RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Yankiwi

GRNZ Board Member To Face Charges

13 hours ago, GOM said:

What is this cannot test for testosterone from the RIU in the evidence? I thought steroids were done and dusted . Just what is going on out there.

As i understand it GOM, bitch's are tested, dogs are not. No threshhold levels established for dogs. The authorities have only had about ten years to establish a threshhold, not to mention many overseas study's that would have one in place. They have been able to detect steroids in human athletes, males, since before Ben Johnson. Just more shoddy work from administration.

13 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

So, we have two names (Gonasyn & Fertagyl) of permanently banned drugs, the question has to be asked, how many "B" samples are still kicking around from the last year or so's big races? Maybe it's time to have another look at those samples.

It's also well documented that Nathan wasn't the only trainer of dogs, during the same time period, owned either completely or partially David Scott. Those would be the "B" sample I'd be looking at first if I were calling the shots at the RIU lab.

They need to be casting their net wide, that is the RIU. Testing old samples from any trainer that was a known acquaintance or associate of Scott should be a no brainer. I hope the RIU cut a deal with Scott for the dropping of the charge, that is for other names.

So in this meeting of board members are there others that own many dogs? like to punt? and did they also hear that there is no testing of testosterone? in my opinion the whole board should resign to maintain integrity! it seems to me that D Scott is the only one who has got caught. 

You can't tell me that D Scott is the only one who acted in this way upon hearing this 'inside information'. How do we know others with much invested in the code sitting at the same meeting haven't also passed on or acted on this information? impossible to know, can stored samples be retrospectively tested? it stinks and they should all stand down until all tests come back!

3 hours ago, aquaman said:

As i understand it GOM, bitch's are tested, dogs are not. No threshhold levels established for dogs. The authorities have only had about ten years to establish a threshhold, not to mention many overseas study's that would have one in place. They have been able to detect steroids in human athletes, males, since before Ben Johnson. Just more shoddy work from administration.

It's hardly a surprise though.

If you look at the make-up of most C5 races nowadays, both sprints and middle distance, they are almost all dogs, you get the odd good bitch of course but they are predominately dominated by dogs.

Take Addington Thursady for example C5 sprints - 15 dogs, 3 bitches, C5 520m - 7 dogs, 1 bitch.

Invercargill today the C5 sprint is all made up of dogs, the middle distance race has 1 bitch up against 6 dogs ( the scratching being another dog).

Cambridge Thursday the C5 sprint has 1 bitch, and the middle distance 2 bitches.

I don't recall in the past there ever being such an imbalance but I would have to look this up to confirm my thoughts.

1 hour ago, mcmissile said:

It's hardly a surprise though.

If you look at the make-up of most C5 races nowadays, both sprints and middle distance, they are almost all dogs, you get the odd good bitch of course but they are predominately dominated by dogs.

Take Addington Thursady for example C5 sprints - 15 dogs, 3 bitches, C5 520m - 7 dogs, 1 bitch.

Invercargill today the C5 sprint is all made up of dogs, the middle distance race has 1 bitch up against 6 dogs ( the scratching being another dog).

Cambridge Thursday the C5 sprint has 1 bitch, and the middle distance 2 bitches.

I don't recall in the past there ever being such an imbalance but I would have to look this up to confirm my thoughts.

I see that you counted the dogs that are starting & not the reserves. You should count them also just in case 1 of them get a start due to someone scratching.

Ie Lets say the dog from box 5 in Race 10 at Cambridge on Thursday gets scratched & it gives the first reserve (Halo Star) a start then that makes your post void & it becomes providing misinformation because Halo Star is also a bitch.

When you put stats like this up you should always put all information up for all dogs  in the field not just the ones that are getting a start at this point in time but I can see what your getting at.

Also what does this have to do with what the thread is about?

Edited by Gary Sharp
Forgot to add something at the bottom

I have noticed this for ages. Most of the big races in Australia are also dominated by the male dogs, very few bitches make big finals over there,  I don't think it is any surprise that the male dogs are hormoned over here as they can't be tested, that's why bitches struggle to compete now.

Its no wonder then that David Scott thought he would try something to see if he could get away with it, he won't be the last to give it a go, and if these things can't be tested on then why wouldn't people?

29 minutes ago, Gary Sharp said:

I see that you counted the dogs that are starting & not the reserves. You should count them also just in case 1 of them get a start due to someone scratching.

Ie Lets say the dog from box 5 in Race 10 at Cambridge on Thursday gets scratched & it gives the first reserve (Halo Star) a start then that makes your post void & it becomes providing misinformation because Halo Star is also a bitch.

When you put stats like this up you should always put all information up for all dogs  in the field not just the ones that are getting a start at this point in time but I can see what your getting at.

