RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
aquaman

Long lure

Race twelve at Southland today gets a mention in the Stipes report. It was a hand start. It fails to mention the long lure. Punters were shafted in this race, and should, could of been declared a no race. Hate to think how many of the starters crunched their nuts on the lid.

12 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Race twelve at Southland today gets a mention in the Stipes report. It was a hand start. It fails to mention the long lure. Punters were shafted in this race, and should, could of been declared a no race. Hate to think how many of the starters crunched their nuts on the lid.

Second meeting in a row John. Last meeting same thing last time looked like he yanked nothing happened then yanked again lure well gone by 2nd time 

Didn't see the other one that you allude to Jason, but if anything like todays effort, then somebody needs to educate the starter on when to pull the lever. Disappointing effort from the Stipes in not picking it up, and because of this failure, punters are now set up for a repeat. And no i'm not speaking through the pocket, didn't bet today at Southland. 

All 390m races at Ascot have been hand starts for more than 2 months now as I recall.

The boxes have only been there for roughly two years as well.

Greyhound racing is suppose to be a professional sport. Real money is wagered on every race with the expectation of a fair go. Race 12 did not offer a fair go to the punters & the Steward severely let everyone down by not enforcing integrity by declaring a no-race. Maybe he was far to worried about deciding who he was going to declare as the winner if there was only a nose in the finish & the inadequate photo finish technology on course let the judge down, instead of watching the start.

I'm pretty sure a replay is available to the Stewards almost instantly after a race has been run, but judging by the start of the races (long lure & hand starts) & finishes of the race (photo finish camera), maybe a replay isn't available at the Ascot venue either.

75.1 The Lure shall be controlled so as to be positioned at all times during the running of a Race at a distance of not less than 5 metres and no greater than 8 metres ahead of the leading Greyhound. However, the Steward(s) may permit a variance to such distance if he/she/they is/are satisfied that as a consequence of such variance no Greyhound has been substantially inconvenienced in running so as to affect the outcome of the Race.

Was the lure 8 meters or less in front of the greyhounds when the boxes first started to open?

Was the lure 8 meters or less in front of the leading greyhound when it was 1 meter from the boxes?

I think not.

If you look at race 12, March 8th, from the replays on the NZGRA website as i have today, you will see the lure would be 40 mtrs in front of the dogs before the lids have opened fully. This causes the fast trappers to crunch their heads on the lids, and the slow trappers to gain the advantage, and thats why it should of been declared a no race. Very sloppy work.

You are so right!!! .. Throw it over to Phil, He is in charge now and needs to get a grip on these things...One track after another with fundamental cock ups all the time. It needs to be rectified, and our new C.E.O. has put his hand up !!, after all that is why he has the job?..  Phil you are familiar  to the big boys in Rugby League, unfortunately the scrum from Head office wont help  like that, and dog shit between the toes is more offensive than a full on stiff arm tackle...    

I was at the track handling in most of the 390m races all day. I know that all the races except R12 were not hand starts. I watched every time from a distance of less than 2m. The starter has been told to have his hand their I believe since that meeting a couple of months ago. He has his hand their, just incase they don't trigger automatically. Thats why every race that day except 12 were even. 

18 minutes ago, Awesome-O said:

I was at the track handling in most of the 390m races all day. I know that all the races except R12 were not hand starts. I watched every time from a distance of less than 2m. The starter has been told to have his hand their I believe since that meeting a couple of months ago. He has his hand their, just incase they don't trigger automatically. Thats why every race that day except 12 were even. 

Race #1

image002.jpg.9a4a232e231a7258f0cf1b317b2

Race #2

image004.jpg.567e18c49b8f90d6d5477f5ee2d

Race #3

image006.jpg.9b8cceb357ae60d5be00ead124b

Race #5

image008.jpg.75976266abb2a64e06443540bf8

Race #6

image010.jpg.0d3c87911dd4d1859c46d91e301

Race #8

image012.jpg.561337106e0643adc8279e267c8

Race #9

image014.jpg.851af8a58a3608cad234472a3ef

Race #11

image016.jpg.0a0b4072d3cac4f76784be1cc30

Race #12 - note the lure on the far left & boxes still closed.

image018.jpg.b39b3f2e73b5d4f8d0c9df43587

Yeah I understood that. I was handling in that very race. The reason the others were slightly different is the speed the lure passes the trip. Race 12 was definitely not tripped. But I can guarantee you the other 390m races that say were. I was on track. Behind the boxes. Which I have noted I watched the hand of the starter and the box manual leaver. His hand was never in contact with it. Until they didn't trip for race 12.

