RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Questions for Mr G Purcell

1/Was the employment contract between NZTR and Mr Quirke ever signed by Mr Quirke as required under Employment Law?.

2/Did Mr Purcell know  Mr Quirke prior to his employment with NZTR?

3/Is it correct that Mr Quirke has been given a golden handshake on his departure from NZTR?

4/Who recommend and endorsed  Mr Quirke employment as the Chief Handicapper?

5/Was Mr Purcell aware prior to Mr Quirke;s appointment as the Head Handicapper,that he held a VIP account with the TAB?

I will ask these questions next week on Mr Early's show, so you will have plenty time to think of your reply,I believe I know the correct answers,so will listen with interest to your answers.

Gee, if the answers to any of those questions show this whole saga up in a bad light that is appalling and more heads should role.

The CEO of Sunderland has just resigned after admitting a serious misjudgement. This is just as bad.

I think someone has to fall on their sword anyhow just given the current state of the industry.

Just imagine if Purcell and his team were coaching a rugby league or football team. They would have been gone by lunchtime.

Good questions Midget but what about the three members of the 'Appointments and Remuneration" Committee of the board of NZTR namely Messrs Stace, Goodsen and Williams ( as per the last annual report), surely they would have signed off on any payment to the said person. Perhaps question 6 should be Did the board agree with your recommendations?

I am wondering why Mr Purcell is in Sydney today,maybe an opportunity has come up over the ditch..

If anyone heard Mr Purcell say last week,that he wasn't aware of Jason Waddell working for Sam Beatson,WELL I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THIS INCORRECT .

As it has been shown on several occasions,Mr Purcell has electricity with the truth and here is another example..

Tim Alridge also knew about this and  NZTR GAVE APPROVAL,WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE JCA

This will be added to the questions on Wednesday

50 minutes ago, Midget said:

I am wondering why Mr Purcell is in Sydney today,maybe an opportunity has come up over the ditch..

If anyone heard Mr Purcell say last week,that he wasn't aware of Jason Waddell working for Sam Beatson,WELL I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THIS INCORRECT.

As it has been shown on several occasions,Mr Purcell has elasticity with the truth and here is another example.

Tim Alridge also knew about this and  NZTR GAVE APPROVAL,WHEN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE JCA

57 minutes ago, Midget said:

If anyone heard Mr Purcell say last week,that he wasn't aware of Jason Waddell working for Sam Beatson,WELL I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THIS INCORRECT .

As it has been shown on several occasions,Mr Purcell has electricity with the truth and here is another example..

Electricity? we wish Midget........about 240,000 volts?

You know, the Japanese have a game show where the contestant has to answer correctly, any untruths and an electric shock.....all in front of approx 3-4 mil viewers, wouldn't it be wonderful in this instance.......oh, we could improvise also, not only a 'belt' for an untruth, but a double belt for an umm.......

7 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Yes, let us know. I only hear trackside radio when I'm in the car. I will make a special effort.

Usually on near 1pm , but there has to be a huge chance either these questions will not be asked or the interviewee will not answer or not appear this week.

We're Doomed the last Royal Commission into Racing was published in December,1970. In those days if you won a race the stake would cover 12 months of training fees. Today winning a $7,000 Race will cover 6 weeks training fees. High time we had another Royal Commission  for sure!