RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Yankiwi

It has been noticed

At the Addington meet last Tuesday (22/03), during race #3, the live video showed a view from behind the traps just prior to boxing which clearly showed a handler deliberately sliding the rug on their charge forward. Below is a photo just after they jumped.

image002.jpg.67a89d05e336c5dc8943ae371b2

87.1 Any person (including an Official) commits an offence if he/she:
z. tampers with any rug, Muzzle or other item used on a Greyhound, or uses any substance or item to affect the performance of a Greyhound or Greyhounds;

Prior to seeing this instance, I remembered I had seen a few dogs going around Addington recently with their rugs out of place.

After a brief investigation, I easily located 2 other similar occasions, both from the same kennel.

image003.jpg.239c9342f1ba552635d5c8448ca

image005.jpg.f97fe1072c9099383ac5b115e0b

I'm not sure what the reason for this "adjustment" is being made for, but I believe it is in breach of rule 87.1.z.

It should stop now, aye?

It's been going on a lot longer that I thought it had.

In hindsight, I probably should have taken it straight to the RIU instead firing a RaceCafe warning shot, but haven't as of yet.

This completes my one off warning.

It had better magically cease, or I will use another option to see that it gets ceased & likely become costly for the "interested" party/parties.

image001.jpg.03deb1447d257958b6cf9c712b9

image002.jpg.719bb7a5be5eea7393dbda77725

image003.jpg.c1a5b589691717be978370df258

image004.jpg.3fed2291856897c7381b636692b

image005.jpg.b0a1f4e65c69d0683208a62fda4

image006.jpg.242b6db25122d2c0d7064ca49b8

image007.jpg.cfa1bb9d23c3183517cdb5c6915

..Tamper it is not , the handler prefers the rug to be at the front of the dog , there is no rule in greyhound racing that tells you how a rug should be worn , so how is he tampering with it ?.....now if he cut the rug that would be tampering....so if i reajust the muzzle on a dog i am tampering with it.....dont think so.......

Edited by scooby3051
unnecessary sniping..warning

Sorry Hound Fan,

If it's adjusted after the official exam at/near the kennel during race preparation, then yes it is indeed tampering. Otherwise how could the official be ensured that the muzzle/rug is place on the greyhound securely, if it's not the same as when it was inspected?

71.1 A Greyhound shall be retrieved from its allotted kennel by the Handler under the supervision of a person authorised by the Stewards at the time as displayed in the kennels, so as to allow:
g. The examination by an Official to ensure that the Muzzle and the Appropriate Race Rug have been placed on the Greyhound securely so as to prevent its dislodgment during the running of the Race.

What official do you suppose examined and passed the #5's race rug in this configuration? 

image007.jpg.cfa1bb9d23c3183517cdb5c6915

I suggest the "interested" party should be thankful I've chosen to take this approach. I didn't have to.

Do you think noddy or christine read the crap on here. I say not. So maybe a phone call to them would be more proficient yankiwi to get your wish.

But then. How would they know who you are. What job title could you give them so they have a better understanding of what your job is and their infringment .

I say there are bigger and more important things to worry about and discuss on this forum.

But if you feel the need to maybe flick the club an email and they can talk to noddy at the track if they see it as an offense to the rules just to remind them of their obligations.

I'm not gary1, why do you get so angry over nothing. I'm not surprised you condone this though as it always seems to take you or your workers 10-20 second s longer to box your dog than anyone else, now I'm sure that is against the rules, don't throw rocks in a glass house mate

3 minutes ago, Sairy said:

I'm not gary1, why do you get so angry over nothing. I'm not surprised you condone this though as it always seems to take you or your workers 10-20 second s longer to box your dog, don't throw rocks in a glass house mate

Angry over nothing. Well if its nothing. Why raise the apparant issue.

You must be super clean sairy. Seem to know all see all.

We all work hard to make something out of this deteriorating industry and you seem to throw the rocks at us all.

We all want the best for the industry  thats why myself dont worry bout the little petty things but look at the bigger picture 

1 hour ago, mmmyb said:

Angry over nothing. Well if its nothing. Why raise the apparant issue.

You must be super clean sairy. Seem to know all see all.

We all work hard to make something out of this deteriorating industry and you seem to throw the rocks at us all.

We all want the best for the industry  thats why myself dont worry bout the little petty things but look at the bigger picture 

And again what rule has he broken??

3 hours ago, mmmyb said:

Do you think noddy or christine read the crap on here. I say not. So maybe a phone call to them would be more proficient yankiwi to get your wish.

But then. How would they know who you are. What job title could you give them so they have a better understanding of what your job is and their infringment .

I say there are bigger and more important things to worry about and discuss on this forum.

But if you feel the need to maybe flick the club an email and they can talk to noddy at the track if they see it as an offense to the rules just to remind them of their obligations.

I agree. They seem like good honest battlers to me. Do you think Noddy is the only one that does this? Don't think so look at the big time trainers ... do it all the time and who gives a feck anyway

1 hour ago, Hound Fan said:

Here we go again gary one ...i have no workers i have helpers that have no instructions how to box a dog as i ask for there help i do not pay them they can box dogs as they see fit....sad sad mam

At the end of the day, rules are rules, what ever the opinion on this is, yankiwi has pointed out that they have been broken, don't know why you need to take everything so personally. When small issues like these are not sorted out, how are the real issues in the industry meant to get solved

10 hours ago, Sairy said:

At the end of the day, rules are rules, what ever the opinion on this is, yankiwi has pointed out that they have been broken, don't know why you need to take everything so personally. When small issues like these are not sorted out, how are the real issues in the industry meant to get solved

I take it personally because i am a battler.

