RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
langas

Failed Breath Tests

2 hours ago, langas said:

Brodie It doesn't matter how many have been caused by Alcohol consumption. How do you know they have not been if they weren't testing back then, stop looking back at the past and focus on the future. Future says there is a rule and its up to the individual who is supposed to be a professional sportsman to know they are under that rule. Saying how was he supposed to know is a fucking cheap cop out! Its his livleyhood, why would you put that at risk. Don't break the rules Brodie its simple.

Langas.

It is reassuring to know that everyone that goes to the races and parks their car in the carpark and then drinks there, are then not driving home with an alcohol reading over the limit!

If they were then they are endangering everyone else's life that is on the road!

Obviously you have never been drinking alcohol and then driven home over the limit

Apparently the testing machine broke down and not all drivers were therefore tested, so I wonder how many other alcohol impaired drivers were rampant yesterday.

As I repeat I don't condone drivers drinking prior to driving, and we don't know what Bobs reading was, but I do know that Harness drivers often drink at the races hopefully after their last drive of the night.

So to keep it uniform and to keep harness racing so called professional then should the RIU be breath screening them prior to jumping in their truck with horses to ensure that they are under the limit?

6 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I believe there is nothing really in this on a individual level, just like the Blair Orange case over New Year, but the credibility of Harness Racing is at stake if drivers continue to test positive (regardless of the reading and the level of impairment it has) 

Where are those dog lovers? Thought they would be flying into this. "What is the only thing worse than a cheat on a seat? A drunken cheat on a seat!"

We all think harness racing is a great game so we all have to respect it - The drivers need to front up and not let it happen again.

Fair comment.

The thing is we don't know the background to the drinking do we?

It is a bit unfair to expect that the drivers aren't allowed a drink while they are away on the coast, as what else would there be to do over there.

If Bob did drink plenty then I don't condone that, but everyone is different and record different readings due to body size and chemistry.

Bob has not to my knowledge been involved in anything previously and yet some want to hang him out to dry including hoping he doesn't get to drive a top horse in Conan Bridge.

I have a bigger issue as previously stated with dangerous incompetent drivers!!!!!

Just now, Brodie said:

Fair comment.

The thing is we don't know the background to the drinking do we?

It is a bit unfair to expect that the drivers aren't allowed a drink while they are away on the coast, as what else would there be to do over there.

If Bob did drink plenty then I don't condone that, but everyone is different and record different readings due to body size and chemistry.

Bob has not to my knowledge been involved in anything previously and yet some want to hang him out to dry including hoping he doesn't get to drive a top horse in Conan Bridge.

I have a bigger issue as previously stated with dangerous incompetent drivers!!!!!

I agree with you Brodie. 

The drivers just have to be conscious of the bigger picture too.

Friday and Sunday meetings..........so get full on Friday night and leave Saturday alone. Chase the girls on the coast with a sober mind on the Saturday!

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I agree with you Brodie. 

The drivers just have to be conscious of the bigger picture too.

Friday and Sunday meetings..........so get full on Friday night and leave Saturday alone. Chase the girls on the coast with a sober mind on the Saturday!

The Coast girls would look better though with a few in I would say!!

1 hour ago, Overcheck said:

As the breathalyser machine broke down and testing was stopped was it reading correctly in the first place? Bob Butt does seem genuinely surprised.

Pretty sure Bob Butt would have an excellent chance of defending himself that the testing machine was faulty for his test.

Is this RIU the same unit that was going to let Mile Stratford away with a just a fine for his modified whip, if it wasn't for the media pressure?

Now they are hammering a young trainer/driver with potetentially faulty testing equipment.

Where is the integrity I say?

11 hours ago, Brodie said:

The Coast girls would look better though with a few in I would say!!

I have a nice memory of meeting a beautiful young lady at a place called Blackball. Not to be confused with Blueball which was also present at the time. The Blackball Hilton even seemed like a five star hotel after a few pints of home brew and a delicious possum casserole. She went on to make a  lovely horse trainers wife but just for a brief moment she was fortunate enough to have a brutally handsome man to play spin the bottle with. I told her how lucky she was at the time. I feel confident she still looks back with fondness reminiscing about those 52 seconds.    

Doorway to Formerly the Blackball Hilton - Blackball, West Coast

On 3/7/2016 at 8:55 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

I believe there is nothing really in this on a individual level, just like the Blair Orange case over New Year, but the credibility of Harness Racing is at stake if drivers continue to test positive (regardless of the reading and the level of impairment it has) 

Where are those dog lovers? Thought they would be flying into this. "What is the only thing worse than a cheat on a seat? A drunken cheat on a seat!"

We all think harness racing is a great game so we all have to respect it - The drivers need to front up and not let it happen again.

I suspect the "dog lovers" are too busy getting their greyhounds ready for another race meeting.

My knowledge of those dog lovers tells me that they are, nearly without exception, interested in all racing and they get no or little satisfaction from seeing reports of the transgressions of harness or thoroughbred people. After all, racing has an uphill battle these days to retain its followers and no one gains from racing people being shown in a bad light in the media, irrespective of the code.

4 hours ago, Jape said:

I suspect the "dog lovers" are too busy getting their greyhounds ready for another race meeting.

My knowledge of those dog lovers tells me that they are, nearly without exception, interested in all racing and they get no or little satisfaction from seeing reports of the transgressions of harness or thoroughbred people. After all, racing has an uphill battle these days to retain its followers and no one gains from racing people being shown in a bad light in the media, irrespective of the code.

Jape, my comment about the 'dog lovers' and 'the cheats on seats' was a light-hearted reference to a spat that occurred in a thread a wee while back between some harness and greyhound fans.

I agree with you by the way.

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Jape, my comment about the 'dog lovers' and 'the cheats on seats' was a light-hearted reference to a spat that occurred in a thread a wee while back between some harness and greyhound fans.

I agree with you by the way.

Good as, Happy.