RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

First Call Tips

Time for some accountability for burning the poor punters hard earned don't you think ?

Based on $1 units on the Quaddies and $50 win on the BET OF THE DAY here we go.

Best Bets for Tauranga were both successful BUT Tauherenikau & Riverton are now being told to go home by the caretaker.

Rosehill Picks by Brett Davison are generally pretty good and his Best Bet won and paid $4.40

NETT RESULT THIS WEEK = LOSS $211

2 hours ago, Shad said:

A fool and their money are soon parted, an oldie but a goodie, trust your own judgement and go with it, these so called tipsters don't know any more than the rest of us.

And you have ta just wonder how they came together in the 1st place. !!

I listen most Saturday's to Pete's show 8-9am and mark down each of their bets of the day. I cannot believe how useless and highly consistent most are with their non winning tips. For professional (supposedly) punters, they are really pretty useless. It is time to stop ringing them if they continue regularly losing. How can they regularly not pick one horse to win!!! Some on here could pick oine and do better, they certainly couldn't do any worse. We regularly hear about a certain 0900 number having success during the week, but never seems to be able to pick one horse to win on Saturday. They all pretty much suck. 

WEEK 1  LOSS C/F = $211

This week we had an outstanding performance by our resident tipsters.

3 Meetings were covered Ellerslie , Awapuni & Riccarton and Best Bets of the day and Quaddies presented to vapourize your hard earned.

1 ) Of the 10 BEST BETS OF THE DAY.................. ONLY 1 of 10 and that paid $1.50

2) Of the 68 selections in the 3 Quaddies ONLY 4 were successful ( 0.058% ) and these paid $2.80 , $2.80 , $5.00 and $4.70.

3) So $648 spent and $1.50 returned............... NETT LOSS THIS WEEK = $646.50 

WEEK 2 LOSS = $646.50 + $211 (C/F) = TOTAL LOSS YTD = $857.50

Cant be bothered with the midweek stuff but I can tell you its no better.

These people have been paid by the TAB at this rate they have a job for life.

# These figures are representative and approx and may differ from actual numbers.

Not very good results, i wouldn't take any of there tips, most are favourites and dont win, i prefer to go on breeding and luck and im always looking for a roughie, had a look at that zbeauty yesterday but didnt end up backing it, went a nice race at a good place price.

Seriously though, with such a shocking performasnce week after week, they should be sacked. How hard can it be to select one horse each week, yet they miss miss miss.....sure we all would miss too, but not so regularly as these so call experts do, they pick like beginners.

On 4/6/2016 at 10:07 AM, Jefferson said:

Seriously though, with such a shocking performasnce week after week, they should be sacked. How hard can it be to select one horse each week, yet they miss miss miss.....sure we all would miss too, but not so regularly as these so call experts do, they pick like beginners.

You seem to be suggesting that you or others could do better - perhaps you can but how about backing that comment up "How hard can it be to select one horse each week"

As a bit of fun I will play you for a $25 multi to be taken on Saturday 14 May (5 week period starting tomorrow) - you pick your best of the day at each NZ Gallop meeting on the next 5 Saturday's and I will do the same (Imaginary $2 win on each). We will compare to the picks of the first call Best Bets at each of the same meetings and tally winnings.

You're playing me head-to-head but the bonus is if you beat both Stu and Aidan? over the 5 week period the bet doubles i.e.. If you beat me it is a $25 multi (your selection plus mine with any return shared 50:50) but if you beat the First Call boys (both of them) then it is a $50 multi.

You are not putting any money up as I am - your just matching your skill against mine and the FC boys.

Only two rules - your picks for each meeting must be posted on here by 10am each Saturday morning (as that is when FC starts so they will have to have made their picks by then) and any late scratchings can't be substituted i.e. it is a $0 return.

Are you game?? 

Balance B/F LOSS = $857.50

A better performance this week SPENT $1306 Returns $2272 = PROFIT FOR WEEK = $966

The bulk of the wings  this week came from the Q2 Quaddie at Trentham collecting $1106 from a $144 investment.

Winnings $966 less Ytd losses $857.50  =  YTD Profit = $108.50