RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Robert Best

G Kenny - Fundraiser for Fine Payment

Fined $500 for having David Walker riding some horses on her own property.

Should of been quiet warning.

This picking on small trainers who cant afford QC's is a nasty trend from obviously nasty people.

I am prepared to donate for Auction on this thread a 16kg Salkavite, retail approx. $450 to help pay the ridiculous $500 fine.

Starts now finish This Sunday 13March at noon.

Salkavite is a powder Electrolyte containing all the B Group Vitamins the biggest seller in the Ranvet range.

Guest 2Admin2

Mmmm RIU undercover at 7:45am with the intent of catching the trainer and jockey.  Someone must have dialled the 0800 DOBBIN line.

A very nice gesture Robert and I hope RaceCafers respond.

Guest 2Admin2

What I don't understand is Waddell has an exemption.  How does that work?

Guest 2Admin2
4 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Can it generate a cobalt positive?

Actually Leggy that is going a bit far.  Robert has donated to what racecafe believe is a good cause.

Guest 2Admin2

Surely Walker is eligible for parole now or even community service on a private training track?

This situation is farcical. Surely Gloria should have been given a warning by the heavy handed RIU and told to get written permission from  NZTR to employ David as a track rider. As per the judgement I believe that the RIU should be renamed the MMRIU. Mixed Message Racing Integrity Unit.

48 minutes ago, gubellini said:

This situation is farcical. Surely Gloria should have been given a warning by the heavy handed RIU and told to get written permission from  NZTR to employ David as a track rider. As per the judgement I believe that the RIU should be renamed the MMRIU. Mixed Message Racing Integrity Unit.

Correct Gube,

You may remember when Mr Grimstone came out to the beach looking for a disqualified person,who was riding work for a licenced Trainer.He has been disqualified for Drug usage ,some may say a more serious charge, then what Walker was found guilty of.

This Trainer was issued with a warning, rightfully,so, why was Mrs Kenny not also given the same opportunity,as i can not see any difference.They both said they were unaware that they could not ride work in a private or public place.

This just smacks of double standards and puts the RIU in a negative light.

I will bid $300 for that product,kindly donated by Robert,as justice once again has been badly handled by the RIU

Once again we heard MR Mike Godber on Peter Early's show today.

His verbal presentation with words like "someting"  (sic) , "cos" and "Yeah" are not  what a front person for an Integrity Unit

should be using. He is totally unprofessional and very sloppy.

Not tolerated in other highly paid $250k positions.

The "trivial" pursuit of Gloria and other good people like Kevin Morton, the Matt Cameron  Mime ride make Godber a laughing stock.

Cameron George and the ones before him,including George Lawson  had respect.

Respect from The Licence holders.

They  earnt it. We didn't have to agree with their decisions.

We had a belief that The Judicial System change from District Committees to The JCA  model ,led by Tony Ryan and others would be for the Better of NZ Racing. Mr Ken Browne ,Alan Lesley Jones and others from that era were cautious but supportive.The racing act was implemented :

The JCA is an independent statutory authority constituted under the Racing Act. The JCA ensures that judicial and appeal proceedings in thoroughbred, harness and greyhound racing are heard and decided fairly, professionally, efficiently, and in a consistent and cost effective manner

The new model depended on fair, informed and professional "Stipes", to present their cases to a panel called The JCA:

I was involved as a small part of that transformation. 

It is my belief that Mr Godber should immediately resign. His number of trivial and lost cases in a very short term, should see him rethinking his career.Immediately. His public relations re The Wexford case  have surely fallen into the farcical basket. His course of actions and procedures for immediate disqualification of the three Wexford horses is very well documented.It's called procedures to follow:

The disqualifications should have happened by the end of May 2015.

Then ,"The Wexford team" could have presented their defence.( Suffire 05.02 15 : Quintastics 11.03 15 Sound Propostion 28.02 15 )

I phoned Mr Godber's listed RIU number of 027 474387 twice today,stating these concerns re Gloria and others.

No reply as of 8:33pm tonight.

Revel Somervell

Guest 2Admin2
2 minutes ago, Scotch Thistle said:

Sticking to the guts, a trainer has broken the rules of racing by employing a disqualified rider, pleaded guilty, and been fined $500. 

Yes but on a private track.  Isn't there bigger things to worry about?  Quirke gets a bonus for breaking the rules and a decent hard working chap gets hammered.

Meanwhile I'm sure the powers that be are booking their next trip to some exotic location to present a non existent paper on a topic they are totally unqualified to comment on.

13 minutes ago, Scotch Thistle said:

Sticking to the guts, a trainer has broken the rules of racing by employing a disqualified rider, pleaded guilty, and been fined $500. 

Would the charge have been laid if the defendant said that Mr Walker was employed as a Stockman/ Musterer on her farm and therefore riding a horse would be a common practice???

15 minutes ago, Midget said:

Would the charge have been laid if the defendant said that Mr Walker was employed as a Stockman/ Musterer on her farm and therefore riding a horse would be a common practice???

Wasn't he doing that as the horse he was riding was a RETIRED racehorse from what I have just read, not a racehorse. 

Leo, bid five hundred. I will make the other two hundred. You know who I am. 

This type of crap gives me the shits. 

Look at the idiots throughout the industry stuffing everything up everywhere and all we have here is Walker employed on the farm together with his wife riding an ex racehorse and possibly assisting (my guess) with young ones being educated etc. 

For Gods sake the place is a farm where their own horses are reared and exercised, not a racecourse or training centre.