RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Breeder

Gavelhouse

I read where NZB are going to launch an online auction called Gavelhouse (obviously this is in response to the Aussie online auction intending to start here).Have NZB bought out the Gavelhouse site and if so will they continue to operate the option of online sales of individual horses?

NZB have bought Gavelhouse NZ and first auction in April.  Hayley Martin has come back to NZ to run it.  Existing horses advertised on Gavelhouse get free entry for first auction to go live.  Photo's to be in by this week.  The Australian site have been ringing for business also and seem very proactive.  It is advertised on Hedwood Thoroughbreds Ltd Facebook page - scroll down to it.

It does look good. Now with two decent looking online auction sites should be able to find a horse at short notice when needed. My biggest concern is vendors not meeting the market, last week on bloodstockauction there were quite a few pass in's and it instantly made me lose a bit of interest.Horses are only worth what people are willing to pay for them.

1 hour ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

It does look good. Now with two decent looking online auction sites should be able to find a horse at short notice when needed. My biggest concern is vendors not meeting the market, last week on bloodstockauction there were quite a few pass in's and it instantly made me lose a bit of interest.Horses are only worth what people are willing to pay for them.

Absolutely Aaron, people don't realise that the market judges what something is worth. Retail in NZ is a perfect example. Margins, gauging, and the retailer is so so defensive. In the 80's when I was selling horses in Asia I learnt a valuable lesson, always leave something in it for the next person!

14 minutes ago, Lloyd Vivian said:

I passed both mine in Aaron and subsequently sold one by negotiation - the other I have on here again and lowered the reserve to a fraction of my costs. I'm hopeful he will sell to someone who will give him a fair shot at success; he's a lovely colt.

Bravo Lloyd, good luck to you, shame you had to lower your reserve, but you are a realist, and I hope someone worthy buys your fella.

Lloyd  --I assume you were selling on the Aussie owned auction site ( now running an NZ specific auction ) as I see the Gavelhouse site has it's first auction on April 25 or have I got something wrong ?

Not sure your point is Barryb re lot 39. Clearly the buyer wanted it and had to keep bidding until the reserve was met. They could have made a stab at what they thought the reserve was and increased their bid substantially but they decided to make several smaller steps until the reserve was met.

I agree with you that some of the reserves were in dreamland.

I really like the bloodstockauctions site. Some realistic vendors  so ended buying a horse at each of the first two auctions. Problem it's abit addictive  and almost secured two more last night without the better half knowing ! There's something for everyone I think  such a welcome addition.

On 28 April 2016 at 8:57 PM, puha said:

I really like the bloodstockauctions site. Some realistic vendors  so ended buying a horse at each of the first two auctions. Problem it's abit addictive  and almost secured two more last night without the better half knowing ! There's something for everyone I think  such a welcome addition.

Shoot the count has risen to 5 now . Someone please ban me from the sites! :)