RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LongOwner

PURDON RASMUSSEN DOMINANCE

46 minutes ago, richie said:

Your loss.i have had some great mulitis and divvies from the Purdon and Rasmussen stable.Give a reason why questionable.We currently have 18 trainers that have returned positive tests in last 20 years still training.Do you back any of their horses?They are the most drug tested stable in any code so maybe you need to put up proof instead of unfounded innuendo.

Squeaky clean we know!

40 minutes ago, richie said:

I Know quite a few trainers and never heard of any resenting the Purdon dominance.If you have name them as surely their  owners wouldnt be happy paying money at sales if the trainers dont think they can compete.

Yes of course all the other trainers love one stable winning all the big races.

50 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Squeaky clean we know!

You love throwing in these innuendos and liking posts suggesting Blue Magic.

Actually you come across like a gossiping old lady with no facts or proof.

You claim to be able to make money punting and always whinge about the TAB restricting you and yet when challenged to a betting contest you run a mile.

You whinge about the small dividends the Purdon horses pay and yet the days the TAB dread are the premiere meetings because the punters clean up- especially Jewels day and you can't make money off them. I do not think most on here believe any of your claims about being banned or you making money (well I certainly don't - what kind of egotistical person would even claim such a thing online). When offered alternatives ways of overcoming being restricted (Yeah right) you always have a whinging excuse why you can't.

Now if you can listen to reason (take your fickking blinds off) - if there was something underfoot going on then surely once a horse left Purdons its form would drop away. (Understanding so far? probably not).

Arden Rooney's form really fell away after leaving his stable. Barry won the other night with the Have Faith horse. High Gait I think has won it's last 5 in row under the guidance of Molander and another trotter with her has also won races in a row. There are many other I could quote but you are so bitter about Mark Purdon being successful that you will not listen to reasoned argument preferring to back-stab instead of appreciating a wonderful achievement that almost all of us are so enjoying.

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

The Purdon horses even look different.

The 2 year olds look more like 3 or 4 year olds, big strong necks etc, really muscled up, I wonder?

Another of your sweeping generalisations. Some Purdon runners have strong necks and are "really muscled" others don't. This is true in any stable, you have strong horses and puny ones. The Purdon winner on Saturday Renske B is a small horse, much smaller than the Mark Jones trained Delightful Memphis who looks more like a stallion. I wonder? Have Faith In Me is the best horse in the country yet he is small and puny compared to many open class horses, for example Locharburn and Costa Del Magnifico are much larger and more athletic looking horses, than he.

stop it u 2  n some people don't like hearing the truth  - whingers and haters prevail in harness racing u have to let them keeping on  or they would have nothing else to do. as I say I prefer the Robert dunns of this world - innuendo and half truths are  part of the game-   it  will never change- if you have a good run you are using-

mark purdon is a great trainer probably the best in the world and all the vitriol and hate will never change that. Sorry boys he'll win another 5 or 6  next  meeting and the one after.

he is  master at  assessing a horse - I have first hand experience- he bought the best horse I will ever have after a few unplaced maiden runs-  he is just better than the rest and never stands still- willing to learn etc etc  he must laugh at all you loons who sit in a chair bagging him.

and u will

To use a rugby analogy the Purdons are a Super Rugby team playing a handful of  ITM Cup teams but mostly local club sides. They have better players, better facilities and have a true professional set up. They also have the backing of the biggest pockets in the game, so they continue to get the best players.

What does tip things in their favour is the idiotic dominance of 2 and 3YO racing, which allows the big players to get a quick return on their investments. All the others just can't compete on level terms. They have set themselves up to cream in all this juvenile racing and while we continue to tip so much money into it, they will continue to do it.

They are not after the glory of winning the really big races (NZ Cup, Auckland Cup, Interdoms, Rowe and Dominion Handicaps), even though they do win a few open class races (they have only won one NZ Cup in 17 years, and in the same period two and a half Auckland Cups, 2 Rowe Cups and one Dominion- and that is a poor return considering the talent they have had go through their barn).

They are about winning money - and that is all about juvenile racing. 

Absolutely pathetic, absolutely deluded, snipe and create innuendo, gossiping old ladies, Whingers and haters, loons                     That's what some on here describe anyone who suggests the all star dominance is impacting in a negative way  on participation  levels.   Whoa,what a terrible and shocking thing to think,  Bas...s           Wondered why the cue at the confessional was so long this week. Repent you Ungrateful souls .  Say 10  hail mary's and 10 all stars, and all will be forgiven.As penance,go back to betting on those 15 horse fields with $5 favourites. That will teach you to blaspheme. 

18 hours ago, Spikecity said:

You love throwing in these innuendos and liking posts suggesting Blue Magic.

