RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
legs&lashes

invitation races

30 minutes ago, legs&lashes said:

I am still in disbelief how a bitch that hasn't raced for 10 months can get a start in a race where there is ample recent form.I could understand if it hadn't raced fo a month or possibly 2 but 10!!! Who is responsible for the selections in this race????

AC

yes I agree, and the dog in question raced like it hadnt raced for 10 months

It got my attention too, seeing it in the field.

I must admit it cost me $1/$4 in the FF market, as I figured it must have been trialing sub 25 seconds, or something crazy like that, to receive such a prestigious invitation. I had also thought the club generally made ethical choices, unlike a different north island club seems to always be making. Maybe the said dog just had a bad day. 

Not to worry, more than made up for it in the next race by backing both of the outside two dogs for a win & a place at very nice odds..

At least my far more expensive theory worked out very well in the end. B)

7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

When asked a selector about will Cawbourne Kristy get a start he said never herd of the bitch, this why people in that position need to be un biased and do their homework :(

Who's cawbourne Kristy? Lol

7 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

When asked a selector about will Cawbourne Kristy get a start he said never herd of the bitch, this why people in that position need to be un biased and do their homework :(

I guess theyre unbiased when they havent heard of the dogs nominated. Lol

I think you need to look at grnz again... chch tried to run a bitches only c5 race and were told no from above..so the only way you can run these races is by making them  special condition races....as long as the lois henely memorial has been going it has and i understand will always be selected on club criteria.....Gezz sairy she ran a super race nailed at every point and ran down 2 dogs in the straight.....You sure you arn't gary one because you are starting to sound like him.

1 hour ago, Hound Fan said:

I think you need to look at grnz again... chch tried to run a bitches only c5 race and were told no from above..so the only way you can run these races is by making them  special condition races....as long as the lois henely memorial has been going it has and i understand will always be selected on club criteria.....Gezz sairy she ran a super race nailed at every point and ran down 2 dogs in the straight.....You sure you arn't gary one because you are starting to sound like him.

Only 8L behind the winner, would have been lucky to break 26.30

33 minutes ago, Sairy said:

Only 8L behind the winner, would have been lucky to break 26.30

no need to get angry over the truth and start making false accusations, the only reason why your dog beat 2 home was because the 2 dogs were tripping over one another, im sure the two dogs on the res bench could have been alot more competitive in that race

8 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

I think you need to look at grnz again...

as long as the lois henely memorial has been going it has and i understand will always be selected on club criteria

I think you need to look at the rule book again.

The Lois Henley Memorial is an invitational race, which the the field is selected solely at the clubs discretion.

51.4 INVITATION RACE – This is a Race which provides for a Club to invite any Greyhound graded at C1 and above to compete. All classes have equal rights for inclusion. Invitation Races are penalty free.

Therefore, the club can choose any greyhound, graded C1 or higher, that they wish to fill the field.

That could be done in countless ways, if they so choose.

• Dogs only
  • Bitches only
  • Brindle only
  • Only greyhounds that wear blinkers
  • Only greyhounds with an apostrophe in their name
  • Only greyhounds that have returned a positive swab at some time in their career.
  • Only greyhounds who's trainers last name starts with the same letter as the selectors last name.
  • So on.....

For just a bit of history, the selection process which was used this year did not utilise normal club selection criteria.

https://www.thedogs.co.nz/catch-the-action/12077/result-detail.aspx

The grading for the entrants was as follows.

#1 C5
#2 C5
#3 C4
#4 C5
#5 C5
#6 C4
#7 C5
#8 C5

Reserves
(Let's Go Lettie) C4
(Rock Lass) C5 

Therefore, Rock Lass had a higher grade than both the #3 & #6 at the time nominations closed and was not selected.

With that, it means it's time for you to learn a new understanding, if you want to be accurate, of how the Lois Henley Memorial "has and i understand will always be selected on club criteria".