RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
scooby3051

Etiquette

There have been a couple of very contentious threads on here recently, and I di what i thought was the right thing by locking them as they we defending into school yard stuff with name calling and such.

here is my question what do posters who posted and others think, should the name calling and personal attacks be allowed on here, or should we try to keep the site above that wth good healthy debate unlike some other sites with a similar audience...

Please feel free to comment... I want to know what the majority thinks.

I think you know my feelings but I am keen to get feedback.

Leigh

13 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

There have been a couple of very contentious threads on here recently, and I di what i thought was the right thing by locking them as they we defending into school yard stuff with name calling and such.

here is my question what do posters who posted and others think, should the name calling and personal attacks be allowed on here, or should we try to keep the site above that wth good healthy debate unlike some other sites with a similar audience...

Please feel free to comment... I want to know what the majority thinks.

I think you know my feelings but I am keen to get feedback.

Leigh

You did the right thing Leigh in that last instance that was bringing the site to the gutter level .I thought Ashoka had the better of Midget hands down with his uptake of things.But there was no need to stoop that far by Midget although the subject matter had been brought up before .Midget did get donations from this site to help with his NZTR case he needs to remember that.

As it is mostly the same people on both sites, it hardly makes a difference.

But if you fail to allow some people to have an opinion, while others lambast away to all and sundry, then you open yourself up to favouritism.

And that's just as ugly ...

24 minutes ago, Yorkielad said:

As it is mostly the same people on both sites, it hardly makes a difference.

But if you fail to allow some people to have an opinion, while others lambast away to all and sundry, then you open yourself up to favouritism.

And that's just as ugly ...

I think I try to be fair in that aspect.Its sometimes not easy to do, as no matter what you do you will be criticised. I don't agree with you, I think it does make a difference, I believe if it gets into the gutter a lot of people 1wont post, and 2 will stop visiting the site.

JMHO

Some great content on your threads however sometimes i feel i cant put a opinion up as I might get lombastered by certain folk maybe i'm been a bit precious but name calling and insults don't sit well with me as i say some bloody good factual infomation and robust conversation comes through on here but it doesn't need to be ridiculed. 

Family feuds are the bitterest and civil wars are the most bloody. We have to remember that whilst some of us are overly sensitive, opinionated and hell bent on defending notions we know are essentially wrong at the core we are all very similar and have an interest and passion for a small, dying industry which is taking up less and less newspaper space by the week. At least the fact we are here talking about what most others don't care to talk about because they see racing as irrelevant shows something positive. Maybe a closed section where only hardened members are allowed to debate and view contentious or controversial topics away from the view of the public, somewhere where anything goes but only certain people have access to.

When you blog you're using this vehicle to publish your views.

As a publisher Cafe has obligations, and the first obligation is to ensure that what's published is correct ( unless it's satire etc )

When contributors post material that's either incorrect, or really stupid ( that's the majority here ) they should be ridiculed and insulted because they're really stupid, and both God and Darwin wanted stupid people to be ridiculed and eviscerated.

If they weren't meant to be subjected to ridicule why would they live in Rangiora or Australia, why would they follow the gypsy code, join the Masonic Lodge, eat McDonalds, listen to Hosking, watch woman's sport, wear knitted cardigans, drive Holdens, or vote Labour ?

It's Darwinism at its best, the subspecies and natures generic malfunctions getting what they deserve.

The pity is that we can't see the bastards bleed and cry when they get flogged on here, and on that basis I propose we crowd fund a small village square somewhere so I can tie the the mental midgets to a pole and flog some intelligence and common sense into the scum bags and human detritus for our joint entertainment.

Sort of like Raqqa meets Rangiora, and I'm the drone overhead with the Hellfire misses locked and loaded to fry the bastards.

Actually let's create two venues, one near Matamata, one in Rangiora, to reduce travel costs for the imbeciles.

Enough is enough, let me flog the filth without mercy, that's how the dynamics of life were meant to be.

I don't know who you are Midget but you are so level headed that s**t dribbles evenly out of both sides of your mouth. At the same time I find your posts oddly entertaining with your angry rants and how you paint amusing word pictures which I like, especially graphic images of violating farm animals. Don't ever change

8 minutes ago, Canelo said:

I don't know who you are Midget but you are so level headed that s**t dribbles evenly out of both sides of your mouth. At the same time I find your posts oddly entertaining with your angry rants and how you paint amusing word pictures which I like, especially graphic images of violating farm animals. Don't ever change

Eva Braun found Hitler slightly amusing too, he was a tiger in bed although according to the latest data, he had a tiny penis, so, dangerous bastards are those that believe their own bullshit [as I've alluded to many times] Hitler was one of those and yet wrote a best seller, the adjudicators at Nuremberg got it right Scooby, so do the right thing, not only in your own mind, but as the majority vote.

52 minutes ago, Midget said:

If they weren't meant to be subjected to ridicule why would they live in Rangiora or Australia, why would they follow the gypsy code, join the Masonic Lodge, eat McDonalds, listen to Hosking, watch woman's sport, wear knitted cardigans, drive Holdens, or vote Labour ?