Noddy and christine are battlers

We work just as hard as anyone else in this sport to try and make a loving. Yet youve got someone spotting every little petty thing wrong thats happening around the country.

Sairy.. earlier you questioned my integrity and called me a cowboy.

Feel free to sit down for a chat at waikato thursday and we can have a decent talk about the integrity of the sport. Which you and i had previously discussed a few weeks back at the hose down bay.

16 minutes ago, mmmyb said:

I take it personally because i am a battler.

Noddy and christine are battlers

We work just as hard as anyone else in this sport to try and make a loving. Yet youve got someone spotting every little petty thing wrong thats happening around the country.

Sairy.. earlier you questioned my integrity and called me a cowboy.

Feel free to sit down for a chat at waikato thursday and we can have a decent talk about the integrity of the sport. Which you and i had previously discussed a few weeks back at the hose down bay.

No, I questioned the sports integrity, it was directed at everyone in the sport. Not just you mmyb or houndfan as it seems most people are not worries about the rules whatsoever. I just do not understand how all of these rules are put in place, yet no one seems to actually have to follow them unless it is for aesthetic purposes like your shirt being tucked in or your pants are not to tight. I just feel as though this needs to change somehow (Also dont know what you are talking about, the last time I was at the track was Auckland cup night)

Dear I say it but if this were Mcinerney or Ahern, I'm sure most people would have been all over it, Ive had said all I need to really, so ill just shut my mouth now as most people seem to be critical of this, sorry if I offended anyone with my comments as a few of them were rather rude and I have asked for the moderators to remove them out of respect

14 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Who the hell do you think you are ?? 

I think (and know) I am a greyhound punter who has risked in excess of $330k over the last 20 months.

Am I wrong for trying to protect my investments (both past & future), when those whom are given of the official task of ensuring integrity, repeatedly fail so miserably to do so?

12 hours ago, it's a ballroom said:

As if anyone really gives a flying fook what you say or think .....

Well said.

Why should anyone listen to people that fund the industry?

10 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

I think (and know) I am a greyhound punter who has risked in excess of $330k over the last 20 months.

Am I wrong for trying to protect my investments (both past & future), when those whom are given of the official task of ensuring integrity, repeatedly fail so miserably to do so?

Well said.

Why should anyone listen to people that fund the industry?

Protecting your investment ? There is no indication that the rug being forward has given the dog an advantage or IMO that it ever would so what gain to you get out of this thread? 

And 330,000 in 20 months that is $4000 a week if you have that much cash why you pissing around posting your crap in here and not enjoying life on your large wage.

I think you are pushing s#it up hill on this one. The trainers adjusting the race rug as in the examples seen on here are doing nothing wrong. Its purely a preference thing. If as a punter this puts you off, back something else. They are NOT breaking any rules, no different to adjusting a muzzle befor boxing. Time for more important issues.

2 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Protecting your investment ? There is no indication that the rug being forward has given the dog an advantage or IMO that it ever would so what gain to you get out of this thread? 

Protecting my investment, yes.

How did investments work out for those who put their money into South Canterbury Finance with blind faith?

Is the rug forward, even so far so as to cover the number, an advantage or a disadvantage? I don't know, but it's not on the greyhound that way it was just 10 seconds before post time when I may have placed my wager on the race. That's exactly why there are rules in place & when they're breached, a punishment follows. Is a punter expected to predict whether a rule will be broken or not as a greyhound slips into the shadows as the door is closed behind it as well & just be ok with it whatever way it turns out?

A Steward is present right behind the boxes as it occurs. A second Steward views the race from both high above & on a video replay. Can they not see that you can't read the number on the side of the rug as it's put in the boxes? Do the Stewards even know what the rules are? Most of the time it seems like they haven't a clue of what they're even supposed to be enforcing.

Oh well, I'll change my tactics for the future, so I don't upset RaceCafe members & you can all have your happy little place back to yourselves.

3 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

And 330,000 in 20 months that is $4000 a week if you have that much cash why you pissing around posting your crap in here and not enjoying life on your large wage.

Don't have to earn a large wage to turn over 4K a week buddy...  

21 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Can I please have the system that gives a four grand positive cash flow each week through punting, would be nice lol 

Theres a big difference between turning over 4K a week and having a 4K positive cash flow... There's oppourtunities every day to make free money on betfair and the TAB, whether you have the time, brain, discipline is another story. 

17 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Protecting my investment, yes.

How did investments work out for those who put their money into South Canterbury Finance with blind faith?

Is the rug forward, even so far so as to cover the number, an advantage or a disadvantage? I don't know, but it's not on the greyhound that way it was just 10 seconds before post time when I may have placed my wager on the race. That's exactly why there are rules in place & when they're breached, a punishment follows. Is a punter expected to predict whether a rule will be broken or not as a greyhound slips into the shadows as the door is closed behind it as well & just be ok with it whatever way it turns out?

A Steward is present right behind the boxes as it occurs. A second Steward views the race from both high above & on a video replay. Can they not see that you can't read the number on the side of the rug as it's put in the boxes? Do the Stewards even know what the rules are? Most of the time it seems like they haven't a clue of what they're even supposed to be enforcing.

Oh well, I'll change my tactics for the future, so I don't upset RaceCafe members & you can all have your happy little place back to yourselves.

You Beauty he has decided to stop his dribble and keep it too himself and his $330,000 turn over will not include any dog from Warren & Christine's kennel , any races where a dogs muzzle is off to the left or right, any dog that handler's socks have spots on them or any other petty little problem he sees fit to not include in his bets.