Thanks for that Awesome-O.

That's an interesting maneuver by either the club? or Steward? instead of actually fixing the underlying problem.

Obviously the starters reaction time isn't quick enough (nor would some superhero's be) to manually pull the lever when the automatic mechanism fails to operate, TO KEEP THE LURE WITHIN THE CLEARLY DEFINED DISTANCES in the GRNZ RULE BOOK.

Well the #8 wire mentality has caught them out on more than one occasion now, but instead of doing the right thing, the Stewards somehow in their greater wisdom, believed a variance in distance of roughly 5 times the legal limit was warranted because no Greyhound had been substantially inconvenienced.

"However, the Steward(s) may permit a variance to such distance if he/she/they is/are satisfied that as a consequence of such variance no Greyhound has been substantially inconvenienced in running so as to affect the outcome of the Race."

I wonder if the police would give me the same 5x allowance, after being on way to much piss, on my drive home from Ascot.

What is happening down there is a complete joke. No one seems to have the balls to do anything about it, not even those who are paid (Stewards) to do something about it.

The SGRC can't seem to offer a fair start or a fair finish, but since the dogs are going in the correct direction (at least up until now) around the track, that's good enough.

Yeah I agree. You would think that they would have plenty of time between meetings to find and fix the problem. I wasn't there for the meeting last week. So wouldn't know if it's been fixed or not. 

1 hour ago, Awesome-O said:

Yeah I agree. You would think that they would have plenty of time between meetings to find and fix the problem. I wasn't there for the meeting last week. So wouldn't know if it's been fixed or not. 

Yeah, thanks for your imput Awesome-0, and thanks to Yankiwi for the computer skills.

13 hours ago, shelley said:

And where did these Reconditioned Boxes come from with Reco parts?Hmmmm// 

Does it matter where they came from? They didn't have to accept the gift if they didn't want them!

Even if they're not working, they are still better than the ones they replaced.

Is a special envoy (sparky) required to come down from Cambridge to fix a electronic switching mechanism?

I don't have to wait in the garage so when my wife comes home to be at the ready to lift the door for her, if the electronic switching mechanism doesn't lift the door automatically when she pushes the button on the remote. That would throw her timing all off and slow her down!

If you have any problems, why not give us a call.  I can assure you we are not sitting on our hands doing nothing and we have an excellent electrician who I cannot speak highly enough of - so no we don't need any sparky from Cambridge to come down.  The problem is in the internal workings of the box and mostly they decide they will work and then feel like they need a little rest for a race.  This is the problem with reconditioned boxes with reconditioned parts.  Very frustrating for us also but through a process of elimination we will get to the bottom of it and in fact have a new part going in this week which will eliminate three other parts.  So not an easy fix - wish it was. 

Bronwyn Eade

SGRC

1 hour ago, S.G.R.C said:

If you have any problems, why not give us a call.

Ringing the club would accomplish what?

Obviously from your post you're well aware of the problem.

Obviously it's been a problem for two months or more (I can post screenshots from the meets if you'd like).

Apparently (as well proven on another thread) your photo finish technology is from the 20th century, outdated & inadequate. http://www.racecafe.co.nz/forums/index.php?/topic/47671-you-can-be-the-judge/

I'm not asking for the world here. I'm just asking for a fair go with my punts.

Is that to much to ask for, or would it be prefered that I stop supporting the club by placing wagers on races held there?

If the electronic switching mechanism fails to work at every other track, the dogs are removed through the rear door & vet checked, as it is a welfare issue.

Why is this general procedure not being followed by the SGRC?

I suggest ringing Greg could be a better option than ringing the club. However, I probably don't need to, as I'm pretty sure posts on Racecafe are monitored by someone within GRNZ. He'll likely be getting a gentle elbow from that someone when this post is viewed.

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Ringing the club would accomplish what?

Obviously from your post you're well aware of the problem.

Obviously it's been a problem for two months or more (I can post screenshots from the meets if you'd like).

Apparently (as well proven on another thread) your photo finish technology is from the 20th century, outdated & inadequate. http://www.racecafe.co.nz/forums/index.php?/topic/47671-you-can-be-the-judge/

I'm not asking for the world here. I'm just asking for a fair go with my punts.

Is that to much to ask for, or would it be prefered that I stop supporting the club by placing wagers on races held there?

The photo Finish is not Club opererated or owned.