Also what does this have to do with what the thread is about?

Steroids, the drug of choice for one Davey boy Scott.

18 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Steroids, the drug of choice for one Davey boy Scott.

Yes I know that is what the thread is about but what do the stats of how many dogs & how many bitches are in a race at the tracks? To me it has nothing to do with what the thread is all about.

There are a lot of issues involved here and no doubt Davey boy is being made an example of. For me the greatest concern is the governance of our industry. We tried to make it more impartial by bringing in independent board members but then it swung too far in that direction with not enough industry experienced input. Also the way in which we elect our board members has always needed addressing. They are voted in by the clubs, individual clubs have always had their strongholds with too few people having their say. And over the years there has always been an element of manipulation in voting of clubs to get certain people on or off. So this was partially addressed by bringing in the licenced persons rep, which in itself has a flawed voting system. There is always going to be (and has been historically) information sharing from Board members (and other 'officials') As we need Board members with vested interests in racing itself to have a balance, we will always have the probability that someone will use any of the privy information to their own advantage, its human nature.

I'm not condoning anything but simply trying to point out that the system of governance we have is seriously flawed.

1 hour ago, Gary Sharp said:

Yes I know that is what the thread is about but what do the stats of how many dogs & how many bitches are in a race at the tracks? To me it has nothing to do with what the thread is all about.

Gary, the dogs are on steroids, and the bitches are not. They only test the bitches for steroids. The dogs get a huge drug induced advantage. Scotts text message states only the boy dogs.

On 18 April 2016 at 2:15 PM, kdt said:

Don't know Nathan Udy at all, but top marks to him. Personal integrity not for sale.

I first read the article on stuff an hour or so after it was first put online.  I then reread it again later that night. It was almost a completely different article. The bit that surprised me the most that was deleted was at the end, one party congaulated Nathan for bringing the matter up, whilst another party questioned Nathan's integrity as to why it took 7 months to bring the matter up... This second opinion was deleted. 

Now I don't personally know either Nathan or David but as a follower of greyhounds I noticed in December all David's dogs were being trained by someone else. If you look up any of those dogs on grv you'll see they were all transferred on the 6/7th of December.  17 days after Nathan has lost the dogs an investigation into David's stupid acts begins. I think some reading between the lines can be done an assume the relationship between Nathan an David didn't end very well an this is all about REVENGE more than cleaning up then industry and would never have surfaced had Nathan still been training David's dogs.

Disclaimer: I most certainly do not believe the actions mr Scott did were acceptable, let alone someone in his position. I find it a shame that he did an as a consequence lost his role as LP rep on the board as judging from what I have read on the 2 forums, participants were happy with his performance and he was having some influence on the board an steering things in a positive direction for the industry. I have no doubt he was passionate about the industry and although the right outcome has occurred, he will in fact be a lost to the industry.  

On 18 April 2016 at 4:07 PM, merv o brien said:

Cheers to you Nathan for standing up...

Hey to the administrator, that wasn't a personal attack it was fact...

this is a personal attack,, you as an administrator wouldn't know if your arse was on fire..

Merv O'Brien

Guest 2Admin2

If you are referring to me then I can assure you my arse is not on fire.

2 hours ago, Sheepy said:

I first read the article on stuff an hour or so after it was first put online.  I then reread it again later that night. It was almost a completely different article. The bit that surprised me the most that was deleted was at the end, one party congaulated Nathan for bringing the matter up, whilst another party questioned Nathan's integrity as to why it took 7 months to bring the matter up... This second opinion was deleted. 

Now I don't personally know either Nathan or David but as a follower of greyhounds I noticed in December all David's dogs were being trained by someone else. If you look up any of those dogs on grv you'll see they were all transferred on the 6/7th of December.  17 days after Nathan has lost the dogs an investigation into David's stupid acts begins. I think some reading between the lines can be done an assume the relationship between Nathan an David didn't end very well an this is all about REVENGE more than cleaning up then industry and would never have surfaced had Nathan still been training David's dogs.

Disclaimer: I most certainly do not believe the actions mr Scott did were acceptable, let alone someone in his position. I find it a shame that he did an as a consequence lost his role as LP rep on the board as judging from what I have read on the 2 forums, participants were happy with his performance and he was having some influence on the board an steering things in a positive direction for the industry. I have no doubt he was passionate about the industry and although the right outcome has occurred, he will in fact be a lost to the industry.  

Sheepy agree......He spat the dummy when the dogs were taken off him and should also be charged for with holding evidence why not do it straight away.... both him and the riu look like dicks...why 6mnths later.....but hay what about the rest of them are the riu going to investegate ???????????????????