RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

Open Invitation to All Racing Clubs

Guest 2Admin2

I doubt John Key got very close to Lord Module - he didn't appear to be the friendly type.  As well Cecil Devine wasn't known for his horse whispering methods of modifying horse behaviour.

On 17 March 2016 at 7:01 PM, hesi said:

That is something that could never happen.

The PM and Racing Minister would never admit publicly that Racing in NZ is in trouble, therefore for the PM to do such would be a public admission.  He will always back his Racing Minister.

That's our Prime Minister, always covering over the cracks. It doesn't matter how ineffective most of his Ministers are (Brownlee and Guy for example) he merrily sails on. Of course that will all change when "his" Flag result comes out! Then the shit will hit the fan!

Ces Devine could get Lord Module back down and trotting and win  from a hopeless position...I think Key and Guy have broken up 

and have no chance of recovery.

Must say John Key looked shattered on the News last night!...May have run his race...needs a spell.     

Guest 2Admin2
On 3/18/2016 at 8:53 PM, porky said:

Ces Devine could get Lord Module back down and trotting and win  from a hopeless position...I think Key and Guy have broken up 

and have no chance of recovery.

Must say John Key looked shattered on the News last night!...May have run his race...needs a spell.     

Given Lord Module was a pacer I guess getting him back down and trotting was half way there.  By the way it was horse that did the winning.

11 hours ago, 2Admin2 said:

Given Lord Module was a pacer I guess getting him back down and trotting was half way there.  By the way it was horse that did the winning.

No Argument Admin...my mistake...just reminiscing...used to back him every start. irrespective of the 1010 form-line.

He won the New Zealand cup in 1979 but was banned the following year because of his unruly stable behaviour. However in the final race of the carnival and against one of the best fields ever assembled he finished his career in the best possible way, coming from a hopeless position and storming to victory.

The race call by Reon Murtha is remembered word for word by many harness fans such was the emotion generated by the performance. Straight after the race the crowd stormed out of the stands towards the great horse as if the stands were on fire. Reon Murtha recalled in an interview (January 2007) how he choked back the tears saying it was the most emotional moment in his 47 years of race calling.

On Friday, 18 March 2016 at 4:29 PM, 2Admin2 said:

I doubt John Key got very close to Lord Module - he didn't appear to be the friendly type.  As well Cecil Devine wasn't known for his horse whispering methods of modifying horse behaviour.

Perhaps John pulled Lord Module's tail? Maybe that was where he got his fettish

Guest 2Admin2

I was there sitting in the trainers stand.  Most were speechless as it was at the time a world record time.  I then saw Smolenski in the drivers room afterwards his silks covered in blood from Lord Modules quarter cracks.

I,m a thoroughbred man Admin but have to admit,used to enjoy and was taught how to punt by pops,

sitting by the wireless on a friday night/sat. and listening to the likes of other 1010 horses like (from memory) 

Paul Command, Sapling ,Rocky Triax???...Probably wrong...

But... Al Donte, Charlie,On Show?, No Show?, Lu, Grey Way?,Fraxy,Tarlton,...

Apologies and correct me if I,m wrong on form...But these horses certainly stick in my memory fondly.   

I was lucky enough to sit behind Paleface Adios once, he used to work at Croydon Park when he came to race in Sydney, stayed at Bill Wilkins place, (Bangaroo Flex), Colin Pike let me drive him home from work as we used to ride our hardest pullers on the oval after Canterbury track work......the hairs on my neck stood on end.....I was like a kid in a lolly shop, he was a lovely horse, not only a champion, but a lovely horse......never forget those days, priceless.

10 hours ago, softlysoftly said:

Don't think there is much point in appealing to the Minister, he has no real interest or enthusiasm for racing....

And besides I see he says there is no crisis in the dairy industry. No wonder he seems to think his racing portfolio doesn't need any input....