RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chevy86

Mike Dillon

Correct Ted. Mike has obviously done a lot of research and interviewing about the subject. Perhaps he will write another book! Might get Lisa Cropp to endorse it! Only joking! Seriously Ted I won't be surprised if Lance doesn't renew his licence at the end of this season. I remember him saying at the end of his jockey career - "There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and Lance O'Sullivan will never train horses". 

1 hour ago, gubellini said:

Correct Ted. Mike has obviously done a lot of research and interviewing about the subject. Perhaps he will write another book! Might get Lisa Cropp to endorse it! Only joking! Seriously Ted I won't be surprised if Lance doesn't renew his licence at the end of this season. I remember him saying at the end of his jockey career - "There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and Lance O'Sullivan will never train horses". 

young Brendan Hutton indentured to Lance O'Sullivan is now with Shaun Ritchie according to Shaun himself on the Weighin show. This happened during last week.

10 hours ago, Whyisit said:

young Brendan Hutton indentured to Lance O'Sullivan is now with Shaun Ritchie according to Shaun himself on the Weighin show. This happened during last week.

perhaps Brendan didn't like the taste of that blue stuff in the salt shaker :P joking of course! 

5 minutes ago, nzowner said:

rdytdy i think Dillo is making some very good points same as Shaune and Lee have . Compare the case with the handling in Aussie and see how we handled it i feel RIU need to release a total transcript and explain about how they reached the decisions they did

They have, kind of, it makes no sense, therefore nothings changed in Hobbit Land.

12 minutes ago, nzowner said:

rdytdy i think Dillo is making some very good points same as Shaune and Lee have . Compare the case with the handling in Aussie and see how we handled it i feel RIU need to release a total transcript and explain about how they reached the decisions they did

I never queried that aspect. Usually Dillo is quite sycophantic which is why I raised the query over his motivation on this one.        

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

I never queried that aspect. Usually Dillo is quite sycophantic which is why I raised the query over his motivation on this one.        

Maybe he's finding it hard to find a trainer or two who believes in the portrayed explaination of the trough issue.

I have been to the races in the last eight weeks and haven't come across anybody who believes such.

Could well be, but in the past he been no Barry Lichter when it comes to investigative stories. Just wondered what has spun his wheels this time that is all. If, as Leggy has put it "Mike has upped the testosterone intake and grown some" then hopefully we will see a few more investigative stories in the future on various issues. 

It would be great if NZ journalists actually started regularly reporting with honesty and backbone. Time for accountability and transparency, maybe if the journalists run under that umbrella, more within racing and NZTR might be forced to as well.