Yankiwi

GRNZ Board Member To Face Charges

148 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, DogMa said:

They were testing 'hair testing' out a few years ago, came around kennels taking random samples of blood and hair.

 

And wow..what about the million dollar lab in nz that the last failure head off the riu promised....oh shit were is it now and were is he.......one word integrity.......there is no such word in our sport......if you cannot trust the riu you can not trust anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moany Again said:

Scott All His Dogs ...

hey tony this reeks of a dead rat to me.....so do you pay your life long best mate the stakes from these dogs from now on by bank transfer or cash? Im guessing the later so theres no money trial. Dont forget he also attempted to tuck you mate as an owner...your dogs could of raced drug free against his "loaded" dogs and got beaten....I thought I read they had stopped this transferring and selling of dogs by disqualified persons soon after the livebaiting scandal in aus? Forfeiture of all his dog's to a trust run by the association with all winnings monies going to charity is a great idea I reckon.....if you wana cheat ya peers and get caught you loose the lot....period. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon trum 

 

So if a manager of a company that has drug testing, tests positive, then all the management in the company should go because of one person. Come on man get a grip.

Excluding this episode which 1 person is involved in and has got a good lengthy ban for through the judicial system, there has been more changes for the better here in the last 6 months than the last 5 years previous. It doesn't take two minutes for shit to get sorted when new blood comes in. I feel sorry for people, Anyone who decides to work/volunteerin this game because no matter how hard they try, the good they do and their own time they give up there is just people in this game that are just never happy and will moan and abuse them! They are on a hiding to nothing! Bugger that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it's going to be open slather on giving your dogs drugs now that Godber has all but said its impossible to test for testosterone in male dogs, the opinion that many people had that dog trainers were just filthy, doping cheats is going to be given even more ammunition now, sad but true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought that steroids just masked other drugs? most young horses in stables that can afford them have a course or 2 of steroids to bring them on and maybe this steroid was going to cover up something else? aren't painkillers more effective? this information was just sat on? nah not for us.

Sorry Jay4 I am sure dogs are trained by people who aren't who they say they are for one reason or another so tell me what's better? who's who? have stakes gone up? more owner/trainers in the game? dogs more affordable? less injuries? better tracks? less positives? more staying races? better publicity?and I need to get a grip??

WhoKnows-Knows!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jon Trum said:

I thought that steroids just masked other drugs? most young horses in stables that can afford them have a course or 2 of steroids to bring them on and maybe this steroid was going to cover up something else? aren't painkillers more effective? this information was just sat on? nah not for us.

Sorry Jay4 I am sure dogs are trained by people who aren't who they say they are for one reason or another so tell me what's better? who's who? have stakes gone up? more owner/trainers in the game? dogs more affordable? less injuries? better tracks? less positives? more staying races? better publicity?and I need to get a grip??

WhoKnows-Knows!

Steroids build muscle, steroids build aggression. Steroids build strength, they also weaken the heart.

Have just Googled Fertagyl Greyhounds. Then went to, Drug Testing Greyhound Cafe, RaceCafe. Its from 2010, it features GOM, myself, and others talking this very subject. It makes interesting reading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aquaman..  They certainly do all that plus your turning them into something there not,, there greyhounds so just let them be what they are.. As for a bitch on these products you would have to be totally f----ed in the head to go breed from her,, your chance of success is very limited....

But the biggest issue with steroidal use is the depletion of Calcium from there bones,  there has been some medical people out there think that it may deplete the bone structure by 65 to 75 percent of bone density.

If you of the belief that by just increasing there calcium intake to supplement the steroidal use then your fooling yourself,it doesn't work that way...  Just let them be what they are..   Greyhounds..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This whole saga has so many flaws in it its not funny.....However IMO the penalty handed down to Daveyboy is a disgrace.If I was him I certainly wouldn't be paying my lawyer anymore than half his fee.

We only need to go back a few years and the champion harness trainer admitted administering blue magic,there were massive investigations,cover ups,people took lives,and someone with time please tell us on here what the biggest penalty handed out was????

Also this certainly isn't the first time info has been leaked from board members.Its been happening for years.

IMO the RIU have crucified Daveboy and if I was him I would be appealing the shit out of that sentence!

There is ALWAYS 2 sides to a story and I get the feeling we are only seeing 1 and the RIU aren't interested in the other.

