RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

Herald Lift Out

Hey , they have added the trainer, BUT

-   Mark Du Plessis was not listed to ride any starters YET he won the Jokey of the day !!

-   In fact only 27 horses listed to start had a jockey.

-   7 of the 10 winners didn't have a jockey at Tauranga

-   6 of the 8 winners of races at Tauherenikau had no jockey.

Paper blames the TAB and the TAB rates satisfaction like a New Orleans whore

11 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

Hey , they have added the trainer, BUT

-   Mark Du Plessis was not listed to ride any starters YET he won the Jokey of the day !!

-   In fact only 27 horses listed to start had a jockey.

-   7 of the 10 winners didn't have a jockey at Tauranga

-   6 of the 8 winners of races at Tauherenikau had no jockey.

Paper blames the TAB and the TAB rates satisfaction like a New Orleans whore

When I post, it is always based on my personal experience. Is it the same for you?

Just a question - was it the Thursday Herald you are talking about or was there an edition published on Good Friday? I don't buy the Herald so don't know which one you are speaking about?

If it was a Thursday edition (as there was no Herald published on Good Friday??) would think the jockey problem was caused by the rider declarations timeframe of NZ Racing as they have to be confirmed on a Thursday (11am or 12 noon - not sure which) which meant not too many would have been confirmed when the Herald deadline for material was reached on Wednesday night.

Just a thought

On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 1:46 AM, Jefferson said:

It is not the paper's fault.

But if the paper isn't happy, what's to stop them adding a page with expanded form? However, all the papers are monopolies, so customer service isn't that important, I guess.

17 minutes ago, Peter Harrop said:

But if the paper isn't happy, what's to stop them adding a page with expanded form? However, all the papers are monopolies, so customer service isn't that important, I guess.

It will be when circulation starts dropping through the floor Peter.....along with advertising revenue.....;)

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

It will be when circulation starts dropping through the floor Peter.....along with advertising revenue.....;)

THEY PROBABLY HAVE A COUPLE OF CARDS TO PLAY AS YET, BEFORE IT REACHES THAT STAGE...e.g

REDUNDANCIES, RESHUFFLING HOURS, SO NO FULL TIME JOBS EXIST!

AND THEN HECK... GAME ON FROM THERE.

IF THEY ONLY REALISED HOW MANY READERS THEY HAVE LOST IN THE LAST DECADE, PENNY PINCHING

I HAVN,T BROUGHT A DOMINION FOR YEARS (SINCE FORM AND VIDEO,S ON NZTR WEBSITE HAVE BECOME SO GOOD). 

What about those annoying (IMO ) Auto liftouts about 15 odd pages of material that could be covered in 3 pages.

Insider , sorry to disappoint you but I am widely read and my reference to New Orleans is based on Non=Fiction , and my passport has never entered USA but many months in Europe.

Hears to the Herald and TAB    

One of the most important pieces of information is gear changes.

The Australians have a separate area dedicated to any changes to gear on the day. The TAB have never done this as far as I know. Nothing upsets punters more than a horse winning, and the presenter telling them  "shades on today did the trick..."   

:angry:

Randwick Gear Changes

Race 1
1.Astern Synthetic Hoof Filler First Time
Race 2
2.Tatoosh Blinkers First Time
7.Data Point Nose Roll Off
Race 3
2.Auvray (FR) Blinkers First Time, Tongue Tie First Time
Race 4
10.Steakandbearnaise (NZ) Visors First Time
19.Another Rush Cross-over Nose Band Off, Tongue Tie First Time
Race 5
** All Clear **  
Race 6
12.Sparkle Blinkers Back On
Race 7
5.Sovereign Nation Lugging Bit Back On
11.Oh So Splendido (NZ) Approved Race Plates (Front) First Time, Concussion Plates (Front) Off
Race 8
** All Clear **  
Race 9
6.First Seal Blinkers First Time
13.Rudy Blinkers Back On
Race 10
5.Daisy's Joy Winkers Off
11.Shanakee (NZ) Blinkers Back On

12 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

You would certainly have to look to find that info Pickel...any newbies wouldn't have a clue it existed.

Most would use the field page showing dividends...none of this info is shown there.

Agree Ohokaman, have been punting on the TAB website since I stopped buying Infomant...(friday flash before that), Dominion Liftout

was passable for the $1 odd cost.

I wasn,t even aware all the form was available Pickel (I use,' watch and bet' page with divs,form and ability to place bets).

HOWEVER...THANKS PICKEL...will open a new tab up the top of computer window for each meeting I,m betting on for Extended racebook form.

Go on     TAB.CO,NZ    look underr, are you in?  click "Racing"  next line down, click, "Racing form"  Wallah... Click and play.

Cheers Pickle.

Pickel , am fully aware of all this and have been printing it out when I go to the races for probably 10 years.

The old liftout data was very useful and convenient........ the TAB info presents too much info and makes " clarity " challenging if that makes any sense. I was keen on the odds that were posted to the right of the listed jockey prior to the FF odds opening.

Working on a quaddie at Riverton from my Auckland base is just a raffle as the form doesn't mean that much but I used the odds as a guide with reasonable success . So for me those odds have been removed and are not available anywhere else at any price. 

If there is difficulty at Riverton or Motukoara what bloody hope have we got at Port Kembla or Darwin.

There is certainly a groundswell of discontent ..........going by the radio comments but Monopolies behave indifferently to customers desires.

Whoever came up with the new format certainly has no bloody idea of what the readers enjoyed and bought the paper for, nor was I sent

another survey. I will probably shift my betting offshore in reaction to this gross arrogance.

Yes , just bring back the old format.

Could I suggest that if you really do have to have a bet at Lismore , Ballarat or Darwin dogs that you could be the minority and could for others sake look it up on the Aussie media ( which will probably tell you what it had for breakfast ).

Even the Sunday News didn't have the fields for New Plymouth Trots today ( Sunday ).

I note that the new format info is Copyright protected by "Racing Information Services Australia PTY Ltd " and  " Thoroughbred Racing SA Ltd " so clearly the source of much of it if not all , which would account for maybe why Dogs and minor Aussie meetings get equal coverage.