RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Beautiful overcast mild day at head quarters.......

I'm not convinced of the Kiwi with the big reputation today but I wish him well.

Tarzino my pick for the Guineas with the  best bred horse the bet of the day in the last. ;)

Good luck if you have a punt

21 hours ago, CT said:

I'm not convinced of the Kiwi with the big reputation today but I wish him well.

Tarzino my pick for the Guineas with the  best bred horse the bet of the day in the last. ;)

Good luck if you have a punt

Well well well, Xtravagant was definitely not Xcellent by any stretch of the imagination.

Not an ideal preparation stepping straight off a plane into a hot Guineas field.

I wonder how much Ernie burnt on him??

Tarzino ran very well coming from last. If Froggy had been slightly more patient he probably would've won.

Full credit to Palentino who has showed the fighting qualities of the old Northerly in his brief career. Those qualities will ensure that won't be his last group 1 I'm sure.

Divan had every chance in the last. He would need to improve substantially to be a Cup chance for Lloyd this year.

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

Final leg of a few $40 multis Thommo. So no big damage other than the 5 figure returns on each one didn't happen. Got my money back on the Guineas Tri though. 

Very good Ernie.

Perhaps Stephen Autridge should've taken a leaf out of the former trainer of Miss Seton Sands and brought the horse over a week or two earlier. 

Seemed a very strange decision to fly the horse over so close to the race.

Didn't Fury's Order arrive at Midnight the night before the Cox Plate?..........tough horses back then, not like the pussy's some are now.....race twice in one day, travel 8 hours to races same day, carry weights unheard of now.......lovely, rawboned, high withered, big eaters, and tough...tough as teak!.

4 hours ago, rdytdy said:

CT the same initials as someone who used to stop them here. :D

Tarzino and Divan both second.  

You're a hard marker Ted! I layed the favourite & my tip got beaten a lip.

I'm guessing you tipped Palentino?? :lol:

4 hours ago, turny said:

Hi Thommo look forward to your ongoing reports from HQ in Melbourne

All good Tom. We're busy building a house at the moment but hopefully I'll be back to Flemington for Super Saturday next weekend

Gee, it's been a while since we have heard from you Chris. You have been in Melbourne a while now and obviously for much longer with a new house build.

I believe Midget is salivating in anticipation of future banter with you :D

28 minutes ago, turny said:

Trust the house has a view over caulfield

I wish! Median house price for Caulfield is over 1.6 now. We used to live East in Prahran near Caulfield but are building out West so will be closer to Flemington :)

17 minutes ago, rdytdy said:

Gee, it's been a while since we have heard from you Chris. You have been in Melbourne a while now and obviously for much longer with a new house build.

I believe Midget is salivating in anticipation of future banter with you :D

Will be coming up 8 years in Melbourne this year Ted.

No plans of moving from the most liveable city any time soon. I'm very fortunate to be living here.

Short stuff is showing early signs of dementia. How could a qualified vet justify a cobalt reading of over 600 from an oral intake??? :lol: Somethings never change. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, CT said:

Will be coming up 8 years in Melbourne this year Ted.

No plans of moving from the most liveable city any time soon. I'm very fortunate to be living here.

Short stuff is showing early signs of dementia. How could a qualified vet justify a cobalt reading of over 600 from an oral intake??? :lol: Somethings never change. :rolleyes:

Case is pending, read about it.

Note the expert witness for the prosecution in the Moody case originally said Mood's explanation was statistically likely to have been about a 1 in 10 million chance, but when he got the NZ evidence he did a complete somersault and said Moody's version had an 80% chance of being correct and accurate.

Good to see you're reverting to the same old habits though, and being wrong.

How's the blanket on the ground ? You still camping out with the boys under that blanket ?

10 hours ago, biff said:

Didn't Fury's Order arrive at Midnight the night before the Cox Plate?..........tough horses back then, not like the pussy's some are now.....race twice in one day, travel 8 hours to races same day, carry weights unheard of now.......lovely, rawboned, high withered, big eaters, and tough...tough as teak!.

Van der Hum won the Herbert Power after getting off the plane at midnight 15 odd hours before race. Was there backed it. Same year he won the Cup. 1976. Ah they were the days 

Hey fella's lets just look at the facts, Ellis is the trainer, just like Lloyd Williams, the listed trainer probably knew his fate but wouldn't argue with Ellis.......they are desperate for a stallion deal to keep faith with the big end of town investors. The media hype. ha, he's too soft this horse, kept in cotton wool, send him to Gai, now that will toughen him up, you want a stallion send him to Gai...... 

12 hours ago, Midget said:

Note the expert witness for the prosecution in the Moody case originally said Mood's explanation was statistically likely to have been about a 1 in 10 million chance, but when he got the NZ evidence he did a complete somersault and said Moody's version had an 80% chance of being correct and accurate.

