RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Guest 2Admin2

Open Invitation to All Racing Clubs

Guest 2Admin2

It seems more and more pressure is being overtly put on racing clubs by poor (deliberate?) decision making by Racing Authorities in New Zealand.  For example one could view the poor meeting programming apparent in the Thoroughbred code as a means of putting financial pressure on clubs in order to force them to lose race meetings and races or worse to close them down.

Please feel free to post any information about recent interactions with NZTR or other Racing Authorities that concern you.  Your anonymity will be protected and respected.

RaceCafe

Congrats Admin, the first step toward bringing people to account. I absolutely hope the clubs come in behind this, I reckon a certain RJC will, and it needs to be a bushfire, not a campfire........smoke em out I say, give them nowhere to hide.

2 hours ago, biff said:

Congrats Admin, the first step toward bringing people to account. I absolutely hope the clubs come in behind this, I reckon a certain RJC will, and it needs to be a bushfire, not a campfire........smoke em out I say, give them nowhere to hide.

What are you suggesting - we RJC types are a bunch of shit stirrers?

I will be back to you Admin.  My current trouble is where oh where do I start with such a rich vein of material.

Guest 2Admin2
15 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

What are you suggesting - we RJC types are a bunch of shit stirrers?

I will be back to you Admin.  My current trouble is where oh where do I start with such a rich vein of material.

Well Tom I suggest you just start!  Some of our clubs may not be as savvy as others and I think it is time for everyone to actually work together on the issues they are all facing.

Well here's one for you guys....

Slightly off track but however it shows the mentality of the NZTR types.

A friend of a friend who was off to Wairoa a couple of weeks back got told by Aleisha Moroney (who apparently works for NZTR) to 'enjoy Wairoa - it will be gone in a year'

Hardly an appropriate thing for a paid staff member of NZTR to say is it?  And where did she get her information from?

Guest 2Admin2

Na Tom that post is completely on track.  Time to rally ALL the troops.

6 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

A friend of a friend who was off to Wairoa a couple of weeks back got told by Aleisha Moroney (who apparently works for NZTR) to 'enjoy Wairoa - it will be gone in a year'

Hardly an appropriate thing for a paid staff member of NZTR to say is it?  And where did she get her information from?

If true, that is a worry, but probably confirms what many on here have long suspected.

I find it hard to believe Racing Management can be as incompetent as they appear by accident, there must be more to it.

9 minutes ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

That's an awful thing to say and I'd be disgusted if I was from Wairoa to hear that from an NZTR employee!

Of course there is an agenda at play just take a look at the funding policy it's designed to suck the life out of the lifeblood of the industry.

They are cunning(well they think they are) and are certain - maybe with a basis -that if they disillusion enough clubs they(the Clubs) will topple and, in conjunction with their constitution changes they are insisting on, they will be able to get their grubby paws on millions of dollars worth of assets or cash so they can use it for whatever they wish.

The guys at the top would never say it but around the water cooler the thinking must be out loud and this young Moroney girl has repeated what she has heard possibly quite innocently.  Of course they will have the Board bluffed as insofar as I am aware none of them know the first thing about racing and if they do their only interest is in furthering the cause of the breeders.

If that is the thinking about Wairoa it will be the same re Poverty Bay and as I said in a thread earlier this week they apparently have three mill in the bank.   

Say they can frustrate Avondale enough to walk away - what would that little piece of dirt be worth?

There must be ten or twenty likely club contenders(I am sure everyone can think of a few especially those with checkered recent histories for one reason or another) and God knows how any millions worth of real estate or cash involved

As the book title said 'Be Afraid. Be VERY Afraid'

Guest 2Admin2

I don't disagree that there needs to be some consolidation but by subterfuge isn't the way to do it.  Especially when there are useless fat cats who wander off on expensive junkets every drop of the starters flag.  Sorry for mixing my metaphors.

2 hours ago, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

The guys at the top would never say it but around the water cooler the thinking must be out loud and this young Moroney girl has repeated what she has heard possibly quite innocently.  Of course they will have the Board bluffed as insofar as I am aware none of them know the first thing about racing and if they do their only interest is in furthering the cause of the breeders.

Don't think so Tom. This initiative came from the board and I heard that directly from a driving board member about 10 months ago when it was just under way. You may be right that breeders have something to do with it.

