RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Yankiwi

GRNZ Board Member To Face Charges

Johnno once again I agree with part of your post, the bit about getting a reliable test for dogs and testosterone by tomorrow but comments bordering on paranoia will not bring that about. If we rally and stick to the truth and the facts we will win.

More dogs than bitches paying big dividends may be because there was more dogs at the meeting. Why I think the argument is flawed is precisely what Charles highlights, they all paid oversize dividends. If they had been fonged I would image the odds would be the other way. In fact Charles could do some more research and find all the dogs that won unexpectedly and were at false small dividends, that would carry more weight with me.

The platinum paws thing if your facts are correct would mean that there has been a major case of inaction. Although when you say positive swabs you mean that Testosterone was detected in the swab which could be normal for dogs, at the time there was obviously no declared level that must not be exceeded, however the part that is wrong is that there still is not a level. If they cannot test reliably full stop they should make that very transparent so we can all be aware of what we are up against next time we decide to breed or purchase a pup.

20 minutes ago, GOM said:

Johnno once again I agree with part of your post, the bit about getting a reliable test for dogs and testosterone by tomorrow but comments bordering on paranoia will not bring that about. If we rally and stick to the truth and the facts we will win.

More dogs than bitches paying big dividends may be because there was more dogs at the meeting. Why I think the argument is flawed is precisely what Charles highlights, they all paid oversize dividends. If they had been fonged I would image the odds would be the other way. In fact Charles could do some more research and find all the dogs that won unexpectedly and were at false small dividends, that would carry more weight with me.

The platinum paws thing if your facts are correct would mean that there has been a major case of inaction. Although when you say positive swabs you mean that Testosterone was detected in the swab which could be normal for dogs, at the time there was obviously no declared level that must not be exceeded, however the part that is wrong is that there still is not a level. If they cannot test reliably full stop they should make that very transparent so we can all be aware of what we are up against next time we decide to breed or purchase a pup.

You are right with second paragraph, agree, unfortunately Charles will not be doing any research, he is now being moderated, and he's pulled finger in protest.

The Platinum Paws thing is absolutely correct, the Licenced Person rep will confirm this if you have any doubts.

24 minutes ago, aquaman said:

You are right with second paragraph, agree, unfortunately Charles will not be doing any research, he is now being moderated, and he's pulled finger in protest.

The Platinum Paws thing is absolutely correct, the Licenced Person rep will confirm this if you have any doubts.

No he did not follow the guidelines...his choice... don't blame us for trying to stop getting sued...

Bit over the top isn't it Scooby? How can you be sued when Charles has not named names. We all know there are cheats but none of us can prove it. What Charles is doing is pointing out some of the shady shit that goes on in this sport that we are already aware of. Surely we can state our opinions on here without the threat of being chucked off. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

5 hours ago, iteruka said:

Bit over the top isn't it Scooby? How can you be sued when Charles has not named names. We all know there are cheats but none of us can prove it. What Charles is doing is pointing out some of the shady shit that goes on in this sport that we are already aware of. Surely we can state our opinions on here without the threat of being chucked off. Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

You can and i try to be fair, but if I think it is going to cause trouble I will make a call... it is my arse on the line... and I aint hanging it out for people who i do not know anything about or who they even are..... stay within the forum rules mind your own business and all will be fine as it was for 8 months after the last time the forum got like this.... this forum causes me more trouble than the whole rest of the site.... and Its going to stop....one way or another...cheers....

5 hours ago, iteruka said:

And give me your names and contact details and I have no issue with it... then I can point the lawyers in the right direction...until then..no way.If you are all man enough to say it then be man or woman enough to put your real name to it...just my opinion.

9 hours ago, iteruka said:

Why can't you prove it ? Really it's just nasty people ,who are sour when it comes down to it . If you can prove it then it would be fact not just opinions . Cheats will get caught they always do . People don't help themselves by stiring the pot just makes them feel better about themselves .

2 hours ago, iteruka said:

My name is Sue Blackburn. Have never tried to hide who I am and never will.