And yes before you all attack me,I obviously do NOT condone what Daveyboy has done.

AC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, legs&lashes said:

This whole saga has so many flaws in it its not funny.....However IMO the penalty handed down to Daveyboy is a disgrace.If I was him I certainly wouldn't be paying my lawyer anymore than half his fee.

We only need to go back a few years and the champion harness trainer admitted administering blue magic,there were massive investigations,cover ups,people took lives,and someone with time please tell us on here what the biggest penalty handed out was????

Also this certainly isn't the first time info has been leaked from board members.Its been happening for years.

IMO the RIU have crucified Daveboy and if I was him I would be appealing the shit out of that sentence!

There is ALWAYS 2 sides to a story and I get the feeling we are only seeing 1 and the RIU aren't interested in the other.

And yes before you all attack me,I obviously do NOT condone what Daveyboy has done.

AC

Did you write a testimonial for your friend Davey Boy supporting him and his character?. I ask this question as word has it, a few trainers did.

As for the blue magic, yes a disgraceful part of history, but it wasn't corrupt administrators doing the administering. This case is. As for leaked information regarding drugs to certain license holders to gain an advantage, this is news to me. Have you been privy to this information?, if so have you reported it, or acted on it?.

Your mate Davey Boy is a rotten cheat, and i find you defending him insulting to all the honest trainers, honest breeders, honest owners out there. He should of got life. He has brought disgrace to the sport, and i just hope the RIB check other stored swabs for drugs such as Fertagyl from anyone that had links to the rat.

And as you point out, there is always two sides to a story, and the other side to this one is, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I get the awful feeling half the dogs in NZ are running on non swabable drugs.

Never the less i give you credit for sticking up for your friend in a time when he's probably friendless.

JG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Did you write a testimonial for your friend Davey Boy supporting him and his character?. I ask this question as word has it, a few trainers did.

As for the blue magic, yes a disgraceful part of history, but it wasn't corrupt administrators doing the administering. This case is. As for leaked information regarding drugs to certain license holders to gain an advantage, this is news to me. Have you been privy to this information?, if so have you reported it, or acted on it?.

Your mate Davey Boy is a rotten cheat, and i find you defending him insulting to all the honest trainers, honest breeders, honest owners out there. He should of got life. He has brought disgrace to the sport, and i just hope the RIB check other stored swabs for drugs such as Fertagyl from anyone that had links to the rat.

And as you point out, there is always two sides to a story, and the other side to this one is, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I get the awful feeling half the dogs in NZ are running on non swabable drugs.

Never the less i give you credit for sticking up for your friend in a time when he's probably friendless.

JG.

Right on John, Craig needed Davey boys vote to unjustly get rid of the Southland rep.

     Anyone trying to fudge the issue by implying anything about Nathan is out of order. Nathan is one to come out of this with integrity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Did you write a testimonial for your friend Davey Boy supporting him and his character?. I ask this question as word has it, a few trainers did.

As for the blue magic, yes a disgraceful part of history, but it wasn't corrupt administrators doing the administering. This case is. As for leaked information regarding drugs to certain license holders to gain an advantage, this is news to me. Have you been privy to this information?, if so have you reported it, or acted on it?.

Your mate Davey Boy is a rotten cheat, and i find you defending him insulting to all the honest trainers, honest breeders, honest owners out there. He should of got life. He has brought disgrace to the sport, and i just hope the RIB check other stored swabs for drugs such as Fertagyl from anyone that had links to the rat.

And as you point out, there is always two sides to a story, and the other side to this one is, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I get the awful feeling half the dogs in NZ are running on non swabable drugs.

Never the less i give you credit for sticking up for your friend in a time when he's probably friendless.

JG.

My god aquaman lay off a bit and read his post properly, everyone has an opinion mate that's his. What Davy Boy has done was very wrong and boy has he been dealt with in the most severe fashion, most definitely, wb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, legs&lashes said:

IMO the RIU have crucified Daveboy and if I was him I would be appealing the shit out of that sentence!

The RIU didn't crucify anyone.

The RIU asked the JCA for a stiffer sentence than the one which handed down.

David Scott breached the rules. David Scott was given the chance to defend the charges in the legal system & choose to plead guilty. David Scott was sentenced.

