RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hound Fan

tetesterone

On kiwi dogz we have a trainer admitting to using tetesterone on there trial dogs...sorry they should get out now,,,,why?? it is illegal wether you use it on trial dogs or not maybe it is more rampant than we know....sheep tetestrone is not swabable but it is preformance inhancing.......chezz time to get of this boat it is sinking 

14 minutes ago, Hound Fan said:

On kiwi dogz we have a trainer admitting to using tetesterone on there trial dogs...sorry they should get out now,,,,why?? it is illegal wether you use it on trial dogs or not maybe it is more rampant than we know....sheep tetestrone is not swabable but it is preformance inhancing.......chezz time to get of this boat it is sinking 

There's is nothing in the rulebook that says you can't use it as long as your dog is below levels on race day. From what I can tell. All banned substance s are fine to use as long as it is not in the dog race day (unless that subsitance is illegal)

11 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Yes, i saw that and found it disturbing. I do not condone anabolic steroids being given to Greyhounds in or out of competition especially for the purpose of trying to get them to chase, or put mongrel into them. I took from what i read, this was the purpose for using steroids.

If your only issue with me is that I've given a testosterone injection to a dog, whilst it wasn't racing, under vets advice and supervision. Then I can live with that.

I don't have access to testosterone, it's not something I've done regularly, and not a decision  I made lightly. 

Feel free to come over and meet my "mongrel" dog. She's really quite lovely.

Edited to add the bitch that I'm referring to had it over a year ago, so not longstockings as I'm guessing aquaman  will think  it probbaly was 

No, Long Stockings never crossed my mind, but now that you mention it, an argument could be made for her. Steroids have there place in medicine, and used correctly, no problem. But i must admit, they have no place in healthy racing stock. I could see where you are coming from in regards to hair testing, and how long it would remain detectable.