Those of us blessed with above average intelligence, that's me and Hedley, have a moral obligation to ridicule the majority on here, the resident idiots ( most of whom have a K in their name oddly enough ), 

I can totally agree with the first part of this rant,but take offence with the 2nd in reference to having a K in his/hers name,thank God there isn't another K in my surname.

Midget Snr

1 hour ago, Midget said:

As a publisher Cafe has obligations, and the first obligation is to ensure that what's published is correct ( unless it's satire etc )

When contributors post material that's either incorrect, or really stupid ( that's the majority here ) they should be ridiculed and insulted because they're really stupid, and both God and Darwin wanted stupid people to be ridiculed and eviscerated.

Those of us blessed with above average intelligence, that's me and Hedley, have a moral obligation to ridicule the majority on here, the resident idiots ( most of whom have a K in their name oddly enough ), so they become so demoralized they are consumed by self doubt, then they don't thus breed, unless it's with their own hand or a farm animal, or they do even more stupid things because being told the truth about themselves hurts their feelings really badly, and they disappear into oblivion, or Bolivia, WGAF ?, anywhere but here.

It's Darwinism at its best, the subspecies and natures generic malfunctions getting what they deserve.

The pity is that we can't see the bastards bleed and cry when they get flogged on here, and on that basis I propose we crowd fund a small village square somewhere so I can tie the the mental midgets to a pole and flog some intelligence and common sense into the scum bags and human detritus for our joint entertainment.

Sort of like Raqqa meets Rangiora, and I'm the drone overhead with the Hellfire misses locked and loaded to fry the bastards.

Actually let's create two venues, one near Matamata, one in Rangiora, to reduce travel costs for the imbeciles.

You Scooby should stop protecting the filth, and I note the saliva dripping off my iPad every time I open it as one of those lobotomised residents with a large K or two in his name tries to lick and suck himself into favour with you in the faint hope that you'll wrap your big strong arms around the miserable prick to protect the flaccid penis that he is, and to stop me giving him exactly what he deserves.

Enough is enough, let me flog the filth without mercy, that's how the dynamics of life were meant to be.

Ironic on the etiquette thread!

There is a very simple way to determine when a thread has run its course or requires closing. As soon as Godwin's Law applies close the thread. This one should have been closed after Biff's contribution.

Guest 2Admin2
17 minutes ago, kakama said:

Maybe we all need to post our real names on this site?  That way if anyone is offended by what someone says, they can take it further if they wish?

That's not how it works on RaceCafe.  You are welcome to post your real name if you wish.

Guest 2Admin2

Look everyone is it the extra chocolate or hot cross buns some of you are eating at the moment?  Can you all lighten up a bit?  I for one find it tiresome to have to moderate every shitty post that Cafers are posting.  

Now my view on the Wexford and Moody cases is that they have both gone through a process that anyone with any knowledge of that process would understand is not all that nice.  Due process has been done and the outcomes are known.  You can agree or disagree with those outcomes but they are what they are.  For those of you that have resorted to innuendo to infer that they are protected species or "untouchables" need to move on.  The process and the rules as they stand may not be perfect but they are what they are.  I've been informed that in the course of time more information will come to light, particularly new science (most of you are not qualified to comment in that area) that will shed a different light on matters.  However that time has yet to come.

So when I see posters making outlandish unsupported accusations against individuals without solid supporting information will have their posts in the first instance hidden from view.

Some of you need to stop taking some of the posts that display humour or satire so seriously.  Take a breath, have a cuppa and get back to the debating the issues.  Afterall apparently all Jesus said was "I'm going away Friday back Monday."  Just imagine the subsequent social media discussion on what really happened.

2 hours ago, Midget said:

Those of us blessed with above average intelligence, that's me and Hedley, have a moral obligation to ridicule the majority on here, the resident idiots ( most of whom have a K in their name oddly enough ), so they become so demoralized they are consumed by self doubt, then they don't thus breed, unless it's with their own hand or a farm animal, or they do even more stupid things because being told the truth about themselves hurts their feelings really badly, and they disappear into oblivion, or Bolivia, WGAF ?, anywhere but here.

You Scooby should stop protecting the filth, and I note the saliva dripping off my iPad every time I open it as one of those lobotomised residents with a large K or two in his name tries to lick and suck himself into favour with you in the faint hope that you'll wrap your big strong arms around the miserable prick to protect the flaccid penis that he is, and to stop me giving him exactly what he deserves.

"Live in ( or near) Rangiora..? Have K in their name...??"   You bastard Midget........:P

If we believe in him we are made righteous. He is wonderful, ommipotent, omniscient, omnipresent saviour of this heavenly domain, this utopian paradise of Racecafe. He who sits atop his throne of judgement seperating the wheat from the tares and the sheep from the goats, those who do not believe shall be cast into eternal darkness where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth. Praise the name of our saviour Midget aka Jeshua, Prince of Peace, Almighty One, Emannuel, Morning Star, Everlasting King Amen