RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
henry30

Auckland Cup...TV coverage!!!!

First of all congratulations to Phillip Devcich, El Soldado and Daryl Bradley on the fantastic win of the Auckland Cup. Great to see a small guy win one of our major races.

Now the moan............I thought the whole point of having 2 racing channels was so that we could hear post race interviews etc...immediately post race without having to immediately cross to coverage of an Aus race!!  What we actually got told was... use your my sky decoder and watch at 8.30pm. 

............Surely if we want to increase peoples interest in Premier NZ meetings the TV coverage on at least one channel should focus on that meeting!

........... If a "Class 1" (and YES I HATE the Class system) had won would the same have occurred!!!!!

To the connections of the winning horse WELL DONE...BLOODY FANTASTIC....you deserved better than the shocking coverage that you got.

4 hours ago, henry30 said:

I thought the whole point of having 2 racing channels was so that we could hear post race interviews etc...immediately post race without having to immediately cross to coverage of an Aus race!!  

That was the point.

The coverage went from excellent (over the top, even) for the warm up races when Ellerslie and Waverley alone were covered, to incoherent when coverage of Flemington and Rosehill cramped out full coverage of the big Ellerslie races. 

If the NZRB has some contractual obligation to show Australian meetings, the crap fields at Waverley (quantity and quality) would have justified that meeting being covered only by Trackside 2 once the Aussie meetings started.  Hopefully Ellerslie will have the day to itself next season.

12 minutes ago, Scotch Thistle said:

That was the point.

The coverage went from excellent (over the top, even) for the warm up races when Ellerslie and Waverley alone were covered, to incoherent when coverage of Flemington and Rosehill cramped out full coverage of the big Ellerslie races. 

If the NZRB has some contractual obligation to show Australian meetings, the crap fields at Waverley (quantity and quality) would have justified that meeting being covered only by Trackside 2 once the Aussie meetings started.  Hopefully Ellerslie will have the day to itself next season.

Mate they had the Trots and 6 other meets from Oz on 2.You galloping people want everything.

I was more than happy with the coverage. The Waverley fields were so appalling I even slipped over to the other channel and had a bet on the Southland trots earlier on.

The Auckland fields were hardly good enough to justify the day to themselves as suggested above. Most people who enjoy quality racing enjoy watching Sydney and Melbourne.

7 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I was more than happy with the coverage. The Waverley fields were so appalling I even slipped over to the other channel and had a bet on the Southland trots earlier on.

The Auckland fields were hardly good enough to justify the day to themselves as suggested above. Most people who enjoy quality racing enjoy watching Sydney and Melbourne.

Yep Sydney and Melbourne fields so much superior.I mean you only have to look at cup and winner probably wouldnt even get start in Mulliambwillah stakes in oz.

53 minutes ago, Scotch Thistle said:

Then everyone would be moaning that they changed channels mid card. 

1 hour ago, kakama said:

Watched TV1 news tonight, had article on castle point races!! Even Kev Myers was having a chat! Good on him, seems pretty happy guy.

Might be on the come back, it been a long time.