RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Eagle Eye

NZ Derby

Heat 1:

1) Kava Blu
2) Solarian

Heat 2

1) Artic Action
2) Nangar Star

Heat 3

1) Know hero
2) Opawa Kevin

Heat 4

1) Opawa Norris
2) Know Decision/Oscar Tron

Heat 5

1) Absinthe Mnded
2) Firemans Galaxy

As for the fastest times, your pick is as good as mine

Yes, a great final. I see 5 NZ breeds make it through. Congratulations to those breeders and owners, and especially to the southern most ones Gorgina and Roy Hamilton. Is this the first time a Southern dog has made the final of the NZ Derby, i cannot think of any, correct me if i'm wrong. Nothing finished better than Southern Lights, and will only improve for the final.

NZ breeding at the top end has come on leaps and bounds through having the NZRS races, these need to be increased both in number and value.

2 hours ago, aquaman said:

Yes, a great final. I see 5 NZ breeds make it through. Congratulations to those breeders and owners, and especially to the southern most ones Gorgina and Roy Hamilton. Is this the first time a Southern dog has made the final of the NZ Derby, i cannot think of any, correct me if i'm wrong. Nothing finished better than Southern Lights, and will only improve for the final.

NZ breeding at the top end has come on leaps and bounds through having the NZRS races, these need to be increased both in number and value.

Southern lights led and got run down. Still a great run. I'd say the box draws will dictate much of this race, why I have gone with nangar star in final (4kiwi breeds made it through, with three of them being opawa dogs)

9 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but Southern Lights was finishing over the top, and clearly first to the bunny. Was i seeing things?.

Still lead and got run down by first corner, wouldn't want to do that in the final as their will be some quick dogs early and his lack of mid-race pace can be costly at a track like Cambridge, especially if top prosecutor draws inside him

I'm surprised at the massive price difference between Kava Blu and Top Prosecutor based on their heat runs and the improvement I'd expect out of each dog. $1.7 compared to $8 is quite tempting as long as he jumps a bit better this week. 

On 3/17/2016 at 11:26 AM, aquaman said:

Cambridge is a swoopers track, Southern Lights will finish better than Nangar Star as he did last night.

and it looked like a swoopers track tonight XD with so many front runners getting run down XD

11 hours ago, Sairy said:

and it looked like a swoopers track tonight XD with so many front runners getting run down XD

Didn't see the Derby, power cut in Nth Canterbury, see Nangar Star won though so well picked Sairy. Wouldn't have a clue what you mean by XD?.