RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Yankiwi

GRNZ Board Member To Face Charges

1 hour ago, Eagle Eye said:

What a discusting post, put your name to it, now your calling a young champion trainer a cheat what about all the other trainers with positives I find people like you trolls who twist something good and turn it into sh.t and don't put there name to it. He who is without sin cast the first stone. Your post on CC was a perfect example cheers WB

I never called him a cheat, I never have, I was just comparing the penalties that M Roberts got to David Scott and thought there was a huge disparity between the two, considering one actually did return a positive swab, and the other one actually didn't but intended to.

We have C. Roberts on here now telling us that information has been leaked for years to people ( not sure who or by who) and that this is no big deal and he has been hard done by, a great attitude by a well known public trainer.

3 hours ago, GOM said:

Right on John, Craig needed Davey boys vote to unjustly get rid of the Southland rep.

Anyone trying to fudge the issue by implying anything about Nathan is out of order. Nathan is one to come out of this with integrity.

The Southland Rep thing is a whole another thread. There were alot of fingers in that pie.

I don't think dboy was even in the picture.

49 minutes ago, WhoKnows said:

I never called him a cheat, I never have, I was just comparing the penalties that M Roberts got to David Scott and thought there was a huge disparity between the two, considering one actually did return a positive swab, and the other one actually didn't but intended to.

OMG You are a gutless shit stirring piece of shit who obviously knows nothing

6 hours ago, legs&lashes said:

This whole saga has so many flaws in it its not funny.....However IMO the penalty handed down to Daveyboy is a disgrace.If I was him I certainly wouldn't be paying my lawyer anymore than half his fee.

We only need to go back a few years and the champion harness trainer admitted administering blue magic,there were massive investigations,cover ups,people took lives,and someone with time please tell us on here what the biggest penalty handed out was????

Also this certainly isn't the first time info has been leaked from board members.Its been happening for years.

IMO the RIU have crucified Daveboy and if I was him I would be appealing the shit out of that sentence!

There is ALWAYS 2 sides to a story and I get the feeling we are only seeing 1 and the RIU aren't interested in the other.

And yes before you all attack me,I obviously do NOT condone what Daveyboy has done.

AC

Tell me Craig how this unfortunate saga has so many flaws in it,, what is unfortunate is he didn't get life and it's unfortunate they didn't catch the rest of this people involved in this sorry saga but I'm hoping they will be moped up in the near future..

And don't blame the lawyer he didn't do the crime

To all owners, trainers, licensed persons, greyhound enthusiasts and industry participants.

I wish to convey my deepest and sincerest apologies for my actions. I realise what I done was wrong and offer no excuses for my behaviours.

I feel the punishment I received was fair and have no intention of appealing as I realise the damage I have done to the industry and that this will take a long time to repair.

I have apologised to the Central Districts clubs that voted me in as I feel like I have let them down terribly.

Again I apologise to you all.

David Scott

27 minutes ago, DaveyBoy said:

To all owners, trainers, licensed persons, greyhound enthusiasts and industry participants.

I wish to convey my deepest and sincerest apologies for my actions. I realise what I done was wrong and offer no excuses for my behaviours.

I feel the punishment I received was fair and have no intention of appealing as I realise the damage I have done to the industry and that this will take a long time to repair.

I have apologised to the Central Districts clubs that voted me in as I feel like I have let them down terribly.

David Scott

Now that's balls to apologise well done

5 hours ago, Craig Symes said:

Quick question or 3 on the testing processes.

When a swab is taken from a greyhound and sent to a lab for testing , How does the lab know if the test sample is from a Dog or Bitch ?

Doesn't the sample just get labeled with a number and not a sex ?

And if its not being tested for why wouldn't you give it to a Bitch before a big race if you were already doing it to a Dog  ?

Because if  Steroids build muscle, aggression and strength why limit it to just Dogs it if was for say a big G1 race. 

Because testosterone occur's naturally in males and can vary, where as females have only a small amount. I suggest you Google testosterne, and read about it, and you will understand why its easy to detect in bitches, as against dogs. To do dogs, they need a threshold level to establish what can be considered abnormal.

1 hour ago, DaveyBoy said:

David Scott

Somehow too little, too late.

6 hours ago, josh77 said:

takes courage to own the crime, keep your chin up Dave

every one makes mistakes mate..

Takes courage to commit a crime as well.

Yes, everyone does make mistakes.

Most mistakes made are simply an oversight. However some mistakes are made fully knowing what the consequences could be for making the mistake.

I acknowledge the apology & remorse expressed.

Yes they can test for testosterone in male dogs,, it's just comes down to a case of how committed they are to going ahead with the hair testing--- I would suspect a lot of trainers would be flushed out if it goes ahead as it should be...  

For those trainers who will be caught up in these test, if you can't play fair don't play at all...

58 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Takes courage to commit a crime as well.

Yes, everyone does make mistakes.

Most mistakes made are simply an oversight. However some mistakes are made fully knowing what the consequences could be for making the mistake.

I acknowledge the apology & remorse expressed.

Fair enough Charles, I think Nelson Mandela was right when he said no man is as bad as his worst action and no man is as good as his noblest action. Daveyboy has said all he can on the matter, two more pages would not have made it any better.

One would hope that others may learn from it and we all end up in a better place but you can be certain some will not, and it's not just dog racing, wherever there is human endeavour involving money and power some will think it their right to gain the riches, fame or power by unfair means by transferring their share of the burden on others less fortunate.

Lets summarize what we know thus far. A Greyhound board member has been found guilty of attempting to administer a prohibited drug Fertagyl, a steroid to one of his male dogs. He know's this is safe to do because he is privy to confidential information gleaned through his trusted position on the board of Greyhounds NZ. He has learn't the RIU are not in a position to detect doped male dogs with certain Anabolic Steroids. He aquires the prohibited drug Fertagyl and gives it to his trainer with instruction to administer it to one of his boy dogs. This person was only discovered because the trainer went to the RIU armed with conclusive evidence. The RIU was supplied with evidence that was overwhelming, so much so that the defendant pleads guilty.

I cast my mind back to the much vaunted Silver Platinum, a race for $250,000 conducted by the CH CH Greyhound Club over 520 mtrs. When was that, maybe about 2010. All runners in that event were swabbed, with the samples being sent offshore to be tested in a real lab, unlike what we have here. From memory about 15 of them came back positive to Steroids. The NZGRA claimed after this, that it was only a trial, and not an exercise to catch cheats. The reality was they were embarrassed and shocked, and because of the number nothing was done. They didn't want to spoil the party of NZ's richest race.

Now here we are yrs later and nothing has changed, only gotten worse. It now reaches the board with stinking rotten cheats. We here in evidence from the keystone cops, RIU, they still cannot test here in NZ. Yet in Australia, they can, and do, and put out the cheats.

The RIU need not pat themselves on a job well done in this inquiry, as they did nothing, it was handed to them on a plate. The test will be wether they follow the trails from this point, and get rid of the cancer that is rife in all our racing. They need to be collecting historical swabs from blinkered non chasing imports and local dogs that predate Scott being charged. They need to send them offshore to be tested for Fertagyl and any other illicit substances. They have a real opportunity here to weed out the cheats.

1 hour ago, merv o brien said:

Yes they can test for testosterone in male dogs,, it's just comes down to a case of how committed they are to going ahead with the hair testing--- I would suspect a lot of trainers would be flushed out if it goes ahead as it should be...  

For those trainers who will be caught up in these test, if you can't play fair don't play at all...

You seem to no a lot about drugs were you a friend of Robert Asquit ? a yes or no will be fine cheers