Most in here a just stirrers won't post their names... I mean we would need to have a registration process to check out peoples correct details then I would be happy for people to post some of the nonsense that some do on this forum...however most in here would not do that as they would rather stir and not be upfront enough to come out from the shadows so to speak...most posters are not as decent as you...if that was the case my life would be very easy every day.

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 3:21 PM, aquaman said:

My hit list would be all dogs that have been put out for not chasing, and have got back by performing a satisfactory trial. These dogs derive the most benefit from drugs such as Fertagyl, which is the drug Scott was using.

Hey John you you go on about the cheats and crooks etc.Now you insinuating the Ozzie dogs are all phonged by their trainers.

That's like me saying, go back and check all the seaman who may have  helped to get a large appliance retail chain started in business by SMUGGLING electrical goods in to NZ.No proof though is there John.

Another thing I would like to know is how you supposedly found  out some of the swabs from the Platinum paws were positive to hormone???? Please don't tell me that was leaked from a Board member??? I'm sure you will fill us in on where you obtained that information.

And Merv ,Farmers Lady was only ordinary but gee didn't it win well at Wellington!!! Bet the divvy was good.Nice training effort that. Had a few more starts but never found that form again.Thought it had more than 1 owner too but stand to be corrected.

AC

10 hours ago, legs&lashes said:

Hey John you you go on about the cheats and crooks etc.Now you insinuating the Ozzie dogs are all phonged by their trainers.

That's like me saying, go back and check all the seaman who may have  helped to get a large appliance retail chain started in business by SMUGGLING electrical goods in to NZ.No proof though is there John.

Another thing I would like to know is how you supposedly found  out some of the swabs from the Platinum paws were positive to hormone???? Please don't tell me that was leaked from a Board member??? I'm sure you will fill us in on where you obtained that information.

And Merv ,Farmers Lady was only ordinary but gee didn't it win well at Wellington!!! Bet the divvy was good.Nice training effort that. Had a few more starts but never found that form again.Thought it had more than 1 owner too but stand to be corrected.

AC

Craig, nowhere do i say Ozzie dogs, and i apologize if my comments have been seen to infer this. I mean all dogs, NZ or Australian. I think retro testing of stored samples prior to Scott coming to light should be carried out on non chasing types that would fit the profile into gaining the most benefit from the illegal drug Fertagyl. These tests need to be done offshore, just as the Platinum Paws swabs were. Do you agree we need to instill confidence back into the industry after the latest revelations?.

I got my information on the Paws from several sources, the LP rep, the CEO at the time as i rang him, and i sighted it in hard copy. Its no secret, i'm sure if you ring the right people, they will fill you in.

As to the seaman thing, all ancient history. I must have spun you a yarn or two.

J Goode.

Eagle Eye...

What is there to explain?

This horse ran two thirds and then won by half-a-head with a nose back to third.

I fail to see what both you and "legs&lashes" are getting at.

All the best.

Ashoka

Theres so much inference that there is a lot of cheating going on, and yet most positive swabs in NZ are accidental ones. I think its indicative that the tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in greyhound racing , people just hate to lose. When we won the premiership 3yrs running, loads of people seem to find it incredible and continuously asked us what we used. Why cant people just realise we had the better dogs of the day. Its possible for anyone to have the best dog, just like Dyna Vikkers has been the best lately. Sour grapes a plenty, so some must make up stories to make themselves feel better.

5 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Please explain what you are inferring... as I said factual stuff only not hearsay or innuendo... please explain ..cheers.I see no reason why you should not follow the same rules as everyone else in here.

