RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Trump

Peter Moody - a real man's man

What a finale, winning a G1 with his little bulldog, Flamberge, on his last racing day as a trainer. A great bloke, one of the good guys, cut down by the tall poppy cutters ! He has gone out in style, full of appreciation for the Industry, fellow trainers, the industry, his staff etc. A class departure and totally unwarranted. A sad day for racing but, as Peter said, the game will move on and upwards. 

Midget last warning, there is NO need for personal attacks, you made your point end it!!!

I agree a sad loss to the industry, a good guy a bloody good trainer and racing is the poorer for losing him.

Anyway whats done is done, be it right or wrong, lets not get down in the gutter here.

Leigh

12 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Midget last warning, there is NO need for personal attacks, you made your point end it!!!

I agree a sad loss to the industry, a good guy a bloody good trainer and racing is the poorer for losing him.

Anyway whats done is done, be it right or wrong, lets not get down in the gutter here.

Leigh

So you're happy to allow the ignorant to continue to stab him in the back on this site when all the evidence says he's not guilty of any major transgression other than arguably sloppy housekeeping with regard to stable management.

Peter will come back, but it will be in a much smaller way. He will be training only for himself and friends.

He will be highly successful quality wise, strike rate wise, etc etc. In fact his stable will be exceptional in very which way, except size. 

Peter indicated at an address that I attended in January last year, that one day that would be the direction he would take. 

I believe the reversal of his decision last weekend has facilitated this happening sooner rather than later. 

After a short holiday, a recharge of the batteries you watch it all happen!

We sponsored a race at Moonee Valley the night Black Caviar beat Here de Angeles......I remember our table was at the back of the room and only those who recognised greatness bothered to go outside to watch the race, the way she cruised past the leaders that night didn't tell the story that was to unfold. I'd like to, and will, remember that mare as the greatest.......leaving Moody out of it, Vic racing and the crowds provide great theatre, if only we could replicate it here, the Christmas crowds gave me encouragement, before I die I'd give anything to see crowds like we get to the rugby back at the races, if we go to see great rugby teams, why can't we go to see great racehorses..?

I've known PM "before" he became the master trainer he is today. He's eaten at my table and is a knockabout character. It's a crying shame it has come to this but he's made his decision and with the Melb winter coming up, it's not a bad time to have a break ! I only wish he'd use the time off to give up his beloved "bungers"!

I find it quite sad that PM gets his life upturned over mismanagement and with 300 horses on your books that is very easy to happen. The Nazis that is the racing Judiciary have harsher penalties than we have in our society. I think law makers should look to the racing industry to see how they can cut down on crime.

Sitting outside looking in they not only penalize the trainer but the owners the staff and a number of other people down the food chain. Owners now have to find new trainers, staff new jobs you think he had killed someone.

Good bloke, measured in his opinions and a quality Victorian which I myself can relate to. Hope this is the catalyst for a new and freshened career. Good point about his staff and the dependents they have in their households, the ripple effect of this judgement will be far felt.

7 hours ago, Midget said:

So you're happy to allow the ignorant to continue to stab him in the back on this site when all the evidence says he's not guilty of any major transgression other than arguably sloppy housekeeping with regard to stable management.

I think I have been very fair it is you who always has to play the man not the issue, so what if you don't know who you are debating with they are allowed an opinion too, and just because its not the same as yours that does not mean they can not have one and that because they have a differing opinion you need to call them all the names under the sun. It aint happening and you have been warned many times so its your own fault what this has lead to.

We all know which side of the argument you are on, but there is always two sides to every story, and the site will always try to get BOTH sides out.

Scooby.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

I think I have been very fair it is you who always has to play the man not the issue, so what if you don't know who you are debating with they are allowed an opinion too, and just because its not the same as yours that does not mean they can not have one and that because they have a differing opinion you need to call them all the names under the sun. It aint happening and you have been warned many times so its your own fault what this has lead to.

We all know which side of the argument you are on, but there is always two sides to every story, and the site will always try to get BOTH sides out.

Scooby.

Has Midget been banned? If so which one? 

18 minutes ago, hesi said:

???????????

If so, then it has to be Midget(Kevin Morton), which seems unfair

One of the dangers of allowing someone to use your account

Hess I wish for once you would mind your own business you really are starting to annoy me.