Actually you come across like a gossiping old lady with no facts or proof.

You claim to be able to make money punting and always whinge about the TAB restricting you and yet when challenged to a betting contest you run a mile.

You whinge about the small dividends the Purdon horses pay and yet the days the TAB dread are the premiere meetings because the punters clean up- especially Jewels day and you can't make money off them. I do not think most on here believe any of your claims about being banned or you making money (well I certainly don't - what kind of egotistical person would even claim such a thing online). When offered alternatives ways of overcoming being restricted (Yeah right) you always have a whinging excuse why you can't.

Now if you can listen to reason (take your fickking blinds off) - if there was something underfoot going on then surely once a horse left Purdons its form would drop away. (Understanding so far? probably not).

Arden Rooney's form really fell away after leaving his stable. Barry won the other night with the Have Faith horse. High Gait I think has won it's last 5 in row under the guidance of Molander and another trotter with her has also won races in a row. There are many other I could quote but you are so bitter about Mark Purdon being successful that you will not listen to reasoned argument preferring to back-stab instead of appreciating a wonderful achievement that almost all of us are so enjoying.

Spike, you can believe anything you like.

Never mentioned Blue Magic, you clearly have!

Whether you believe I am restricted by the TAB I personally don't care.

It is not about ego whatsoever, it is the principle of being limited and the fact that if you win they don't like it, and restrict severely.

Keep up the good work, the Purdon fans will support you!

Richie   .... well its like this..he has been found guilty  before. let off after 6 months..  another trainer had to do almost full time... were is the justice and fairness in that? and like I said.. you can bet on him, you can trust him all you like.. I don't my choice. and no I don't back this stable.. unless I take an easy bet and  I get their runners encluded.. not much I can do about that... personal choice and opinion ... I stick by my convictions.

he wasn't let off after 6 months he did his sentence- that was a  long time ago  -   and I can assure you he wouldn't care if u back his horses don't trust him etc-  do you ever have bets on any other trainers who have had disqualifications or fines-   stick to your convictions by all means but I am not really sure what they are when it comes to the Purdons-  he is the most tested trainer in history if you are insinuating he is a drug cheat- he aint -  he is just too good - that's the long and the short of it and his success has bred more success-something wrong with that?

ask anybody who has worked for him  and they will tell you his work ethic his attention to detail and his total commitment to his horses-

I am not an apologist for  mark and his team  far from it but sometimes you need to recognize greatness.

On 27/03/2016 at 2:28 PM, Brodie said:

Clearly the win pools are significantly higher than the place pools, basically double which is abnormal as the win and place pools generally are pretty much equal.

They were pretty much equal many years ago. My guess would be before commingling came in.

22 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

They were pretty much equal many years ago. My guess would be before commingling came in.

Pretty sure the imbalance was due to all ups running.

Dont believe Oz bets are just to win. 

45 minutes ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

is there no all up place betting or do they get bundled in with the all up win bets ?

Imagine there is all up place bets.

The win pools were so much larger than the place pools, so I would say punters doing all up win bets on some of the shorties.

Greg O'connor mentioned someone had 600 to return I think it was 50k into the last and would have got it.

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The win pools were so much larger than the place pools, so I would say punters doing all up win bets on some of the shorties.

Greg O'connor mentioned someone had 600 to return I think it was 50k into the last and would have got it.

Of course the are All Up place bets. I was just trying to follow your usual lack of logic.

Its great to see you have managed to out do your usual efforts in the sentence I have highlighted. ROFLMAO

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

That was obviously a multi if he knew the return of the bet, which has no influence on tote prices specifically. You can do an all up with win, place, quinella all in one bet. Win pools are always larger than place pools, regardless of what the winners pay on the tote / favourites winning etc. 

10 minutes ago, GONSTA said:

That was obviously a multi if he knew the return of the bet, which has no influence on tote prices specifically. You can do an all up with win, place, quinella all in one bet. Win pools are always larger than place pools, regardless of what the winners pay on the tote / favourites winning etc. 

Not sure, it was the last race when Greg said it. I am sure there were a lot of all ups going anyway.

Normally win and place pools are pretty similar not double like on Saturday night.

Dog win pools may be bigger but harness are normally roughly the same.

20 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Not sure, it was the last race when Greg said it. I am sure there were a lot of all ups going anyway.

Normally win and place pools are pretty similar not double like on Saturday night.

Dog win pools may be bigger but harness are normally roughly the same.

LOL just LOL

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Of course the are All Up place bets. I was just trying to follow your usual lack of logic.

Its great to see you have managed to out do your usual efforts in the sentence I have highlighted. ROFLMAO

Kotare Hunter.

Your wit is only bettered by your lack of understanding!

