RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

$1.70 Winx to win v $1.73 Turn Me Loose to place??.....

7 minutes ago, turny said:

Chris is 5 from 5 - a professional tipster - odds small but you collect

I got the distinct impression from a previous thread that Chris worked a job. For mine a professional would derive there living from the activity. Still I doesn't really matter what I think either. 

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

I believe CT is an honourable man. I took it from his posts that a place bet on TML was his option. He will no doubt confirm.    

Indeed Ted. I thought the mare was the best horse in the race but 3 chances at $1.80 a place from TML was a safer betting option.

TML over raced after being ridden aggressively for the first 400m out of the barrier (Opie was unable to settle him once he got the lead) and was a spent force when they quickened at the top of the straight. First start right handed could also have been a factor in his defeat.

Got this one wrong boys but was happy to see the super mare continue her domination.

You'd have to say if she wins the Queen Elizabeth she'll be very close to be mentioned in the same breath as Sunline (even more so if she picks up the Doncaster on the way)

17 hours ago, turny said:

You picked it Chris - easy money

Not quite Tom. I thought the super mare was the best horse in the race but thought TML was the safer betting option for a place. I'm happy to be proven wrong on this occasion ;)

10 minutes ago, turny said:

I framed her 2.60 ,Chris and TML 2.40 TP place - Winx was always a home run for me - Sydney trips many first up 

10 minutes ago, turny said:

I framed her 2.60 ,Chris and TML 2.40 TP place - Winx was always a home run for me - Sydney trips many first up 

Absolutely Tom. Some horses aren't as tractable the Sydney way of going. Northerly is the best example I can think of in this regard. Then again you get a horse like The United States or Tarzino who both won very well at their Sydney debuts yesterday. 

Its definitely an important factor which must be considered if you're having a punt for sure.

16 minutes ago, turny said:

I was happy with USA - had good win multi into Strata Cavalla to place in the Oaks then win into Winx  - super result for my 25 outlay

Nice work Tom 

1 hour ago, turny said:

I was happy with USA - had good win multi into Strata Cavalla to place in the Oaks then win into Winx  - super result for my 25 outlay

I don't understand - you framed Winx at $2.60 yet you backed her at well less than that??  

Congrats on your collect but in the long run not a great strategy to back horses paying a lot less than you think they should be.