This is a great move from Racecafe. Thanks guys.

One potential major strategy from smaller clubs could be to en masse withdraw/cancel their registration with NZTR and not race for a year. This would not be a hardship for most small clubs as they mostly subsidise their racedays anyway and survive on other funding sources. They would then not be subject to any plundering of funds by NZTR in the interim. It would also give the NZTR board a taste of what they want and let the big clubs carry the can and see how they go.

Some conditions for reversing that could be agreed and put on the table.

I realise that may have some repercussions for trainers and staff and I'm not sure how that could be managed but significant collective action is needed here to give the industry any hope in the intermediate and longer term. Petone must be stopped.

22 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Don't think so Tom. This initiative came from the board and I heard that directly from a driving board member about 10 months ago when it was just under way. You may be right that breeders have something to do with it.

One potential major strategy from smaller clubs could be to en masse withdraw/cancel their registration with NZTR and not race for a year. This would not be a hardship for most small clubs as they mostly subsidise their racedays anyway and survive on other funding sources. They would then not be subject to any plundering of funds by NZTR in the interim. It would also give the NZTR board a taste of what they want and let the big clubs carry the can and see how they go.

I realise that may have some repercussions for trainers and staff and I'm not sure how that could be managed but significant collective action is needed here to give the industry any hope in the intermediate and longer term. Petone must be stopped.

Probably what they want to happen Leggy, there are a number of race dates held by some of the smaller clubs that they would love to maneuver elsewhere.

Small clubs provide the best racing around,  the coast circuit racing is very entertaining all the action is close and the atmosphere is second to none. If these meetings get axed i for one wouldn't be interested in the big premiere clubs, they have never interested me the same. Have been to some smaller tracks  but want to get too a few in the deep south, have been to omakau once. Gore kurow riverton on the list.

16 hours ago, Leggy said:

What a great initiative........after 12 months it may have proved so successful a number of those small clubs may not get their dates back again. When you are sitting on a pair of two's, don't bluff and play them like 4 aces if you don't like another outcome.

On 11/03/2016 at 0:33 PM, Jefferson said:

What a great initiative........after 12 months it may have proved so successful a number of those small clubs may not get their dates back again. When you are sitting on a pair of two's, don't bluff and play them like 4 aces if you don't like another outcome.

"Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well."

Robert Louis Stevenson

Seems at this stage the opposite may be occurring in harness racing, with Kaikoura, which has had one big day a year for as long as I can remember, getting 2 days next season.

On 13/03/2016 at 4:28 PM, beef said:

Seems at this stage the opposite may be occurring in harness racing, with Kaikoura, which has had one big day a year for as long as I can remember, getting 2 days next season.

According to my info HRNZ are as keen to get rid of clubs and courses as are NZTR. Witness the super club proposal which quickly got the boot as a concept.

On 3/11/2016 at 4:46 PM, TOM(the other Molloy) said:

Come in Mr Guy!...sort Petone out, before you have a racing industry rally marching on Parliament...

(hang on, that may be playing into their hands)...Better still, strike involvement at premier meetings

by all and sundry until action is seen.

Strikes will never happen, but if it was to fly, Waikato Racing is the Club to target, with President Karyn and husband David, they will take action if they think Waikato will be affected. Stud owners Paqtrick, Mark and Gary won't let Waikato get effected. Personally owners, trainers and jockeys need every race day to present opportunities to gain income.

No point in taking a petition of no matter what number of signatures to the Racing Minister, he only knows what his back room advisors and racing industry heads tell him. He is so light weight, don't waste time and effort on him. If you can gain enough signatures you take it to John the Prime Minister who focuses more constantly on ratings than policy. He will need a pick me up after he receives a flag slap on the face later this month. If he feels every signature on the petition will turn on him, will publically maintain pressure on him, he will fold like a pack of cards in the wind. The first step would be to pressure him into putting up a Racing Minister with a spine and passion for the industry we all on here have, irrespective of at time individual differences in views, then at least we have someone going into bat for us in the beehive.     

The only time I recall John Key mentioning racing is when he tells the story about how he helped Ces Devine with Lord Module.

Lord Module was an erratic horse and whilst he could be brilliant he would also go many races with rogue perfomances. Poor horse having to up with  John Key  in his ear.