RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Turny

CT anything worth backing

4 hours ago, turny said:

Chris, any late mail for Melbourne tomorrow - Weir has an interesting team going round - anything over the odds 

Not sure about over the odds Tom but Weir's Stratum Star is the bet of the day in the Blamey tomorrow.

Good luck if you have a punt ;)

Don't know where the three come from this was you quote...

Not sure about over the odds Tom but Weir's Stratum Star is the bet of the day in the Blamey tomorrow.

Bet of the day no less... but like someone else says... some things never change.

22 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Don't know where the three come from this was you quote...

Bet of the day no less... but like someone else says... some things never change.

I laid the favourite Xtravagant in the Guineas (finished 8th) & picked Tarzino (finished 2nd paying $2.50 a place).

Stratum Star finished 3rd today paying $1.30 for a place.

That's 3 picks for 3 returns Leigh. ;)

2 hours ago, turny said:

I am happy - good result for me on a big place multi

All good Tom. I popped in to the TAB on my break and saw the race. They ran it at break neck speed which set it up for the swoopers but he still ran on well. 

Looks like a few favourites got rolled today. Chatauqua would have cost a few.

17 minutes ago, CT said:

I laid the favourite Xtravagant in the Guineas (finished 8th) & picked Tarzino (finished 2nd paying $2.50 a place).

Stratum Star finished 3rd today paying $1.30 for a place.

That's 3 picks for 3 returns Leigh. ;)

Same as always... Chris horse stopper... only you could spin your bet of the day getting beaten as a win....ROFL... you are good sport anyway... just taking the piss...cheers.

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Didn't you also tip something by Zabeel out of a handy mare that only ran second CT ?

Correct Kotare. Divan ran 2nd paying $1.50 a place.

That's 4 tips and 4 collects. ;)

15 hours ago, Memphis2 said:

Crikey tipped $1.50 place shots is hardly tipping old mate. 

My dog could do that:D

It's taken me 20 odd years to realise that place betting is the way to go Memphis!

If I'd backed every horse I'd ever punted the place I'd probably have enough to buy half a dozen houses now. 

A 30% return on a $1.30 place chance is better than a 0% return for the same horse to win when it runs 2nd or 3rd.

If only I'd followed this advice back in Waikato Uni days but better later than never! 

^_^

Chris all said in a nutshell I took a 50 multi on 3 horses on Sat at Melbourne 2 Weir horses and a Waterhouse pony - invested 50 - collect 325 - free dinner out Saturday nite with 200 change - up 150 - not bad

34 minutes ago, turny said:

Chris all said in a nutshell I took a 50 multi on 3 horses on Sat at Melbourne 2 Weir horses and a Waterhouse pony - invested 50 - collect 325 - free dinner out Saturday nite with 200 change - up 150 - not bad

Nice one Tom. Weir has really come of age as a trainer the last couple of years. 

I was happy his horse won the Guineas to back up his Cup triumph. 

I was in the local pub after golf last Sat. Went in to take a few multis with Felicienne at Flemington, as a good friend of mine shares in the ownership - including said trainer D Weir.  Ran into a friend who had been there for 3 races and backed 3 losers. I suggested he get on board and back Felicienne at 10/1 which he put his $20 on the nose. Then I suggested he join me in a Tri and F4, anchoring Felicienne on top. He came in and bingo!! Beaut Tri at $680+ and huge F4. I have to admit that the riderless horse was causing us some concern! Ran into his wife today at the Supermarket and she was a Very happy wife - he must have given her his winnings the idiot! Don't you just love racing and having a punt ! Darren has the knack of having his horses ready for the races he targets. It's no wonder that Signoff is the best backed runner in this years Melb Cup. 

17 hours ago, Trump said:

I was in the local pub after golf last Sat. Went in to take a few multis with Felicienne at Flemington, as a good friend of mine shares in the ownership - including said trainer D Weir.  Ran into a friend who had been there for 3 races and backed 3 losers. I suggested he get on board and back Felicienne at 10/1 which he put his $20 on the nose. Then I suggested he join me in a Tri and F4, anchoring Felicienne on top. He came in and bingo!! Beaut Tri at $680+ and huge F4. I have to admit that the riderless horse was causing us some concern! Ran into his wife today at the Supermarket and she was a Very happy wife - he must have given her his winnings the idiot! Don't you just love racing and having a punt ! Darren has the knack of having his horses ready for the races he targets. It's no wonder that Signoff is the best backed runner in this years Melb Cup. 

Paid well too Ernie!

Can't wait for the George Ryder this weekend!!

Winx, Press Statement, Turn Me Loose, First Seal, Kermadec, Hucklebuck.

Cracking field!! B)