Where's the problem in that? That's exactly the way the justice system is meant to work in a democratic society.

Will the police have interest in pursuing the dropped charge further? Well they should. Threats of taking someone's life is a much more serious matter than attempting to have a dog drugged for personal advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, aquaman said:

Gary, the dogs are on steroids, and the bitches are not. They only test the bitches for steroids. The dogs get a huge drug induced advantage. Scotts text message states only the boy dogs.

simple thing aqua would be for the riu to contact all vets and see what trainers are getting prescribed fertagyl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, legs&lashes said:

 

"There is ALWAYS 2 sides to a story and I get the feeling we are only seeing 1 and the RIU aren't interested in the other."

Could you please make a suggestion as to what the otherside of this story could be because I've been racking my brain and I most certainly cant think off one?! He tried to cheat and got caught....simple. He clearly has very little remorse given he tried to say he was attempting to help a battling trainer and make himself look like a good guy whose been crucified!! Pleeease... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe David Scott wasn't so lucky in the penalty he got compared to your son Craig, but if it takes a case like this to make an example of someone then so be it, but I have a feeling those cheating now will always cheat, as they don't know any other way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

Maybe David Scott wasn't so lucky in the penalty he got compared to your son Craig, but if it takes a case like this to make an example of someone then so be it, but I have a feeling those cheating now will always cheat, as they don't know any other way.

There are no parallels with this case in relation to Matts and you are remiss in bringing it up. There was nothing 'lucky' about Matts penalty either so what are you suggesting?   Just more shit stirring that some greyhound people are so apt at!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WhoKnows said:

Maybe David Scott wasn't so lucky in the penalty he got compared to your son Craig, but if it takes a case like this to make an example of someone then so be it, but I have a feeling those cheating now will always cheat, as they don't know any other way.

What a discusting post, put your name to it, now your calling a young champion trainer a cheat what about all the other trainers with positives I find people like you trolls who twist something good and turn it into sh.t and don't put there name to it. He who is without sin cast the first stone. Your post on CC was a perfect example cheers WB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, aquaman said:

Did you write a testimonial for your friend Davey Boy supporting him and his character?. I ask this question as word has it, a few trainers did.

As for the blue magic, yes a disgraceful part of history, but it wasn't corrupt administrators doing the administering. This case is. As for leaked information regarding drugs to certain license holders to gain an advantage, this is news to me. Have you been privy to this information?, if so have you reported it, or acted on it?.

Your mate Davey Boy is a rotten cheat, and i find you defending him insulting to all the honest trainers, honest breeders, honest owners out there. He should of got life. He has brought disgrace to the sport, and i just hope the RIB check other stored swabs for drugs such as Fertagyl from anyone that had links to the rat.

And as you point out, there is always two sides to a story, and the other side to this one is, this is just the tip of the iceberg. I get the awful feeling half the dogs in NZ are running on non swabable drugs.

Never the less i give you credit for sticking up for your friend in a time when he's probably friendless.

JG.

Someone once me that Davey's so called friend was also trying to get on the board for exactly that reason... makes one wonder...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eagle Eye said:

My god aquaman lay off a bit and read his post properly, everyone has an opinion mate that's his. What Davy Boy has done was very wrong and boy has he been dealt with in the most severe fashion, most definitely, wb

Eagle, what Davey boy has done is expose the cancer thats been allowed to fester for years. We are now at a point where i suspect many trainers out there are doping their dogs with drugs that are not been screened for. Its not a level playing field.

With the free licence being granted to use steroids on dogs because the authorities have been so woefully negligent in pursuing these drugs, its now becoming clearer why we are seeing so many broken hocks etc. We know that steroids weaken the bones. So we can add that together with over racing and come to the conclusion that the tracks are playing a lot less in contributing to the injury's, but rather its more the fault of cheats and other low life that race the crap out of the poor animal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick question or 3 on the testing processes.

When a swab is taken from a greyhound and sent to a lab for testing , How does the lab know if the test sample is from a Dog or Bitch ?

Doesn't the sample just get labeled with a number and not a sex ?

And if its not being tested for why wouldn't you give it to a Bitch before a big race if you were already doing it to a Dog  ?

Because if  Steroids build muscle, aggression and strength why limit it to just Dogs it if was for say a big G1 race. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now