What I was saying but you couldn't understand, was that there would have been all up place bets but more obviously punters had offloaded to a much greater scale on the short priced favourites to win rather than to place, as odds not worth taking on the place. Dah!

Also the punter would have got it as well as the winner was what the punter had, so he would have got it. Dah!

6 hours ago, tim vince said:

he wasn't let off after 6 months he did his sentence- that was a  long time ago  -   and I can assure you he wouldn't care if u back his horses don't trust him etc-  do you ever have bets on any other trainers who have had disqualifications or fines-   stick to your convictions by all means but I am not really sure what they are when it comes to the Purdons-  he is the most tested trainer in history if you are insinuating he is a drug cheat- he aint -  he is just too good - that's the long and the short of it and his success has bred more success-something wrong with that?

ask anybody who has worked for him  and they will tell you his work ethic his attention to detail and his total commitment to his horses-

I am not an apologist for  mark and his team  far from it but sometimes you need to recognize greatness.

Have not seen any posts on here who disagree with your last 2 paragraphs.  Would however ask you this.   If a confidential survey was sent to all trainers with the question ,  Do you believe the all stars use performance enhancers currently not tested for?.  My guess would be  a 95% yes.            What do you reckon?    What % of punters?    To be fair I think if they also asked the question.  Would you use   performance enhancers on your horses if you believed they would not be detected , Then I think that answer would be  very high as well ..    Remember the study some years ago where they asked the question  of elite athletes would you use performance enhancers if you were to die young ,but win a gold medal.  Seems a majority preferred an early  death.                                                                                                                                                                                                   My point is simple, Unless you have an enforcement agency commited to a levelplaying field ,then it is inevitable that the use of performance enhancers will occur.   In my opinion our riu are currently totally ineffectual,  and are only interested in catching the small fish,and everyone knows it  

34 minutes ago, what a post said:

.                                                                                                                                                                                                   My point is simple, Unless you have an enforcement agency commited to a levelplaying field ,then it is inevitable that the use of performance enhancers will occur.   In my opinion our riu are currently totally ineffectual,  and are only interested in catching the small fish,and everyone knows it  

So the All Stars use "performance enhancers" in NZ but quickly take them out of their horses when they come to Aus  and clean up. Come on  do you realise how silly your statement is. Australian stipes and drug testing is some of the toughest in the world. When the all Stars come over and clean up their major prizes plus being Kiwis they are subject to absolute stringent testing. Do you not think that the Aussie trainers picking up the crumbs would not demand this. If anything is being used we would hear about it. I live in Aus and you never hear the continual negativity and dribble you hear on this forum about the All Stars, only admiration for what they achieve and how is the best tactics to beat them. And as an aside when they race in Aus they almost always only have one horse in the race and still generally win so how the **** does all this talk of team driving have any substance.

You live in Australia do you.?  Well you should know about trainers using performance enhancers. .  Have you seen the number of people currently on the disqualified list over there for use of performance enhancers.   Have you ever read some of the decisions?     Tell you one thing mate,they sure need to have a lot of relations who can train. Wives,partners,sons daughters,the milkman next door. Got to be ready for the next positive.   How many in nsw  currently out,or have been in recent times.   Did you believe they were using performance enhancers?                        I gave up betting on aussie  harness racing  about 3 years ago when I backed  a horse where the driver actually almost drove it into the outside fence down the back with 600 to go to pull it up so it would not get anywhere. Got put out for 3 years.                  You seemed to have completely overlooked the  points I made though.   I guess you are in the 1 in 20 I refer to. 

2 hours ago, what a post said:

You live in Australia do you.?  Well you should know about trainers using performance enhancers. .  Have you seen the number of people currently on the disqualified list over there for use of performance enhancers.   Have you ever read some of the decisions?     Tell you one thing mate,they sure need to have a lot of relations who can train. Wives,partners,sons daughters,the milkman next door. Got to be ready for the next positive.   How many in nsw  currently out,or have been in recent times.   Did you believe they were using performance enhancers?                        I gave up betting on aussie  harness racing  about 3 years ago when I backed  a horse where the driver actually almost drove it into the outside fence down the back with 600 to go to pull it up so it would not get anywhere. Got put out for 3 years.                  You seemed to have completely overlooked the  points I made though.   I guess you are in the 1 in 20 I refer to. 

Thats exactly the point I was making. Thankyou for agreeing with me. The Aussies sort out the ratbags and cheats very quickly and deal to them. Therefor under your premise the AllStars are clear using enhancers. Once again thanks for agreeing and confirming the All Stars are all clean. 

I dont mind being one of the 19 out of the 20 that think the All Stars are doing great and a flagship for NZ trotting. You are the other 1 I think.