How's the blanket on the ground ? You still camping out with the boys under that blanket ?

If anything it's good entertainment seeing you trying to defend the indefensible. :lol:

I know they're in the Old Boys Club short stuff but unfortunately it doesn't matter whether your name is Peter Moody or Lance O'Sullivan. The fact is both these trainers presented horses to race with elevated levels of performance enhancing cobalt and the horses subsequently ran career best performances.

As a trainer it is your responsibility to protect your owners horses and play by the rules. This has clearly not been the case with these two trainers and they need to be brought to justice to face the consequences.

The fact that the defence lies in a cattle-shared trough is laughable and your acceptance of this defence only adds to the hilarity. :lol:

41 minutes ago, CT said:

If anything it's good entertainment seeing you trying to defend the indefensible. :lol:

I know they're in the Old Boys Club short stuff but unfortunately it doesn't matter whether your name is Peter Moody or Lance O'Sullivan. The fact is both these trainers presented horses to race with elevated levels of performance enhancing cobalt and the horses subsequently ran career best performances.

As a trainer it is your responsibility to protect your owners horses and play by the rules. This has clearly not been the case with these two trainers and they need to be brought to justice to face the consequences.

The fact that the defence lies in a cattle-shared trough is laughable and your acceptance of this defence only adds to the hilarity. :lol:

I'm not here to educate you Tommo, filling your brain with facts would be akin to filling the Sahara with ice blocks and I'd rather not.

I am though here to play with your mind, but there's not much raw material to play with so let's keep our expectations very low there, lower than your strike rate on the punt, and lower than your personality.

A mate of mine said he saw you walk into a sex shop the other day, and all the blow up dolls felt deflated.

Now back to Moody and Co.

I'm obviously slightly more learned than you are so you'll need to trust me on this, they've both got a very good out if you look at this from a "possible v. probable" perspective, and racing tribunals are not courts of law so they could interpret this in any number of ways, but the logical perspective will be that " if this is possible based on the weight of evidence they will have to afford a degree of leniency and hand down a penalty accordingly ..."

That's what happens when you marry justice and science Tommo, you get fairness.

49 minutes ago, Midget said:

I'm not here to educate you Tommo, filling your brain with facts would be akin to filling the Sahara with ice blocks and I'd rather not.

I am though here to play with your mind, but there's not much raw material to play with so let's keep our expectations very low there, lower than your strike rate on the punt, and lower than your personality.

A mate of mine said he saw you walk into a sex shop the other day, and all the blow up dolls felt deflated.

Now back to Moody and Co.

I'm obviously slightly more learned than you are so you'll need to trust me on this, they've both got a very good out if you look at this from a "possible v. probable" perspective, and racing tribunals are not courts of law so they could interpret this in any number of ways, but the logical perspective will be that " if this is possible based on the weight of evidence they will have to afford a degree of leniency and hand down a penalty accordingly ..."

That's what happens when you marry justice and science Tommo, you get fairness.

And you wonder why NZ racing has been heading in the same direction as your numerous failed business ventures?? :lol:

"A very good out" indeed. 

I'm not sure if the connections of the horses (who played by the rules and finished behind those of Lance & Peter) share the same sentiments.

There's a difference between justice being done and having a very good lawyer short stuff.

Why should Lance & Peter be treated any differently to those who have been rightly convicted of using cobalt illegally to obtain an unfair advantage over their opposition??

1 hour ago, CT said:

I don't often agree with you CT, on this occasion you are 110% correct.

Guest 2Admin2
8 minutes ago, biff said:

I don't often agree with you CT, on this occasion you are 110% correct.

On this occasion you are 120% incorrect.

2 hours ago, CT said:

And you wonder why NZ racing has been heading in the same direction as your numerous failed business ventures?? :lol:

"A very good out" indeed. 

I'm not sure if the connections of the horses (who played by the rules and finished behind those of Lance & Peter) share the same sentiments.

There's a difference between justice being done and having a very good lawyer short stuff.

Why should Lance & Peter be treated any differently to those who have been rightly convicted of using cobalt illegally to obtain an unfair advantage over their opposition??

Just the one failed business venture Tommo, but don't you ever let facts get in the way of your (always wrong) story.

On 3/6/2016 at 10:04 PM, Midget said:

So how confident can we be that this so called expert can be relied upon? What a bloody shambles!

As we keep saying, this is dynamic science and very much a work in progress so you can't really blame the expert witness because like the rest of us he can only rely on the published data, and unfortunately there's not much of it, and nor have the boundaries been tested so we can ascertain when, how and why.

Some of the pseudo-scientists and finger pointers must be cringing now, and looking for a spatula to wipe the egg off their faces.