I am not inferring anything Scooby I would like an explanation as the horse is owned by a poster who is strongly against nobbling and insinuates these things are rife in greyhounds and ready to point the finger when this horse was with said trainer who was in question this shows how easy one can jump to conclusions. Bad form a win then no where form. You said show facts well this shows facts of form and who owns and who trained 

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye said:

I am not inferring anything Scooby I would like an explanation as the horse is owned by a poster who is strongly against nobbling and insinuates these things are rife in greyhounds and ready to point the finger when this horse was with said trainer who was in question this shows how easy one can jump to conclusions. Bad form a win then no where form. You said show facts well this shows facts of form and who owns and who trained 

You have no facts as to why the horses form was like that...there are many hundreds of reasons why...did you have anything to do with the horse do you know if it had issues and maybe on that day they were sorted..... as I say mind your own business and let others mind their own and everything will go well in here...you have no proof that the horse was given anything.. zero.. so when you do feel free to post it..until then ....leave it alone.

12 hours ago, DogMa said:

Theres so much inference that there is a lot of cheating going on, and yet most positive swabs in NZ are accidental ones. I think its indicative that the tall poppy syndrome is alive and well in greyhound racing , people just hate to lose. When we won the premiership 3yrs running, loads of people seem to find it incredible and continuously asked us what we used. Why cant people just realise we had the better dogs of the day. Its possible for anyone to have the best dog, just like Dyna Vikkers has been the best lately. Sour grapes a plenty, so some must make up stories to make themselves feel better.

There is inference with just cause. We find a corrupt NZGRA board member trying to fong his dogs with illegal drugs that we now know are undetectable by our local NZ Lab. The reason that almost all positives in NZ are accidental ones could be the result of limited testing abilities of the local lab. I think most thinking people involved with Greyhounds would be highly skeptical of the quality of our swabbing system after the revelations of the RIU in the Scott case. In my view, a percentage of swabs should be peer reviewed at an offshore lab. This would go a long way into restoring confidence in the swabbing process.

Eagle Eye...

The content of your last post is inaccurate in the extreme. The horse in question had exactly the form that would lead a reasonable person to find a win unexpected. As I stated in my previous post, Farmer's Lady had two thirds leading into the win. The win was by a narrow margin in a pedestrian mile-rate. You have all this information.

Clearly, you are seeking to discredit Mr O'Brien and, in my opinion, have no qualms about telling what seem like outright lies to do so. In this instance, it is your credibility that is being called into question.

All the best.

Ashoka

7 hours ago, Ashoka said:

Eagle Eye...

The content of your last post is inaccurate in the extreme. The horse in question had exactly the form that would lead a reasonable person to find a win unexpected. As I stated in my previous post, Farmer's Lady had two thirds leading into the win. The win was by a narrow margin in a pedestrian mile-rate. You have all this information.

Clearly, you are seeking to discredit Mr O'Brien and, in my opinion, have no qualms about telling what seem like outright lies to do so. In this instance, it is your credibility that is being called into question.

All the best.

Ashoka

Actually you no who I am and are totally on the wrong path it is about anything can be twisted if one takes something out of context and no I am totally above board thanks

7 minutes ago, Eagle Eye said:

Actually you no who I am and are totally on the wrong path it is about anything can be twisted if one takes something out of context and no I am totally above board thanks

So why mention the pacers name??? If not what I suggest what were you suggesting???

Off topic....,

But it should be made legal(Fertagyl), If they cant get you for the use of it.(apart from looose lips sink ships)

Have a level playing feild.

We all want to know what can and cant be tested for just like in every other sport in the world,so you know what you can and cant use.

Until they can test for it anyway.

PS. Dont breed from them,anonamiss says so.

On 4/19/2016 at 0:00 PM, WhoKnows said:

I have noticed this for ages. Most of the big races in Australia are also dominated by the male dogs, very few bitches make big finals over there,  I don't think it is any surprise that the male dogs are hormoned over here as they can't be tested, that's why bitches struggle to compete now.

Its no wonder then that David Scott thought he would try something to see if he could get away with it, he won't be the last to give it a go, and if these things can't be tested on then why wouldn't people?

thanks who knows  for your input but after consideration i wonder who told dave y about the drug and i wonder who in aust advised him of it as i have previously said he was hard done by 

ho was his advisors in aust that probably supplied it