

as the grey rolled out and he strolled on through...your average apprentice would have taken that gap.

Then I was banging my head against a brick wall,with the mates arguing straight after Preferments win.

They reckon kiwi,s arn,t upto it...I said Preferment is by Zabeel and trained by Chris Waller...No Aussies there!

2 onto 1, I was onto a hiding to nothing...Then Leebaz won...(another Zabeel). helped my cause somewhat.

But they are convinced we are waaaay behind....I reckon O.P would ride more winners than James.

Given the mounts...there you go Des...and Blake Shinn is waaay under-rated also IMHO.  

I think Des does a good job on his Sunday and Monday shows, they are difficult slots and agendas.

Don't even compare McDonald to any NZ jockey, he is head and shoulders above them all. One of the top handful currently in Oz.

27 minutes ago, nzowner said:

where can we hear a replay of des show 

Just tune in next week and it will be just like listening to a replay.  Every time I hear it, it's the same strange people ringing and talking about the same old stuff.

23 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Just tune in next week and it will be just like listening to a replay.  Every time I hear it, it's the same strange people ringing and talking about the same old stuff.

Might be the same people each week, hey just like Race Cafe (!!), but they do talk about the racing the previous day and the current issues in racing. If it sounds the same each week to you, maybe you should go to Bay Audiology!!

On 3/27/2016 at 10:52 PM, Bimbo said:

You may be Blonde, Bimbo...but you have a point...Des doesn,t rock the boat too much, toes the party line and invites all and

sundry to comment...including old Aunt Mabel...with her left tit stuck in the mangle. 

Boring as hell for mine. Some callers worth listening to but Des, despite his years of service, is past his use-by date. Too many ummms and aaahhhh's and his opinions are middle of the road and don't add a lot if interest. Alternatively a lot think Mick Geurin is mouthy but he says what he thinks and why. Not always right but good for debate and discussion.

I actually get sick of the current trend to editorialise the host's role - TV and radio - all disciplines.  So I don't care if Des doesn't warble on about what HE thinks - but nor do I want him to talk everyone down who has a strong opinion or offers robust comment.   

I do respect Des' memory and knowledge but barring slander I think we should let things roll a bit more - and INVITE people on who might offer interesting or dissenting points of view.

We won't grow or improve as an industry if we never allow challenges to the status quo (especially when the status quo aint doing too well!). 

There's a whole variety of flavors out there - I'm just a little bit "over" a constant diet of "vanilla" .....

Regards, J.